Ruby765

Oct 13, 2020
How can I die by stopping to breathe

Reactions: DetachedDreamer97
DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018
The only practical way to die from not breathing is taking some strong CNS depressants that will cause respiratory depression, or something that will produce respiratory arrest. Or asphyxiation/drowning.

Otherwise, you can't exactly die from holding your breath. Maybe you could, but... I unfortunately don't exactly know how to actually do it.

Reactions: AbsoluteNothingness, Meditation guide, k75 and 1 other person
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
You can't just hold your breath to death. I suppose you might be able to hold it until you pass out, but then you'll just start breathing again.

I don't really see how you can get very far with this idea.

Reactions: AbsoluteNothingness, depressedsally, AprilsBlessings and 1 other person
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
Nope just not going to work, if it was that easy don't you think we would all be doing it?

Reactions: DFFP
R

Ruby765

Oct 13, 2020
You can't just hold your breath to death. I suppose you might be able to hold it until you pass out, but then you'll just start breathing again.

What about partial hanging I totally don't have any idea
What about partial hanging I totally don't have any idea
I even tried to make slipknot bt it lags

I

I screwed up

Waiting for the damn bus
Sep 11, 2019
Sorry no way u can die by holding ur breath. Wish it was as easy as that. For partial hanging method u need to refer to the resources section ...

R

Ruby765

Oct 13, 2020
Sorry no way u can die by holding ur breath. Wish it was as easy as that. For partial hanging method u need to refer to the resources section ...
I have referred already bt I have a ffear that I may not be successful

DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018

Maybe with the pass out game where you hyperventilate for a while and hold your breath, maybe, but still... the chance of actually dying is very low.

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
How can I die by stopping to breathe
Holding breath under water is a way . But it doesn't have to be painful.
I remember reading the shallow water blackout thread here somewhere or somewhere else : And it said that at least 400 professional frreedivers have died from blacking out underwater. Most or all didn't realize it was happening so that's the best way to go for me in not realizing you blacked out then died as that produces no pain and no stress. I also saw accounts on video and other places of freedivers that were rescued after blacking out and none of the ones that i saw said that they felt any pain nor discomfort they didn't even realize that they had blacked out.
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/shallow-water-blackout.4315/

Last edited:
Reactions: idk who i am
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I almost stopped breathing once and felt myself do it and forced myself to breathe. So what I don't understand is how is it that I was awake and aware I wasn't breathing? It was a panic feeling when I realized it. Maybe I wasn't as out of it as most people are by that point. I had stopped taking my thyroid meds a few months earlier.
Whatever it is that keeps people breathing had stopped working. I was probably about to slip into a coma.

Last edited: