• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

sadloner

sadloner

Jun 13, 2022
sounds like the best way i can think to go. find the nearest lake, pool, whatever body of water and just drink until you pass out, then you fall in the water and fade from this stupid torturous existence peacefully. it sounds really simple and easy in theory, maybe you might have to put on a heavy backpack to make sure you dont float or something. honestly ive had this idea in the back of my head for a while, and it sounds stupid but i just dont know any bodies of water near me. if i find one im definitely gonna go for this method. i dont know how i would find one though. its a nice dream i guess. fuck my life

hellispink

hellispink

poisonous
May 26, 2022
It sounds ideal. But I doubt it would work. I think most deaths that happen like that are just accidents. Being drunk can make things go wrong fast, like surviving or doing any other stupid thing while drunk. I don't know. At least for me, there is many things that can go the other way.

Reactions: sadloner
S

SamTam33

Warlock
Oct 9, 2022
I found a body of water near me (with a bridge and railing short enough to jump over) by scouring Google earth. I'd zoom in on lakes and such, then do the street view to get an idea of what it looked like at eye level.

It was extremely helpful. I realized that one lake I had my eye on for a while had barricades at every entry, so I moved on.

Now I just have to take the drive during the day to see the bridge in person. I want to ctb at night so I figure it'll be helpful to get the lay of the land in daylight.

Edit: I also used Google to determine the depth of the water. Not trying to jump and hit the bottom with my feet. I need it to be fairly deep.

sadloner

sadloner

Jun 13, 2022
I found a body of water near me (with a bridge and railing short enough to jump over) by scouring Google earth. I'd zoom in on lakes and such, then do the street view to get an idea of what it looked like at eye level.

It was extremely helpful. I realized that one lake I had my eye on for a while had barricades at every entry, so I moved on.

Now I just have to take the drive during the day to see the bridge in person. I want to ctb at night so I figure it'll be helpful to get the lay of the land in daylight.
yeah thats what im saying is for some reason every lake is completely blocked off, i just wanna find something thats unrestricted but where noone would be at night, sounds like itd be easy to find but its not
yeah i live in the middle of nowhere in california though so its basically just the desert, ive looked a lot and theres no public lakes anywhere near me, seems like unfortunately this method like many others will have to stay just a dream for me, guess im gonna have to keep trying to get some sn shit together

Last edited:
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
It might work but as you would start to drown you would likely make a lot of noise, and sounds really carries on water, so it seems likely that you would be rescued somehow. Only one in 23 attempts work, and usually carefully planned attempts with high percentage methods work better.

jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
SI will kick in and you'll struggle. It won't be a nice way to go

FrozenMango

FrozenMango

Hello from the other side
Aug 16, 2022
It doesn't seem like a bad method. The ctb act will look like an accident

sadloner

sadloner

Jun 13, 2022
SI will kick in and you'll struggle. It won't be a nice way to go
not if youre drunk to the point of passing out, that would be the point of being drunk is to kill the si, and if you drown while extremely drunk and passed out you probably wont feel it, or you at least wont feel it enough to care

Reactions: blacktulip44
Bastet

Bastet

Nothingness lies coiled in the heart of being
Jun 7, 2023
I once was really shitfaced to the point I was constantly falling with my bike, when I jumped from a bridge into a river (ca. 9 m).
I wasn't jumping to ctb, I would jump often for fun at that time.
But when I hit the water, it felt like I got somehow half sober. Then I swam to the riverboard and shook from hypothermia.

Just for your information.
I would consider also taking some benzos as they also lower your anxiety.

• Informative
Reactions: sadloner, ipomoeaalba, blacktulip44 and 1 other person
emptyheart

emptyheart

-
Jun 7, 2023
I remember a member here a while back did something similar. I can't see how you could make so much noise as to attract any attention if you're in a large lake at night. If you had weights and sunk quickly, I'm pretty sure no one is going to hear anything that is occurring under water. The idea that was tossed around would be to have an inflatable raft, get super drunk, row out to the middle of the lake, ocean.. whatever, and then deflate or puncture the raft or tube. As long as the weights were heavy enough and you were drunk enough, it's possible it would be a peaceful method. The advantage to deflating the tube is that maybe you could sink that as well and no one would ever know. The member was concerned that family would find out how he died.

There was a lot of debate centered more on how peaceful drowning would be than how to carry out the plan. I remember finding something from reddit or quora from a guy who had drowned twice in his lifetime. He said both times were actually quite peaceful, there is an initial shock as the cold water enters your lungs, but he claimed to lose consciousness quickly and he felt a great calm in the moments leading up to it. I guess he said both times weren't intentional but he spent a lot of time in the ocean when younger and they were accidents where he was saved.

Last edited:
Reactions: garrypallister99, Nirriti and waiting93
D

doughmixer1982

Student
Jun 8, 2023
I remember a member here a while back did something similar. I can't see how you could make so much noise as to attract any attention if you're in a large lake at night. If you had weights and sunk quickly, I'm pretty sure no one is going to here anything that is occurring under water. The idea that was tossed around would be to have an inflatable raft, get super drunk, row out to the middle ofadvc the lake, ocean.. whatever, and then deflate or puncture the raft or tube. As long as the weights were heavy enough and you were drunk enough, it's possible it would be a peaceful method. The advantage to deflating the tube is that maybe you could sink that as well and no one would ever know. The member was concerned that family would find out how he died.

There was a lot of debate centered more on how peaceful drowning would be than how to carry out the plan. I remember finding something from reddit or quora from a guy who had drowned twice in his lifetime. He said both times were actually quite peaceful, there is an initial shock as the cold water enters your lungs, but he claimed to lose consciousness quickly and he felt a great calm in the moments leading up to it. I guess he said both times weren't intentional but he spent a lot of time in the ocean when younger and they were accidents where he was saved.
Very interesting!

Reactions: emptyheart
emptyheart

emptyheart

-
Jun 7, 2023
I found parts of the thread I'm talking about… I was member releasespieces in the thread

I don't think it sounds that bad really. I bet you would pass out pretty quickly once water enters your lungs, maybe it takes a minute or two of panic and struggle and then it's lights out. On the plus side there is no turning back no matter how much your SI demands it. On the negative side there's no turning back no matter how much you'd want to.

Here's something I found on Quora.. a response to a question asking about the pain involved with drowning.

No. Believe it or not, I drowned twice in my life. Once at age 6, and again at age 21 (yes alcohol was involved). I am a good swimmer, but when your muscles give out, or you are too deep to hold your breath all the way up, you can easily drown. In both cases I didn't expect it so there was no fear, only the desperate struggling to survive the event. Anyway, when you inhale the water it is shocking but not painful at all. Immediately you will feel very relaxed and peaceful for a moment or two, also with no fear, until everything goes black and you pass out. Obviously, I was rescued and resuscitated both times, and I did not have a NDE. All in all, it has to be one of the better ways to die and I actually wish to die that way. Three times is the charm! I hope this helps if you perhaps lost a loved one to drowning.

Last edited:
Reactions: garrypallister99 and Nirriti
R

Robineas

May 31, 2023
I'm also thinking about this method. I've been thinking about getting handcuffs and footcuffs to make sure I can't swim up, and then just going in the water. Do I need weights also you think?

Reactions: FindingHome
emptyheart

emptyheart

-
Jun 7, 2023
Here's the other thread I was thinking of…

I'm also thinking about this method. I've been thinking about getting handcuffs and footcuffs to make sure I can't swim up, and then just going in the water. Do I need weights also you think?
Weights would certainly help, just remember there wouldn't be any turning back even if you wanted to. That can be a good thing, but it's a very serious commitment.

Last edited:
Nirriti

Nirriti

Aug 3, 2023
I've been thinking of the same method. I'm researching some beautiful body of water, like crystal clear rivers, gorges or waterfalls where it's possible to wild swim. There are many in my country apparently, so I'm focusing on the ones where there are cliffs to jump from, I'm thinking of going there off season and choose the one where there are least people. Then I could go there during the day with some rope and weights ( I think 60lbs would probably be enough), wait until everyone leaves at dusk, have a few drinks, tie the weight to one leg with a rope, hold it in my arms and jump.

I think the beautiful natural location and the crystal clear water would make it a nice way to go, the weight should be enough to get me to the bottom and prevent me from swimming up even if I wanted to. Reading descriptions of drowning make it looks quite peaceful once you inhale water, so I could try to exhale before jumping so I would have to inhale very quickly in the water and go fast.

Does it sound like a good plan, or am I missing something?

Last edited:
CW36

CW36

➕〰️➰
Jul 23, 2023
Won't work without weights and a proper plan.

F

FindingHome

-
Aug 4, 2023
Good idea! This is one of the methods that I want to CTB. The only problem stopping me is finding something to make me pass out. I tried taking Benadryl with wine coolers but that didn't help. I don't drink so I'm thinking of trying different alcohols and see if it makes me pass out. I can't swim so I will drown. I would like to go as peacefully as possible so finding something to pass out and going into the water seems like a good way to go. Many stories of successful suicide by drowning that I have heard about the person would be drunk and go into the water. So, alcohol seems to help, problem is which one should help?

neonzebra

neonzebra

Sep 11, 2022
A year ago when I first seriously began to consider CTB, this was my main line of thinking. I was planning to drink a lot and take a cocktail of drugs and start swimming as far as I could into the sea, with the hopes I would eventually just slip away or become unconscious and drown. I live near the sea so it seemed the best idea. At night there are plenty of beaches here that would be empty and very dark so no chance of being spotted.

Later as I researched more and read other people's similarly devised plans and attempts, I realised that SI in such a situation would be very powerful. It seems to be very difficult not to turn back when the panic sets in. Also the sea water here is very cold so I don't trust that I'd be able to force myself to stay in.