• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
I'm a very private person too, but I think that'd be my way to leave my only memorable mark in the world. I was exposed to gore at a really early age so it may have biased me aswell.
I've never watched gore or had any interest in it. What's appealing about it? I don't understand

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
No, it's repulsive to me. In my case I just wish to die alone in peace far away from this disgusting human species and be forgotten about, if it's up to me I'd choose to erase my existence so it's like I never existed at all.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I don't think that I'd ever want to livestream my suicide with the exception being that I can have access to nembutal if I were to livestream my suicide

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
I'm a very private person too, but I think that'd be my way to leave my only memorable mark in the world. I was exposed to gore at a really early age so it may have biased me aswell.
You're pretty much describing martyrdom. Having an impact on others or reason for it is not why most people are here to do it (or think about doing it). Leaving a mark on the world for what reason? What emotion? Why does the world and people need to know?

The point of filming something like that live is something else going on in the brain. Maybe attention? But it doesn't make sense as you'll have 0 attention after the action.

INTJme

INTJme

Epeolatrist
Mar 22, 2024
Anyone wanting to do an open, public livestream suicide just wants attention imho. Which is why people who self-immolate almost always have a political agenda. They want the views!

surroundedbydemons

surroundedbydemons

Experienced
Mar 6, 2024
Apologies if I offend anyone with this message; this is just my observations and thoughts.
~~~

I also had mixed feelings about it and do not have a definitive opinion, but here is what I thought...

There seem to be multiple reasons for live streaming it: attention seeking, contributing to society, responding to someone/making a statement, and asking for help/empathy (as the last-ditch effort).

Attention seeking. This is self-explanatory. Individuals may livestream their suicides to garner attention, regardless of whether it's positive or negative. This behavior mirrors the attention-seeking tendencies often observed on social media platforms.

Contributing to society. This might seem strange to most people. Some suicidal individuals may document their experiences to provide insights into specific methods, potentially reducing fear and stigma associated with suicide

Responding to someone/making a statement. I think this is similar (but not quite) to how people leave suicide notes, the medium changes but the reasoning stays the same. A suicidal person might be thinking about easing/exacerbating the pain of others, etc. When considering why people choose to record a video or to live stream rather than to write a note, I believe it is the same as why some people prefer movies instead of books: videos can be more graphic and trigger more emotions.

Asking for help. In some cases, livestreaming may be a desperate plea for assistance, with the individual hoping for intervention or understanding from viewers. If such attempts fail, the individual may proceed with the act of suicide.

~~~

Now as to why a person might not do it: lack of apparent reason, fear/shyness/anticipatory shame (or shame anxiety).

Lack of apparent reason. The person can be indifferent between doing it or not doing it, so "why bother"? However, the opposite outcome is also possible in this case, so idk...

Fear, shyness, and anticipatory shame may arise when considering the act of posting content related to one's own suicide (or just the display of gore) online. For many individuals, these emotions could serve as deterrents, especially if they have a low threshold for acting upon them.

~~~

I don't understand why anyone would do that. I'm a very private person, so I would never do that

I am not asking you to do it; I am just trying to find an explanation for the phenomenon. I apologize if this comes off as rude.

Would you do it if you were not a private person, or are you just not interested in it? Would you post on social media if you were not a private person?

Of course, If you're comfortable sharing your thoughts.

Last edited:
ctbcat

ctbcat

Yes, the everlasting contrast.
Jul 14, 2023
i've been tempted, here and there. but it's not really worth it. i don't want to open the door for people to get twisted pleasure from my death, and that would be the case for 97% of viewers both from the stream itself and probable reuploads.

Reactions: RosesFlourish
surroundedbydemons

surroundedbydemons

Experienced
Mar 6, 2024
Thank you for sharing your perspective,

I'm curious, what drives your desire to leave a mark on the world? Additionally, how do you perceive this mark being remembered?
~~~
Do you think your exposure to gore influences this desire, or is it unrelated?

I hope I'm not overstepping; I'm genuinely interested in your thoughts.

~~~

The point of filming something like that live is something else going on in the brain. Maybe attention? But it doesn't make sense as you'll have 0 attention after the action.
I apologize if I misunderstood this part of your message.
But it seems that what is going on inside the brain is this: the person wants attention; the person is determined to kill himself no matter what; the person understands that he can get attention by killing himself (from external observations, obviously...); during the exact moment the person dies, he "wins" because he will get what he wanted. So it is not so for the immediate attention, but more like for the anticipation of it. Why would that not make sense?

Last edited:
YanWasHere

YanWasHere

Jun 25, 2023
Thank you for sharing your perspective,

I'm curious, what drives your desire to leave a mark on the world? Additionally, how do you perceive this mark being remembered?...
Hello, it's absolutely fine to ask. I really liked your insight on this topic. I grew up with really low self-steem and I can't accept me as a person; therefore I have this fixation
that I need to stay (feel) relevant and I can only get that stimulus via something material I produce myself. I can't be completely critical with myself but I think that's where the "leave a mark" need comes from.

For the gore question, it definitely influenced me. I've seen many videos and there's this distressing/sickening/hopeless atmosphere which is exactly the feeling I want to trigger on the people that would watch my video. I don't think there's a better non-verbal way to communicate how I've been feeling the last years than with something this raw/cruel/cold.

Is it selfish?
Probably but I'm lonely af anyway

So yeah it's a mix of low self-steem, attention seeking, contributing to society and neglect.

druggedonsurvival

druggedonsurvival

Student
Feb 8, 2024
I don't really see the point of doing that. Even if you wanted to "leave a mark" on the world, that mark would be like a footprint by the shore of a sandy beach. It'll just get washed away with time. People assume that the internet will last forever but it really won't. One particularly nasty solar flare and all of our technology is kaput, although the internet is more likely to die when all of our (fossil fuel-based) energy resources run out. The point is, your death would be very quickly forgotten about even if you did livestream it. If there's anyone who cares about you, it would probably make the experience of losing you even more traumatic. Those are the only people who it would really affect.

Reactions: divinemistress36
Archness

Archness

Defective Personel
Jan 20, 2023
Honestly, the idea of livestreaming sometimes floats around in my brain. Especially since I'd be using a large-caliber gun I wouldn't have to face the consequences, or would be a complete veggie. Though I guess it'd be an impulsive decision based on how I felt that day.

If I was to livestream it, I guess I'd make it quite a show and farce. I'd name it "Ronnie Mc'nutt 2 : Another one bites the dust". I honestly have no idea why anyone would stream such a thing unless they wanted it to be all over gore-sites and get immortalized online, it's kinda a given online, yet alone 2024. I'm also a bit weirded out that people worry so much about people mocking them after they die, though that's just me. I'm the kind that sees no problem having their head splattered across whole walls.

I find that streaming your suicide outside of a curated group to automatically makes most dignity of it null. If you don't mind that, go ahead I guess.

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

The drip finally stops
Oct 21, 2023
It's a pretty horrible thing to do. I don't understand why someone would want to do that. It's very cruel. You are potentially traumatizing a lot of people. People need to be more empathetic to those around them, and this applies to death as well. If you want to kill yourself then you keep that private. You don't push that on to others.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I find the idea of making a spectacle of one's demise in bad taste. For those who CTB, life was already shitty and in bad taste. Why add to it?

TrifoliumsFriend

TrifoliumsFriend

Mar 22, 2024
To be honest, I'm not opposed to something similar. The only reason why I won't do an livestream is because I don't think anyone will turn up to watch a livestream of me die. Also, someone might try to rescue me live. Anyways, I'm thinking of leaving a recording of some sort for anyone who likes consuming that kind of stuff out of morbid curiosity (if they find it) and if not, just for me to feel like I'm talking to a trusted person who'd let me die. Idk, maybe a fucked up parting gift but I've been thinking about recording my internal monologues for myself lately. Anyways, for the first reason, there's something about listening to phone calls and recordings of people die, especially if it has a more "somber" feel ( I don't seek gore, it puts lots of emphasis on shock and violence and doesn't leave me thinking about that person very much). When I consume that content, I feel a weird sense of peace. I don't empathize with people often, so watching this kind of content is one of the times I think about a person afterwards.

Last edited:
Tenshi_vhc

Tenshi_vhc

I wonder what it’s like to be pretty….
Mar 20, 2024
I've also thought of doing this. Idk if it's the attention aspect, maybe it's like I'll finally will be able to be seen for once in my life. I've never really had anyone so I guess knowing that at least one person will cry at my loss is good enough for me, selfish ik lol.

ilikemoais

ilikemoais

I'm getting on the bus to the other world, see ya!
Jun 22, 2023
i'd never do that, its just too risky because people can send help if u are doing methods like hanging also its just gonna end up on gore sites full of edgy kids or sick people.
If i could do it for educational purposes so people can see how to actually ctb without suffering i probably would, even though i doubt it

steppingoff

steppingoff

Student
Jan 18, 2024
Always wondered how good of a way to immortalize one's last moments on Earth than sharing it via stream. What's your opinion?
Despite what people say, it's very much a personal decision in the same realm as choosing your method.

You have to be responsible, so don't do it on Facebook Live where people can stumble on it.

But if it resonates for you, then you should have the right to do it

It's my choice, its' your choice!

Reactions: YanWasHere
steppingoff

steppingoff

Student
Jan 18, 2024
To be honest, I'm not opposed to something similar. The only reason why I won't do an livestream is because I don't think anyone will turn up to watch a livestream of me die. Also, someone might try to rescue me live. Anyways, I'm thinking of leaving a recording of some sort for anyone who likes consuming that kind of stuff out of morbid curiosity (if they find it) and if not, just for me to feel like I'm talking to a trusted person who'd let me die. Idk, maybe a fucked up parting gift but I've been thinking about recording my internal monologues for myself lately. Anyways, for the first reason, there's something about listening to phone calls and recordings of people die, especially if it has a more "somber" feel ( I don't seek gore, it puts lots of emphasis on shock and violence and doesn't leave me thinking about that person very much). When I consume that content, I feel a weird sense of peace. I don't empathize with people often, so watching this kind of content is one of the times I think about a person afterwards.
I think hearing a human voice as you pass away would be very comforting for me

Reactions: halleyscomet
A

AlouA

looking for CTB partner in SEA
Sep 19, 2023
Bad idea. Suicide is always tragic enough without your family seeing evils memes and tiktoks of your death.
true, i agree with this.. there is high probability that people will be mocking your death... So for me, I don't agree with making your death or last moments know to the world via live streaming

Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
I've seen two, although it was a private stream . The last one I've been laying awake over for months

I wouldn't recommend, your loved ones will probably come across it sooner or later.

Reactions: Nefer
onbekend

onbekend

Experienced
Jan 14, 2024
I would never wanna livestream my own death. The farthest I'd be willing to go is to stream before I CTB and just play games for a few hours, Maybe get a last little reminder of what I used to enjoy because damn I'm gonna miss it if there is another side.

Nefer

Nefer

2024 Last Year
Mar 22, 2023
I plan on streaming it just as a farewell or just images right before I go since I seen a lot of those vids from interest to see how it'll be and I would want to contribute to it

halleyscomet

halleyscomet

halley
Mar 26, 2024
i don't think its right personally. i think it's cruel to traumatize others, even if it's before you go. especially if that's going to be their last memory of you. i understand the world has hurt you, but for me personally i wouldn't want to contribute to the fucked up bit of the world, i'd like to preserve even a tiny bit off light before i go.

Reactions: Nefer and sserafim