ConfusedHurting2632

ConfusedHurting2632

Student
Dec 22, 2021
As pathetic as it sounds, I used to do this literally all the time when I was 18, and now at age 20, after losing many, many friends doing this, I try to not do this anymore, though I do slip up every once in a while.

Don't get me wrong, throwing pity-parties isn't exactly fun. Not even for me, myself. But when you fail to get people to pay attention to you otherwise, it seems like the only way. If you can't get positive attention by doing impressive and/or productive things that require hard work and/or talent, then the next best way is to get negative attention through pity-parties, because it's still attention nonetheless.

• Love
Reactions: natali4
natali4

natali4

Student
May 24, 2021
It's hard to find people who genuinely want to be your friend and care for you. It's rare. I hope you find the right circle of people who will love you for you.

• Love
Reactions: ConfusedHurting2632
ConfusedHurting2632

ConfusedHurting2632

Student
Dec 22, 2021
It's hard to find people who genuinely want to be your friend and care for you. It's rare. I hope you find the right circle of people who will love you for you.
Oh yes, indeed! Right back at ya! I haven't found the right circle yet, but hopefully one day. At age 20 I still got plenty of time. I may not be a young child, but I am a young adult.

• Hugs
Reactions: natali4
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
Lol. Sorry for laughing, I'm not laughing at you though. More at myself for being pathetic.
I could throw a party, have all the best food, booze, drugs, someone famous to dj it and still no one would show. No idea why people have such an aversion to me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Al_stargate and ConfusedHurting2632