• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

reimu

reimu

Jul 24, 2024
For context of what I'm about to talk about I own the biggest marketplace of skin and item selling for a games community and I sell skins in said community. Won't divulge deeper into that as I want this forum account to be unrelated to my business.

People in the community I previously mentioned see me as some sort of soulless merchant with no sort of life outside of selling said skins in the game. People expect me to serve them and handle and sell things to them 24/7. I wish that people would understand that I don't exist to serve them 24/7 but no matter how much I express that sediment to people they still expect the same and get upset with me when I'm not there to serve them. I don't know where to go moving forward as these people just can't get it through their head that I have a life just like everybody else. It's been driving me crazy and I don't know what to do to get people to understand. I've even vaguely expressed that I have been going through mental hardships yet they still act the same. I've been wanting to get this off my chest somewhere but as the title reads actual advice is also greatly appreciated.

lamargue

lamargue

algernon
Jun 5, 2024
surely somehow you can automate distribution? if you own the biggest marketplace in said game and haven't done this yet then chances are it isn't very big. just copy the model for other marketplaces in larger games like TF2 (marketplace.tf, backpack.tf). your current method seems very inefficient

reimu

reimu

Jul 24, 2024
surely somehow you can automate distribution? if you own the biggest marketplace in said game and haven't done this yet then chances are it isn't very big. just copy the model for other marketplaces in larger games like TF2 (marketplace.tf, backpack.tf). your current method seems very inefficient
because of how the specified game works i wouldn't be able to automate it safely sadly

lamargue

lamargue

algernon
Jun 5, 2024
because of how the specified game works i wouldn't be able to automate it safely sadly
unfortunate. you don't really have an obligation to continue running your marketplace. honestly don't really know what advice could be given without knowing the specifics of the in-game economy. if you have accumulated sufficient resources then maybe you could relegate distribution to other people? if there aren't means of automating your current system, you could at least try to minimize your involvement. you almost make it sound like you're running it single-handedly.

but people are mainly trying to extract goods from you. it's more or less expecting to have a sufficient system for obtaining said goods. not sure if you would be relieved if a more dominant marketplace emerged but that would inevitably happen at some point if you were to cease to sell so actively. that would of course mean the new seller would assume many of your prior responsibilities, which from the sound of it seems very taxing. someone will probably try to come up with a more efficient marketplace, so i'd try to brainstorm ideas (with others, preferably) in order to make this functional. but tbh i know nothing of your situation so take that with a grain of salt

research business models which mirror the conditions for your game, maybe. i really know nothing about business lol

reimu

reimu

Jul 24, 2024
unfortunate. you don't really have an obligation to continue running your marketplace. honestly don't really know what advice could be given without knowing the specifics of the in-game economy. if you have accumulated sufficient resources then maybe you could relegate distribution to other people? if there aren't means of automating your current system, you could at least try to minimize your involvement. you almost make it sound like you're running it single-handedly.

but people are mainly trying to extract goods from you. it's more or less expecting to have a sufficient system for obtaining said goods. not sure if you would be relieved if a more dominant marketplace emerged but that would inevitably happen at some point if you were to cease to sell so actively. that would of course mean the new seller would assume many of your prior responsibilities, which from the sound of it seems very taxing. someone will probably try to come up with a more efficient marketplace, so i'd try to brainstorm ideas (with others, preferably) in order to make this functional. but tbh i know nothing of your situation so take that with a grain of salt

research business models which mirror the conditions for your game, maybe. i really know nothing about business lol
i'll take sometime to research some appropriate business models, thankyou for your help much appreciated <3

Reactions: lamargue