M

myusername

Apr 19, 2023
I've been reading this successful attempt and they talk about a timer, what is it?

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I searched the term in the linked page. I think it's not an actual timer, it's about when the charcoal is ready (after it stopped smoking and it is glowing red) Then it's time to get it inside the tent. Depending on the amount of charcoal you need this can take some time until the coals are ready.

Last edited:
Reactions: myusername
M

myusername

Apr 19, 2023
I searched the term in the linked page. I think it's not an actual timer, it's about when the charcoal is ready (after it stopped smoking and it is glowing red) Then it#s time to get it inside the tent. Depending on the amount of charcoal you need this can take some time until the coals are ready.
Thank you.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Yeah, that's Callie's goodbye thread. There's no "timer" she used in the traditional sense.

But, I've thought about this myself. It is possible. It's possible to rig up an electric winch onto some type of cart that would automatically pull some small pails of burning charcoal into a tent. You'd have to make a hole in the side of a tent and construct a "tunnel" of some sort, attached and sealed to the tent fabric. Controlling the winch would be an electric timer that could be set to turn on at a specific time, thereby allowing the winch to operate and pull the cart into the tent. Likewise, the timer could be set to turn off the winch after whatever amount of seconds is necessary to allow the cart to reach the right position in the tent. I thought about doing it this way to allow for some type of "medication" I would take to make me pass out. Of course a lot of experimentation would need to be done with this in order to get the timing all right. If, for example, I found that the meds I would take would put me out after about a 1/2 hour, I could get the charcoals burning properly, place them on the cart, take the meds, and then go inside the tent and just wait to pass out. After a half hour would pass, the timer would start, the winch would pull the cart into the tent, and once in, the timer would turn off. On it's way in, some type of "arm", mounted to the cart, would close a "door" at the entrance of the tunnel, to help contain the CO in the tent. All the while that was happening, I'd be unconscious, unaware of any of it. The reason I basically dropped the idea is I couldn't find a suitable drug that could guarantee unconsciousness within a consistent short amount of time.

Reactions: Timothy7dff and myusername
Alo the obvi alien

Alo the obvi alien

Planner
Jun 20, 2023
I've been reading this successful attempt and they talk about a timer, what is it?

I read that thread. Thank you. I now have a plan that doesn't cost much and can be done in the middle of the woods. I can't wait for November/December. :hug::hug::hug: