H

Hangman

Nov 4, 2021
I'm thinking why should I wait to die of old age. I die now younger or in 50-60 years, or randomly somewhere in between. In either case I lose all my belongings, close people and memories of any good moments. What happens in those 50-60 years that makes them worth living? Why wouldn't I just die now. At least that way I can control the way I die. I might wait and live through all that time, but will it feel much different from dying now if I fell like a partial corpse already. I may feel good some days, but even that is a passing feeling. Death seems like only thing that is final, the ultimate way to be.

Somehow I sway towards nihilistic type of thinking on this matter. Sort of jealous to those people who truly see value in life. In my eyes life can be sometimes good, but can't see true value in it nor can't see is as something that should be reserved as long as possible. I guess it's a philosophical question too. Guessing not having a spouse and/or kids or true friends affects my thinking too.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: sserafim, Rational man, Forever Sleep and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I personally see nothing desirable about suffering in this existence so unnecessarily slowly decaying from age, the thought of old age disturbs me, I fear the thought of being trapped here for potentially decades, it fills me with dread. I understand why you'd prefer to leave on your own terms.

Reactions: sserafim and conarc
C

conarc

Experienced
Aug 8, 2023
I'm thinking why should I wait to die of old age. I die now younger or in 50-60 years, or randomly somewhere in between. In either case I lose all my belongings, close people and memories of any good moments. What happens in those 50-60 years that makes them worth living? Why wouldn't I just die now. At least that way I can control the way I die. I might wait and live through all that time, but will it feel much different from dying now if I fell like a partial corpse already. I may feel good some days, but even that is a passing feeling. Death seems like only thing that is final, the ultimate way to be.

Somehow I sway towards nihilistic type of thinking on this matter. Sort of jealous to those people who truly see value in life. In my eyes life can be sometimes good, but can't see true value in it nor can't see is as something that should be reserved as long as possible. I guess it's a philosophical question too. Guessing not having a spouse and/or kids or true friends affects my thinking too.
How old are you now?

Rational man

Rational man

Enlightened
Oct 19, 2021
Of course, it goes without saying that there is no guarantee that anyone will live to older age, even if we plan to. Just living is a risk because people of all ages die every day in all kinds of ways. I knew a work colleague who planned all sorts of things and saved money to travel during his retirement. He died by heart failure, one Week before retiring.

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
There is no guarantee you will naturally die a quick painless death. odds are if you get old you'll get dementia, cancer, stroke , artrithis or some other painful diseases tortured for years and then tortured to death. Alshiemers , cancer, dementia, brain damage by stroke , are just a few examples of being tortured for years and then tortured to death.

dementia is one of the leading causes of Death. they suffer for years , forgetting who they are ,becoming "someone" else and die tortured to death. So odds are most people are going to get dementia in old age if they allow themselves to become old . but of course in this evil upsidedown world they have most humans wanting to grow old , yearning for the so-called golden years. imo just for that reason it's completely irrational to want to grow old . But they say I'm crazy for saying this. and they say suicidal people are crazy . it's not just dementia but many other horrors of old age cancer, stroke , falling , fragile bones, arthritis on and on.

Sure if someone wants to be old and risk all that and feel constant pain then they should be alllowed. I don't care what others do . we all will die anyway

They made assisted suicide illegal a crime. and made nembutal illegal. So nobody even people 50, 60, 70, 80, 90 years old have a way to exit this hell ever.

Reactions: sserafim