DeathIsTheWayOut99

DeathIsTheWayOut99

Warlock
Jun 6, 2020
Its up to me to make a change. My family is aware of how horribly my brother is to me and agree that he needs help. I told my aunt and grandma that a family meeting is needed and they both agree. My dad does too, now its a matter of getting everyone together to have this talk. only thing is the thought of doing that stresses me and triggers my suicidality. if I dont say somethign then nothing will change till either my dad or brother kill each other, or maybe I should kill myself to get rid of this mess.

I just wish this decision didn't fall on me. I hate myself

• Hugs
Reactions: WornOutLife, Ghost2211, Stick and 2 others
Infinite Conscious

Infinite Conscious

Experienced
Aug 18, 2020
Not to suicide.
How old are you? 16 and a half? 18?
It's too early.
Your problems are temporary.
Even if that "99" in you nick means that you're 21, it's still too early.
Later in life, if it does come to it, you will know... and there won't be an "if" or "do I".

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: sadworld, Belaya Noch and x~Sophia~x
Stick

Stick

Experienced
Aug 31, 2020
Maybe you can plan out what you plan to say in the meeting beforehand? We can help you with that and give you advice maybe. That way, you can hopefully minimize the triggers that occur in your conversation.

Reactions: darkghost, pickajack, Ghost2211 and 1 other person
DeathIsTheWayOut99

DeathIsTheWayOut99

Warlock
Jun 6, 2020
Not to suicide.
How old are you? 16 and a half? 18?
It's too early.
Your problems are temporary.
Even if that "99" in you nick means that you're 21, it's still too early.
Later in life, if it does come to it, you will know... and there won't be an "if" or "do I".
Nah im 22 lol

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I'm proud of your strength OP. Its up to you which path you choose, but you seem to have made a lot of progress with dealing with your brother. It's hard getting out of an abusive situation, but you're making your voice heard by those around you.

Reactions: pickajack and Stick
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Unfortunately, in order to get true change, decisions must fall on us. However, you're doing a nice job and looking at some stuff you commented on other threads hell yeah, your brother needs help!
I wish you the best and if in the end you CTB, it'll still be YOUR decision. We're free!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghost2211 and Stick
F

fox21132113

Student
Sep 8, 2020
I think that's pretty cool to handle family issues via meeting. Plan out some things to say. What makes your brother abusive? Would your brother be interested in (any type of service he needs)? What would you like to see happen, which change? How will this make you better and set you up for success?

Reactions: Stick and pickajack
pickajack

pickajack

Student
Jul 17, 2020
@Stick and @fox21132113 great advice to make a plan
@DeathIsTheWayOut99 you are already part way there just by anticipating the emotional effect the confrontation will trigger.
Good job, next step is to plan as best you can. Plan a "cool-down" activity for after too. You can't control how others behave, but you can look forward to a comforting activity when it's over.
Proud of you for facing the situation. Sounds like a tough one.:hug::hug::hug::hug:

• Hugs
Reactions: BPD Barbie, Ghost2211 and Stick