C

cyberlordsumit

Absolution
Aug 12, 2020
Oh come on, so if I like Buddy Holly then maybe I was him?

I think we're so desperate to hang on to the idea that life exists forever, we can't face the idea it ends, permanently.

That's just my opinion, but really, I like curries, it doesn't mean I was once Shah Jahan.
dude you so on point
btw, I don't want to get reincarnated. i want to get free

Reactions: TheQ22 and TimeToBiteTheDust
C

cazwiz

Feb 25, 2020
The thing that I don't understand is how population could expand exponentially if souls are reincarnated, it doesn't add up. No, I hope that death is a final cessation of things, for this form of my consciousness.
That assumes you're coming back as a human. You could be coming back as a bug.

T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
Or as a leaf. Or a tree. Or a mayfly that only lives for 24 hours. Round and round and round she goes, where she stops nobody knows.

Or she just stops, time to get off the ride, except you're dead and no longer can discern any kind of perception, so you don't know that, only the people carrying your body do.

The end.

And that, my friend, is the reality of life. And death as well.

The End. No more. Nothing. You know nada.

Reactions: cyberlordsumit and cazwiz
T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
Bad people come back as cockroaches.

• Aww..
Reactions: cyberlordsumit and Homecoming
H

Homecoming

Wizard
Aug 14, 2020
Yesterday someone told me that if I ctb I will reincarnate and suffer more than in this life. I don't believe in reincarnation anyway.
Won't happen.
This nature is too harsh.
I suffered too much already and my life is no more than a suffering waste.
Tired if this shit.
I had this fear as well. In my personal belief system, and in many other spiritual people's beliefs as well, we choose to incarnate. I don't believe in the "reincarnation trap", that we're forced to re-incarnate again and again against our will. I believe that our soul chooses to return to earth in order to learn lessons, heal karma, or fulfill some kind of specific purpose. The soul isn't afraid to suffer because its main goal is to gain growth and mastery through overcoming adversity and hard times. That's why we may choose to incarnate into painful, difficult, or tragic circumstances because we can glean a lot of insight, growth, and development through the overcoming of obstacles and pain.

I do believe we have the free will as humans to put an end to our lives regardless, though. We may choose to re-incarnate again in order to learn or experience something we didn't experience in the last lifetime, but I don't believe it's a forced occurrence. I believe the soul "maps out" the general trajectory of a person's life on earth, and then we exercise our human free-will to make various choices throughout our lives that serve to help us learn life lessons and experience different outcomes and directions based upon those choices.

• Love
Reactions: EssenceFocus
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
I had this fear as well. In my personal belief system, and in many other spiritual people's beliefs as well, we choose to incarnate. I don't believe in the "reincarnation trap", that we're forced to re-incarnate again and again against our will. I believe that our soul chooses to return to earth in order to learn lessons, heal karma, or fulfill some kind of specific purpose. The soul isn't afraid to suffer because its main goal is to gain growth and mastery through overcoming adversity and hard times. That's why we may choose to incarnate into painful, difficult, or tragic circumstances because we can glean a lot of insight, growth, and development through the overcoming of obstacles and pain.

I do believe we have the free will as humans to put an end to our lives regardless, though. We may choose to re-incarnate again in order to learn or experience something we didn't experience in the last lifetime, but I don't believe it's a forced occurrence. I believe the soul "maps out" the general trajectory of a person's life on earth, and then we exercise our human free-will to make various choices throughout our lives that serve to help us learn life lessons and experience different outcomes and directions based upon those choices.
What is a 'soul' on your understanding? Is it an individual thing in the same way that a person is an individual?
Is it made of some form of energy, maybe not on the electromagnetic spectrum?

Reactions: Homecoming
H

Homecoming

Wizard
Aug 14, 2020
What is a 'soul' on your understanding? Is it an individual thing in the same way that a person is an individual?
Is it made of some form of energy, maybe not on the electromagnetic spectrum?
The soul is our whole self, the eternal and spiritual aspect of who we are. Soul exist eternally in the spirit world, which is always free from fear, suffering, and death, we choose a physical life as humans to know the experience of living in a domain where mortality is imminent.

When a being knows it can die, it changes everything. It creates fear and alters choices. When death is a potential occurrence, we think, say, and do things differently. We act out of survival. Even the possibility of injury, illness, or pain leads one to choose differently than if that person were immortal and invincible.

And this is why living a human life is such an intriguing challenge for our souls. It's not an easy challenge. It's not even necessarily fun. It simply creates a new paradigm from which to have new experiences, experiences our souls are unable to duplicate in the spiritual realm.

Reactions: EssenceFocus and esse_est_percipi
C

cyberlordsumit

Absolution
Aug 12, 2020
i want to visit the soul factory and see how we can shut it down

• Wow
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
I don't know what happens after death, but my suspicion is that we return to life as another conscious organism.

Reactions: esse_est_percipi and cyberlordsumit
D

dundyfundy

Aug 4, 2019
Seeing how world works, based on rules and logic, despite there being a lot of unexplainable things in life - we are getting through it, I believe that there is nothing. Simple cease to exist.

However the notion of being ghost/spirit like entity and seeing how your family copes even if you can't help them sounds interesting to me. Or the same with reincarnation, though I would love to retain memories if so. Maybe if you reincernate you have the memories but "unable" to tell about them. Not something I believe in but it's a nice daydreaming thought coming to my mind from time to time lol.

Reactions: Homecoming and cyberlordsumit
P

Pastmysellbydate

Oct 19, 2019
I wouldn't want to be. I don't personally believe it's possible. A psychiatrist told me if I kill myself before I'm supposed to actually die, I would come back. I don't know how she says this is true. She just said she knows it for sure.
Did they say you'd be reborn or just come back as the same form as you are now?

N

nooo2

Jan 22, 2019
I believe that's the most likely case when we die, I just don't think it's in a way most people see it as in if you do your bidding right on this planet you can ''evolve'' into the next state in your next life or whatever, I believe it's in a different form that we'll never know obviously.

I just refuse to believe death is that simple, there's no proof of what happens after death. Out of everything that exists in this crazy fucking world, our universe and how complex and complicated things are, and for death to be so simple is insane to me, if something was that simple wouldn't we know the answer to ''consciousness'' and what exactly happens after death by now?

EssenceFocus

EssenceFocus

Student
Sep 28, 2020
[...]
I just refuse to believe death is that simple, there's no proof of what happens after death. Out of everything that exists in this crazy fucking world, our universe and how complex and complicated things are, and for death to be so simple is insane to me, if something was that simple wouldn't we know the answer to ''consciousness'' and what exactly happens after death by now?
Yes, it is simple. If scientists would take the concept of life after death into consideration, then they would know the answer, what it is all about, too.

gayscal3xo

gayscal3xo

Sep 25, 2020
I believe in reincarnation simply because all matter comes from somewhere so why not recycled matter, some thinks on the planet are in fact made from dead objects or thinks from another life time so why not people.

But i also believe that reincarnation can be kinda bad because I see it as a karmatic thing, like if ur a really bad person, you will be brought back as something you despise. And in my case I'm hoping I've been a good enough of a person to come back as something good.

G

Gentleman

For ethics, there is only suffering and its cure.
Sep 10, 2020
I don't believe in reincarnation or anything spiritual because there is no scientific proof of such things.

Reactions: Deleted member 19654