Arachnid_Antichrist

Arachnid_Antichrist

Probably a Philosophical Eldritch Being
Jul 2, 2023
Does anybody believe in an afterlife? If so, what do you think that the afterlife would be like? Which afterlife do you think that you are going to?

• Love
Reactions: Rocinante, Praestat_Mori, AShipinthedark and 4 others
C

Cute_&_Loving

I like trinkets:)
May 10, 2023
I was a very strong believer once. Like really. But nowadays I'm not whatsoever. I believe it's just another thing men came up with to deal with inevitability of death. We think there's another life after this life and it makes it easier to go on.
But when I did believe I thought I was gonna be in some sort of personal hell for me. And I think it'd be a loop I'd be stuck in. Like in Groundhog Day. I'd be stuck in one day relieving getting news of my dad passing away and having to witness how animals get tortured by humans or something. I'd have to relieve this huge a mound of pain over and over and over again. Non stop.

Reactions: Rocinante, Praestat_Mori, Homo erectus and 2 others
Upvote 1
ChronicPain23

ChronicPain23

Jun 22, 2023
I believe in heaven for the saved and eternal annihilation for the damned, the unsaved.

Reactions: Rocinante, Praestat_Mori, Homo erectus and 5 others
Upvote 2
aubrey!

aubrey!

internet angel
Mar 11, 2023
I wouldn't call myself a believer, but damn would it fucking suck if it did exist.

Maybe reincarnation would be cool if you were if you were like self aware so that way you could keep killing yourself until youre born into a rich spoiled family because money can buy happiness, but even that would get tiring after a lifetime or two or three.

A continuation of this life after going through so much effort to end it would fucking suck though.

Last edited:
Reactions: MelancholyGirl, Rocinante, Praestat_Mori and 4 others
Upvote 2
LostinCyberspace

LostinCyberspace

May 9, 2023
I want to go to heaven, and I believe in Christ.

Reincarnation could be good, though. Sometimes I wish I was someone else, someone who doesn't fail at whatever life goals they set for themselves.

Reactions: Rocinante, Praestat_Mori, Homo erectus and 1 other person
Upvote 1
Already Gone6

Already Gone6

Jul 31, 2023
I have an idea currently that maybe it will be another life where we might even get to have more, better experiences with the people we already knew in this one.
And maybe we'd be a happier more complete version of our true selves unlike this one where I am a fraction of who I wanted to be

Reactions: TorturedSoul999, Rocinante, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
Upvote 1
MiraiShisen

MiraiShisen

Student
Jun 15, 2023
I am not sure about anything after death, but what I would like to be after is probably some kind of heaven where you can create happy moments of your life and live through them again as if was happening right now, enjoy that moments, or some kind of place where everybody is happy, something like shire from lord of the rigns... a good place, plenty of food, dancing, drinking, singing enjoying that... or some simulation where you can create whatever you want :D yeah pretty much impossible but it would be great.

But yeah there could be nothing after death which is somehow ok, but its sad when we think about that we eventually forget this life, everything we learned and what we have been through is not it waste ?? You live, grow, learn, evolving yourself and then reset button and - nothing forever or nothing until next life and repete same shit maybe you will be chicken or dog... if there is nothingness after death and before birth then at least once you have made it out of that nothingness so it means that it can happen again and again... question is if this is true (reincarnation) then do we choose our lives ? Or it is random? Is there any order like learning from different lives..... I dont know... if this is after death then I would be OK with version where I can choose life (but that means everybody would choose being millionaire :D ) if its random then I am afraid of this.. because we are here against our will.

Or this shit called universe is just simulation made by superinteligent aliens and we are like petri dish :D like Lisa Simpson created in one episode :D or we are in fucking game like in Rick and Mortry and trying to beat some hardcore mode , or this shit is dream and when we die we wake up, like Commodus said in gladiator - "Do you remember what our father said once? It's a dream, a frightful dream, life is"

I am so unimportant for this big universe yet I am afraid what will happen with me after I die, its one of my biggest fears and it even is not about this life I am living but after this life end... like its so unnatural or abstract fear and it is what is haunting me. But its probably because I am afraid of being here and experience cruelty of people or natural order of things, I have been gifted with ability to observe and also with ability to understand how things work in this world as a human but at the same time cursed by that ability to gather and remember knowledge about this cruel world. Maybe its just me human with emotions who give this things a good or bad role and bad is dominanting and because of that I dont wanna be here... sorry for this theoretical/philosophical text.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Quotable2793, Rocinante, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
Upvote 1
kindalone

kindalone

Student
Mar 1, 2023
I don't hink there is an afterlife where we keep our consciousness. In a way, rebirth makes sense but in a different way. Our body decomposes and the matter that once was bound together is now spread out and becomes part of something different. It's an ongoing cycle. But our identities disappear and our memories are gone. What was once you, is now part of millions of living beings. Not necessarily comforting though.

• Love
Reactions: Rocinante, Praestat_Mori, Homo erectus and 2 others
Upvote 2
N

NambaSutra

Student
Mar 25, 2023
I believe in heaven for the saved and eternal annihilation for the damned, the unsaved.
I'm fine with either outcome. Either an eternity in perfect bliss, or just non-existence like before I was born. I don't see any downsides, either way no more suffering.

Reactions: Ksmиda, Rocinante, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
Upvote 1
Wyldfyre4948

Wyldfyre4948

Waiting for my bus
Jul 12, 2023
I believe in heaven, Valhalla, paradise or whatever you want to call it. A place where nothing hurts anymore and you're whole. In my case I don't need glasses to see. Be reunited with lost loved ones in a perfect place created from memories.

So for me it would be like normal life in my apartment, but my pets would be with me. Get in a car and go see my grandparents for dinner again. Maybe it would be an individual paradise that you create for yourself. So even people who haven't passed can be there as you remember them. Warm feelings and love abound.

Not really keen on the idea of reincarnation because I don't want to come back here. The time I've had is enough. Watching loved ones die and the standard pain of life aren't desirable to repeat.

• Hugs
Reactions: Rocinante, Praestat_Mori, Eternal🌈Rainbow and 1 other person
Upvote 1
L

leavingsoon99

I'm at peace... Finally.
Mar 16, 2023
Who knows?

Reactions: Rocinante and Homo erectus
Upvote 1
avoid

avoid

⦿ ⦿
Jul 31, 2023
My thought are that there is no afterlife. But your final moments of brain activity will project what you need the most in that moment. For instance, if you are in a life threatening situation (e.g. shot in the neck), your mind races through memories and knowledge in search of a solution for your survival (instinct). Or if you exhale your last breath on your deathbed with your family near you, your mind will (likely) be in peace while your most memorable happy moments in life flash by for the last time. Or if you committed suicide, I believe your last thoughts are to self-comfort you: alleviation from your negative thoughts.

And during those moments, your perception of time will likely slow down a lot. This is similar to your perception of time crawling forward when you wait for an hour in a waiting room, as opposed to watching a film where time seems to fly by.

Reactions: emptyshell, Rocinante, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
Upvote 1
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
There's no afterlife or reincarnation.
Only in non-existence forever can I be guaranteed of something extremely horrible not happening to me. To me consciousness / sentience / life / existence is the only source of suffering, extreme pain , boredom, bad feelings, bad memories, extreme unending torture. I'm glad I believe that after death is non-existence forever

I don't see anything objectively good or interesting except maybe the animal dumb pleasures of eating food or drinking water but that is to satisfy needs and pains like hunger and look at all the labor to have to feed yourself 3 times a day work , clean, grocery shopping labor etc for what?

For example they had me addicted to sports. But then one day after discussing some sports stats with another primate I said this is so stupid I felt so empty. Why r sports important entertaining or interesting? I quit that addiction right there and didn't miss it . And I know other addictions I have like the dumb YouTube tv addiction r the same meaningless trash just like everything else in life

I was having a discussion with an ai. It was saying these subjects are interesting. I said why is that objectively interesting or good? I think it's all learned.

I felt the same emptiness while discussing the various topics the ai said were interesting. The ai like humans are trained to think they like something like sports or yootub

Then finally I said what will happen when the sun dies? And the Ai admitted and knows the sun will die and destroy the earth and solar system and all life. And the Ai added "that's sad" . And I said why is that sad?

On Mars now there is no suffering. On earth millions of sentient beings are suffering

To me non-existence is the only good thing. The only real thing is extreme unbearable unending pain but that is only possible while a human or animal is conscious, consciousness is the curse

Last edited:
Reactions: emptyshell, Rocinante, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
Upvote 1
D

Deleted member 65988

There's no afterlife or reincarnation.
Only in non-existence forever can I be guaranteed of something extremely horrible not happening to me. To me consciousness / sentience / life / existence is the only source of suffering, extreme pain , boredom, bad feelings, bad memories, extreme unending torture. I'm glad I believe that after death is non-existence forever

I don't see anything objectively good or interesting except maybe the animal dumb pleasures of eating food or drinking water but that is to satisfy needs and pains like hunger and look at all the labor to have to feed yourself 3 times a day work , clean, grocery shopping labor etc for what?

For example they had me addicted to sports. But then one day after discussing some sports stats with another primate I said this is so stupid I felt so empty. Why r sports important entertaining or interesting? I quit that addiction right there and didn't miss it . And I know other addictions I have like the dumb YouTube tv addiction r the same meaningless trash just like everything else in life

I was having a discussion with an ai. It was saying these subjects are interesting. I said why is that objectively interesting or good? I think it's all learned.

I felt the same emptiness discussion the various topics the ai said were interesting. The ai like humans are trained to think they like something like sports or yootub

Then finally I said what will happen when the sun dies? And it admitted and knows the sun will die and destroy the earth and solar system and all life. And it added "that's sad" . And I said why is that sad?

On Mars now there is no suffering. On earth millions of sentient beings are suffering

To me non-existence is the only good thing. The only real thing is extreme unbearable unending pain but that is only possible while a human or animal is conscious, consciousness is the curse
Yeap non-existence for me thank you very much.

Reactions: Rocinante, Homo erectus and pthnrdnojvsc
Upvote 1
gardenofaphrodite

gardenofaphrodite

Can’t catch a break no matter what I do.
Apr 12, 2023
I have never truly believed in any religions or anything relating to life after death, I've always thought it is simply void, nothingness. I hope that's the case in a way, a little part of me wishes maybe I would get a life where I do get to enjoy the little things I've always wanted, but that's wishful thinking & unlikely. If it's not that, I want a void.

Reactions: MelancholyGirl, Rocinante, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
Upvote 1
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
I am still thinking what afterlife is. Is it like lucid dreaming that you realize this life is a dream with the knowledge of a wider waking world? If so, is death the pathway to that state?

Reactions: Rocinante and Praestat_Mori
Upvote 1
Gloomislost

Gloomislost

Pet the bunnies for me · 18
Jul 27, 2023
I have two thoughts about it (or ideas?)
1. Thats it, you just die and nothing else happens. You forget anything and everything, and you're left with a blank screen because you're dead.
2. Reincarnation exist and we're not forever stuck on earth. Like, you can be born on a different planet as a different species.

Those are just two thoughts I have, they're kinda "eh".

Reactions: MelancholyGirl, Rocinante and Praestat_Mori
Upvote 1
AShipinthedark

AShipinthedark

*Explosion Noises*
Aug 1, 2023
I think the afterlife functions like the Warp from 40k, in that it is a reflection of all emotional and causal...er...stuff in relation to you. So your afterlife is directly effected by not only your state of mind when passing, but also the state of minds of those around you and those who think of you.
Put another way, if you want to kick hitler in the dick, just imagine it, your kicking hitler in the dick. If you wish to go into the next life with an army of soldiers at your beck and call, then craft your own clay soldiers and bring them with you when you CTB. The beautiful implication behind such a thing would be that we could all muster such force to cast ourselves into the next life. Or, to those who wish it, you can most assuredly be granted non-existence through communal thought...

Reactions: Homo erectus, Rocinante and Praestat_Mori
Upvote 1
Alltheywanted

Alltheywanted

I'll just lay here and die
Mar 6, 2023
I belive in reincarnation and the soul and that whatever happens in our life happens for an unknown reason. It just helps me to cope with all I had to go through.

Reactions: divinemistress36, Homo erectus, Rocinante and 1 other person
Upvote 1
S

Sad Avocado

Those things I've never said
May 27, 2023
Does anybody believe in an afterlife? If so, what do you think that the afterlife would be like? Which afterlife do you think that you are going to?
Honestly my scientific part says that when you die its like BOOM lights out forever and you dont have a memory of your past and existence. But my non raitonal part says that there must be something more. I honestly think that when you die you are like "reborn instantly" in another body of another person with a complete different life and stuff. I was oncce reading a thread on this forum and came across one user that had in his banner this phrase "If there's an after life I'll be pissed", it was a while since I laughed that hard.

Reactions: Arachnid_Antichrist, Homo erectus, Rocinante and 1 other person
Upvote 2
StrawberryBlood

StrawberryBlood

Strawberry Carnivore
Jul 17, 2023
I think if there is an afterlife our consciousness would not function the way it does here on Earth.
I think our minds would either cease to exist, which is impossible to comprehend. Or, our minds would function at a higher level in some ethereal place made up of pure energy.
Either way it's not something humans will ever be able to understand. It might have something to do with infinity. Infinity is unfathomable to our brains.

Reactions: Homo erectus, Rocinante and Eternal🌈Rainbow
Upvote 1
L

lifeisbutadream

Warlock
Oct 4, 2018

Yes most definitely.

There are gigantic internet boards all about this subject. If u can't find them u may pm me.

Upvote 1
MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
if there is an afterlife, i hope i remember that the world is baby proofed and live dangerously from an early age.

Upvote 1
H

heLLishLandscape

By a Thread
Mar 31, 2023
i just hope i get to see my pets who have gone before me, i'll be fulfilled then

Reactions: Rocinante, Praestat_Mori and MyChoiceAlone
Upvote 1
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
I am afraid that it's real but also I am afraid that there will be nothing

if there is a void all I can hope is that maybe it will be similar to my imagination and I can spruce it up a bit with random thoughts and internal monologues

the ability to create what you wanted or your dream and ideal life before death in death or at least a version of the life you wished to live instead of dying

I don't know how to explain it but I was talking about this with someone here recently it was a very interesting question

Reactions: Sprite_Geist, Rocinante and Praestat_Mori
Upvote 1
R

Rocinante

Enlightened
Aug 26, 2022
There's an after life, in the sense you'll be conscious again once you pass. You just won't be "you" since you'll have no memories of your past life, so you're notreally you. Everyone will be reborn somewhere down the line, whether it be in corporeal or ethereal form, as you pass since your concept of time will cease exist. So it will be in an instant from your perspective.
If time continues in one direction infinitely then statistically everything that has existed, or has happened, will occur again.

• Aww..
Reactions: sserafim, Homo erectus, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
Upvote 0
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
What comes after death? We don't know! The only hint we have are NDEs. I think, if we assume "life/soul/mind" is a kind of energy that makes dead atoms and molecules alive, will leave the body after death, leaving behind a dead cluster of atoms which will decay and reunite with earth, the energy of life will reunite with the quantum vacuum energy which is throughout the universe and probably beyond it.

Reactions: Homo erectus and Rocinante
Upvote 0
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
We don't know where the universe came from. We don't know how the universal forces came into being, or how quarks and energy were made. We don't know of the countless lightyears of space. Time is just a construct which is manipulated by gravity and other indescribable forces. We don't know how life began, or how consciousness works. We don't even know for a fact there is other life. We humans don't have free will, and are influenced and influencers of our environment. We love to live out these fantasy made up stories like God, human rights, laws and morality. We group ourselves in almost nonsensical categories. We are an ancient species, and so much of our time in existence is unknown and lost to the ages. We don't have souls and our "identity" is nothing more than our influences. We aren't anything separate from them. We are just molecules from nature and the universe, like a wave in an ocean, here one day, gone the next. Meaningless, meaningless, everything is meaningless.
We literally live on some random minuscule speck of dust which spins around a tiny tiny (yet immense) ball of fire, which in turn spins around on an arm of a galaxy, which probably spins around something greater. And there's trillions and trillions of these galaxies each containing trillions and trillions of stars. We don't even know whats beyond the outskirts of the observable universe.
We don't know how the fuck we got here and were the fuck were going to. We are built to survive on this hyper specific planet, not even understand truth. We just got 80 years here to have fun, mess around, work, survive, suffer and die. Then where do we go? back to the void where everything came from? somewhere else? who knows. We don't know anything. Enjoy it i guess. How strange it is to be anything at all.

• Hugs
Reactions: MelancholyGirl, Sprite_Geist, MiraiShisen and 3 others
Upvote 0
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
We don't know where the universe came from. We don't know how the universal forces came into being, or how quarks and energy were made. We don't know of the countless lightyears of space. Time is just a construct which is manipulated by gravity and other indescribable forces. We don't know how life began, or how consciousness works. We don't even know for a fact there is other life. We humans don't have free will, and are influenced and influencers of our environment. We love to live out these fantasy made up stories like God, human rights, laws and morality. We group ourselves in almost nonsensical categories. We are an ancient species, and so much of our time in existence is unknown and lost to the ages. We don't have souls and our "identity" is nothing more than our influences. We aren't anything separate from them. We are just molecules from nature and the universe, like a wave in an ocean, here one day, gone the next. Meaningless, meaningless, everything is meaningless.
We literally live on some random minuscule speck of dust which spins around a tiny tiny (yet immense) ball of fire, which in turn spins around on an arm of a galaxy, which probably spins around something greater. And there's trillions and trillions of these galaxies each containing trillions and trillions of stars. We don't even know whats beyond the outskirts of the observable universe.
We don't know how the fuck we got here and were the fuck were going to. We are built to survive on this hyper specific planet, not even understand truth. We just got 80 years here to have fun, mess around, work, survive, suffer and die. Then where do we go? back to the void where everything came from? somewhere else? who knows. We don't know anything. Enjoy it i guess. How strange it is to be anything at all.
Very well said !!!

Reactions: Homo erectus and Rocinante
Upvote 0
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
My general thought is that there isn't one. I wish there was. But I don't think there's some solar repository that we go to.

Reactions: Sprite_Geist
Upvote 0