• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
I can't find it but someone posted a thread a while back that asked if anyone had any opinions on darkness.
yes darkness is real – it is the lack of light. If light did not exist, we would not have a term for darkness or concept of darkness, but there would still be a lack of light.
Darkness does not have its own speed, but since it is a lack of light, its speed could be considered to be the speed of light.
Nothing in a shadow moves faster than light, but the position on which a shadow falls can move faster than light (as can the position on which a beam from a flashlight falls).

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Isn't there something called dark matter? It's part of the universe as well
The least exciting possibility for dark matter is that it is "yet another particle" – We've seen other fundamental particles discovered in the last 60 years. I would rather see it be a new force, or a new understanding of gravitational force. Regarding darkenergy, a bigger rip would be the least attractive philosophically, and a static field would be the least interesting, and again I'd rather see a new understanding of how matter is distributed in the universe. But the universe probably doesn't care that much about what I would prefer...
We are not entirely sure what dark matter is, but we know that it's there because we can measure its effects. It's thought that it is causing the expansion of the universe to accelerate.
I like darkness. I tend to feel more better in the dark than I do in the light. Maybe it's because of my autism.. I don't know. Either way, I like the dark
When I was very young, a friend of mine also said that he preferred the darkness. Naturally most humans fear the dark, because it is the unknown. Predators in a dark forest at night…

RemainingDubious

RemainingDubious

Most men only receive flowers at their funeral.
Feb 18, 2024
Naturally most humans fear the dark, because it is the unknown. Predators in a dark forest at night…
If there was a predator that wanted to attack me, i'd personally prefer they do it in the dark so that i was less likely to be aware of what was coming.

Let's say you're scared of clowns and the sight of them horrifies you. If a clown were to prey on you would your rather see them before they did so? or would you rather be unaware?
I like darkness as well. I hate the sun and the sunlight. I prefer night to day. The day is just too bright and hot, I *hate* the heat.
Have you ever experienced physical discomfort from light? For example if you've been inside for some time then need to go out. When you do the brightness is blinding and actually hurts your eyes.

i also detest heat. i try to hibernate in the summer and have industrial fans on constantly (aircon isn't really much of a thing in "Great" britain) i also need to consume a ridiculous amount of slush.

Last edited:
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
If there was a predator that wanted to attack me, i'd personally prefer they do it in the dark so that i was less likely to be aware of what was coming.

Let's say you're scared of clowns and the sight of them horrifies you. If a clown were to prey on you would your rather see them before they did so? or would you rather be unaware?

Have you ever experienced physical discomfort from light? For example if you've been inside for some time then need to go out. When you do the brightness is blinding and actually hurts your eyes.

i also detest heat. i try to hibernate in the summer and have industrial fans on constantly (aircon isn't really much of a thing in "Great" britain) i also need to consume a ridiculous amount of slush.
I'm not sure if I would want to see my impending doom personally. But what I am referring to is simply innate human instinct for fear of the darkness. Hunter-gathers were afraid of the dark, because they were not sure what predators were lurking.

Last edited:
sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023

Yeah, I'm pretty sensitive to light, so I have experienced physical discomfort from it. I don't like how the light is so bright and hurts my eyes.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
i personally love darkness. i find it comforting. It's so much easier for me to sleep when it's dark too.
Same here. And sleeping is one of the few things that I like in life.
I like darkness as well. I hate the sun and the sunlight. I prefer night to day. The day is just too bright and hot, I *hate* the heat.
I personally don't find the sunlight to be too annoying as long as I'm not being inconvenienced by the sunlight. As for heat, however, yeah, I really hate the heat too. It's absolutely infuriating

• Hugs
Reactions: RemainingDubious
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Same here. And sleeping is one of the few things that I like in life.

I personally don't find the sunlight to be too annoying as long as I'm not being inconvenienced by the sunlight. As for heat, however, yeah, I really hate the heat too. It's absolutely infuriating
When its cold you can put on more clothes. When you're hot you almost need A/C haha. Whats worse, high humidity (wet and sticky heat) or low humidity (dry heat)?

• Love
RemainingDubious

RemainingDubious

Most men only receive flowers at their funeral.
Feb 18, 2024
When its cold you can put on more clothes.
That's the way i see it, i don't think i've actually experienced low humidity. i find high humidity disgusting when it's all clammy.

TheSpookyNameGuy

TheSpookyNameGuy

There's nothing here..
Apr 30, 2023
I like dark and cold, has a very gloomy nostalgic kinda vibe i enjoy, like the world is ending.

I mean it is but it feels more so like it already has.

• Hugs