• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
They will ballot on that topic in parliament. There are two proposals: a very restrictive and a surprisingly liberal proposal. I would be curious whether these people follow the development of suicide in online forums. That people who are determined enough will kill themselves any way but with way more violent, brutal and undignified methods. Or they end up as vegetable forever in extreme pain and the politicians, the journalists who agitated against liberal assisted suicide laws will be responsible for that. Such a restrictive law would make tragic fates way more cynical.

Someone posted recently something in an old thread of mine. My language was very polarizing in that thread and I try to be less heated when I talk about this topic. But I can remember why this particular podcast made me so angry. There was one female journalist of a conservative newspaper who agitated against assisted suicide laws. She said something like "the problems will solve themselves" which was extremely cynical and disgusting. Moreover she was very smug towards the two other hosts who were pro-choice. This woman meant that when the majority in the highest judicial court changes this issue is solved. So we just should wait till that happens. This is of course extremely cynical because many people in extreme and longlasting pain sue for their right to die. And as long as the laws don't change they have no access to lethal medication. So many people are tortured because these laws are not changed and died in unimaginable pain because of them. The current laws are completely unreasonable and this is for me one reason why this forum should have the right to exist.

When I search for assisted suicide laws in my language 90% of news articles demand more restrictive proposals than the ones which are discussed. The lobby is very powerful. They still don't want to accept the ruling of the highest German constitutional court which is of course very undemocratic.

My hopes are: the full process is for free, mentally ill people are also accepted and that doctors don't have to fear punishment for assisting suicide etc.

Though there is one good reason not to celebrate too early. First I think there will a majority for the restrictive approach. Even many leftwingers support that proposal. But even if the liberal one wins. The proposal has to go through the second chamber/organ of the German parliament. And I think the conervatives have the majority there so they will demand to make the proposal even more restrictive.

I don't have much hope. It would be very relieving for me to know that there was an official way out. I think this would be psychologically very beneficial for people who are longterm suicidal and who have limits on how much pain they can stomach. Just like me I am ready to try shit out. I tried so much and I am still trying. Though as all other beings I have my limits. And I don't want to end up as a vegetable for the rest of my life if I try to escape my decade long torment.

So many people died in complete misery and extreme torment because their tactics to postpone the process. These people disgust me. For example when they use the topic to gain some popularity among conservatives. Not only has the highest court ruled in favor of liberal laws. Surveys show the vast majority of Germans are in favor of liberal assisted suicide laws. Though the lobby of churches, conservatives, doctors and the media is very powerful. I try to be prepared for a bad news on Thursday at least this forum will maintain no matter what these people decide.

Last edited:
Reactions: angel31, SenseOfLoss, random_user and 4 others
Unwr!tten

Unwr!tten

Saltier than SN
Apr 10, 2023
Woah, this is very interesting. It's honestly not surprising that Germany is doing this, they are a very realistic mindset type people. I an excited, I hope it works out.

• Love
Reactions: Louise Payne and noname223
Glandular

Glandular

Student
Mar 23, 2023
I'm following that decision as well. It needed to happen because the German Federal Constitutional Court ruled that the criminalisation of assisted suicide services is unconstitutional. This is an excerpt from it:
The general right of personality (Art. 2(1) in conjunction with Art. 1(1) of the Basic Law, Grundgesetz – GG) encompasses a right to a self-determined death. [...] Where, in the exercise of this right, an individual decides to end their own life, having reached this decision based on how they personally define quality of life and a meaningful existence, their decision must, in principle, be respected by state and society as an act of autonomous self-determination.
I'll definitely cite that in my final letter.

Reactions: katagiri83
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
I don't live there but I hope they legalise it for people that do, it would be the compassionate thing as it would prevent so much unnecessary suffering.

• Hugs
Reactions: Valky
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
One further comment on it. I am getting nervous. I think I will be disappointed once again in life. As I described the Max Mustermann (that is the average German an equivalent to Joe and Jane) wants liberal assisted suicide laws. The elites want to stop that. The churches, many high politicians, many many journalists and patients advocates want a very restrictive regulation which would invalidate the highest court ruling. Assisted suicide organizations already announced if this happens they will try to sue against that.

Here some thoughts why the elites don't want liberal assisted suicide laws: These people live on the bright side of life at least most of them. Barely anyone of them has several aggressive conditions like many people in this forum have. For some it is a religious dogma where they want to force atheists to abide religious rules. Which is pretty stupid.

Moreover something that makes me very angry. These people have money. And they know exactly if they get a tormenting condition they can go to Switzerland or other European countries where assisted suicide is legal. Well not everyone has the resources to travel to such a country. The procedure costs at least several thousand euros. Even if I wanted to invest that money. If the psychiatrist says my mental illness prevents me from getting euthanasia the money is lost. Of course I don't want to gamble like that with my last money.

My grandma who has enough money and votes christian conservative. But she openly said in case she gets a horrible condition she would of course go to a foreign country to receive assisted suicide.

Der Spiegel a German newsmagazine with high reputation agitated in a disgusting article on welfare against unemployed people. When there were debates in the parliament for higher welfare. 2-3 weeks later they published an article for stricter rules on assisted suicide. Old grandmas had to be protected so that loneliness does not drive them into assisted suicide. The details were pretty ignorant. When talking about assisted suicide they only thought about rich elderely people who have the money to afford the procedure. It is a disgusting two-class society idea. The rich people can go to Switzerland and die peacefully by taking N. And people like me who are poor should be forced to methods without dignitiy. I mean if they had the chance they would probably like to ban all peaceful methods to die. So that the people who were fucked by society, life, and their fate and get their last humiliation when they throw themselves in front of the train. Getting potentially filmed and the video is uploaded, getting potentially disabled for the rest of their life, having to live in permanent torment for the rest of their life.

I get emotional when thinking about that topic. I might gonna cry in either cases of what will be decided on Thursday. It could be tears of relief or tears of bitterness and anger. Sadly the last scenario is more likely.

• Hugs
Reactions: searchingpeace and sensenmann
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Tomorrow is the final day. I have a bad feeling. Honestly I try to be an open-minded person and listen to opinions I don't agree with. Though on this issue it is just infuriating. Like almost every (I am not exaggerating) news articles demands very strict regulation. The media is obsessed by it. I think 9/10 articles that I looked at were very conservative. I could throw up. This is no pluralism. There is one Swiss outlet which is in favor of liberal laws though the German press no matter whether private or public, right or left they are so strict on this issue. Against the will of the German people. Against the ruling of the highest constitutional court. Honestly for my own well-being I have to avoid such articles They make my blood boil.

Pidgeons_Sparrows

Pidgeons_Sparrows

-flying rat
Apr 16, 2023
I'm following that decision as well. It needed to happen because the German Federal Constitutional Court ruled that the criminalisation of assisted suicide services is unconstitutional. This is an excerpt from it:

I'll definitely cite that in my final letter.
i will too lol, if i make one, thats good

sadly i doubt assisted suicide will be a thing in germany anytime soon. it will probably take hundreds of years until society has gotten progressive enough to allow such things

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
So here is the update for my foreign friends. Both proposals the restrictive and the liberal one were rejected. Though the restrictive one was closer of being implemented.

I was pretty paranoid today because I slept badly. I was pretty agitated and nervous when I watched the livestream. First I thought I want to avoid that debate my disappointment would be even worse. In the end I always muted the stream when the opponents of the liberal proposals spoke. I listened to some pro-choice people. Not all of them were convincing with their rhetoric. I think some of their points were very good though not really close to perfect. One kind of felt that their daily life is the complete opposite of desperation, pain and suffering.

I don't know it kind of comforted me that at least this very restrictive one was not implemented. Let's be real with my past psychosis it would have been still pretty difficult to approve for it. So SN will probably do the job for me when my time comes. It is a fucking joke that currently a peaceful death costs several thousand euros. And it is not even guaranteed you get approved. In the news they often present some right-to-die activists who (unsuccessfully) sued fot the access of N. I wonder whether these people know of Sancioned Suicide. It would be weird if the people I just watched in the news read this thread.

I was very agitated and close to exploding when I watched it. I was even scared to become even more manic because the relief of liberal assisted suicide laws would just blow my head off. I think we won't get another chance like this one for several years. Usually the conservatives have the majority in the parliament. I think a lot of cases of assisted suicide are now in a grey area. I could go on with this. But I don't know I cannot change the outcome anyway. It is over.

• Aww..
Reactions: random_user, SenseOfLoss and angel31