motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Yes, but only because we eventually die :smiling:

• Yay!
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Aloken, killedbypsychiatry and 5 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
It heals some stuff but not everything.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Dead Meat, GreenTree and 5 others
Rn110bg101

Rn110bg101

I want to go home
Apr 18, 2019
Depends on your situation. If it's nothing big, it can, but if there are a lot of things, it's basically a single bucket of water against a forest fire

Reactions: Dead Meat and Morituri_Te_Salutant
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Patches up poorly*.

• Aww..
Reactions: motel rooms, Morituri_Te_Salutant and orlandom
orlandom

orlandom

Mage
Mar 4, 2021
The worst part is that I start to forget the days when I was so happy. The brain gradually overwrites them. I forget those incredible days. I forget her. I forget the best part of life. The brain is slowly rewriting it. 0.2% every day. But it erases.

Now I feel like I just exist. I became like a robot. As if there were simply no emotions.

Time heals. But how he heals does not suit me. And I just want to give up such treatment.

• Aww..
Reactions: Morituri_Te_Salutant
Morituri_Te_Salutant

Morituri_Te_Salutant

-
Apr 17, 2021
If time is supposed to heal, then I probably have an aversive effect to it; as it did the exact opposite... to my mental health at least :upside-down-smiley:

But, I guess it did help with my traumatic past; allowed me to move on... even though I feel as if I'm experiencing them again every now and then...

JustAMatterOfTime

JustAMatterOfTime

Fragile
Mar 21, 2021
It does, things that made me very sad in the past don't feel as bad anymore but that is only traumatic sudden events not a natural healing of every pain.

RedHarlequin

RedHarlequin

Mage
Jul 8, 2018
Not if you're clinically depressed. In that case time just takes everything away from you slowly.

• Aww..
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Dead Meat, Ame and 1 other person
Moose.000

Moose.000

"Everything is meaningless" ~King Solomon
Apr 10, 2021
I started dealing with depression and suicidal thoughts at 20. I'm going on 44 now and just as bad, if not worse. I'm in a great relationship, I'm always surrounded by a shitload of friends, I make great money and have savings to do anything I want. I have a nice house, dogs and all the material things most strive to get.

Time is the slowest, most tortuous suicide method available to us.

• Hugs
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Last chance and Ame
motel rooms

motel rooms

Apr 13, 2021
I'm in a great relationship, I'm always surrounded by a shitload of friends, I make great money and have savings to do anything I want.
May I ask why you're suicidal?

Moose.000

Moose.000

Apr 10, 2021
May I ask why you're suicidal?
Of course. PTSD, major depressive disorder and dissociative identity disorder.

Basically my subconscious controls my conscious mind and no matter how good of a life I consciously know I have (depending on what personality is taking the wheel that day) my subconscious mind tells me life sucks and everything sucks. It calls the shots and I have zero control over it. Major chemical imbalances.

Morituri_Te_Salutant

Morituri_Te_Salutant

-
Apr 17, 2021

Basically my subconscious controls my conscious mind and no matter how good of a life I consciously know I have (depending on what personality is taking the wheel that day) my subconscious mind tells me life sucks and everything sucks. It calls the shots and I have zero control over it. Major chemical imbalances.
in that case, i'm wondering; since you make great money - how come you haven't seen a top-grade psychiatrist/therapist yet? you should be able to afford one if you were making lots of money...

motel rooms

motel rooms

Apr 13, 2021

I see...

Moose.000

Moose.000

Apr 10, 2021
in that case, i'm wondering; since you make great money - how come you haven't seen a top-grade psychiatrist/therapist yet? you should be able to afford one if you were making lots of money...
Already have, twice. Yet here I am.

• Aww..
killedbypsychiatry

killedbypsychiatry

drugging kids is abuse
Jan 27, 2021
I forget her. I forget the best part of life. The brain is slowly rewriting it. 0.2% every day. But it erases.
if what broke your heart was a break up, making new connections/ falling in love with another woman may probably accelerate the healing process. I've been there, broken because of a break up thinking I'll never find someone who is as amazing and magical as this person and then I fall in love again, and it helps me heal from the past break up and feel amazing again. As sad as it sounds love is just a chemical reaction in the brain so it hurts and causes withdrawal when it's no longer there. Withdrawal from a romantic relationship can be really painful. I obviously can't know how hard it is because every one has different situations but I think that if your issue is a break up, you can heal. Feel what you have to feel now and then looking to make other connections may accelerate the process. Just my two cents.

Reactions: Ame
P

Pharmaruined

Nobody gets out alive
Sep 10, 2020
  • Yay!
Reactions: Dolunay, Ame, Moose.000 and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I do believe this is true to an extent but some memories/events can be permanently imprinted into our subconscious mind and we can be forced to recall them. I think this is seen in dreams in particular.

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Depends on your problem. If you want to ctb due to an ex-partner. I am pretty sure time will heal...

Reactions: killedbypsychiatry
Alec

Alec

Wizard
Apr 22, 2019
I never liked that saying, it never made sense to me. I think time only numbs us to that something that hurt us in the past or maybe it's that we learn to live with the pain and it becomes a new normal for us. Or maybe it is true and time does heal but it makes no logical sense to me and it never healed me of anything so I personally don't have a reason to believe that it heals.

motel rooms

motel rooms

Apr 13, 2021
If you want to ctb due to an ex-partner. I am pretty sure time will heal...
2 people in a romantic relationship can do horrifying things to each other...

D

disfiguredone

Cursed
Aug 23, 2020
I've been thinking that at a certain point, if enough mental or physical trauma (horribly abusive life circumstances/brain injury from psychiatric meds/physical injury or illness) has been sustained, it is like having open wounds all over your body that are in various stages of infection and healing. In time some will scar over, and some will be close to feeling healed then flare up suddenly. Others though are treatment-resistant massive raging infections, the drugs have failed, and all there is to be done is drain the puss...and focus on the day the disease overcomes us - or we overcome SI.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Not true. Time can't heal rejection and heartbreak. Each incident is like a crack in a cup or bowl. No matter how much glue you use, those fractures are still there and they can only grow until the whole thing falls apart. I hate when people use this horrible cliche.

Even if it does take time, I'm running out of it and refuse to wait any longer. I'd rather die than continue to mope for the next few decades knowing I can't be truly fixed.

• Hugs
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Dead Meat, Sprite_Geist and 1 other person