• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

RedDoor

RedDoor

Tired... just Tired
Apr 13, 2023
The idea of brain chemistry feels so captivating. It feels like you have little control over what you feel. One day you wake up and everything seems ok then suddenly while eating, walking or whatever you feel like you want to ctb. The thing is, it happens ALOT to the point where i feel like a slave to it. It's very tiresome. The brain just won't give up and shut it. Wish there was an off button or something...

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
The idea of brain chemistry feels so captivating. It feels like you have little control over what you feel. One day you wake up and everything seems ok then suddenly while eating, walking or whatever you feel like you want to ctb. The thing is, it happens ALOT to the point where i feel like a slave to it. It's very tiresome. The brain just won't give up and shut it. Wish there was an off button or something...
I think about this a lot how easily the brains happy chemicals or other stuff just can shift "and now you feel this way". But in some cases there are some control, like right now I think I have low dopamine since I can´t workout now because of an injury in my hand so I can´t game FPS games either which both the workout and competitive gaming boosts my adrenaline and dopamine and working out also boosts endorphines and probably other chemicals.

So when my hand gets better I know how I can turn up some of the hormones so there will be some control but for now there is none. And I also get what you mean how the brain without any obvious reason just can shift our brain chemicals like you said on a work or doing some task and suddenly you´re now depressed for the rest of the day it is very weird, interesting and very annoying to say the least and apparently it doesn´t seem to affect most people only a few like people who are on this forum and other depressed or suicidal people.

RedDoor

RedDoor

Tired... just Tired
Apr 13, 2023
I think about this a lot how easily the brains happy chemicals or other stuff just can shift "and now you feel this way". But in some cases there are some control, like right now I think I have low dopamine since I can´t workout now because of an injury in my hand so I can´t game FPS games either which both the workout and competitive gaming boosts my adrenaline and dopamine and working out also boosts endorphines and probably other chemicals.

So when my hand gets better I know how I can turn up some of the hormones so there will be some control but for now there is none. And I also get what you mean how the brain without any obvious reason just can shift our brain chemicals like you said on a work or doing some task and suddenly you´re now depressed for the rest of the day it is very weird, interesting and very annoying to say the least and apparently it doesn´t seem to affect most people only a few like people who are on this forum and other depressed or suicidal people.
It gets worse when you are forced to communicate while being in this state. And even worse when they notice the change in behaviour

U

uzuf86

Too many mistakes and regrets
Jan 1, 2024
Everything is just a chemical reaction in your brain

My incredible genius brain fell short when thinking of some of the simplest things in life. Made wrong decisions, wrong mistakes, and all compounded to give me a 10000 jolt kick directly into my heart. I just think of my life as such a waste.

Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
Yes, this is an interesting topic. Our bodies are biological machines. Our brain is a very interesting part of this machine. A deficiency of something can cause the entire mechanism to malfunction. I wonder if in the future humanity will be able to cure depression simply by repairing the brain. All you need is surgery and you are healthy again.

Alternatively, eugenics may reduce the likelihood of depression. However, this is a controversial topic at the moment.

The human species has already shown many times that it likes to overcome boundaries, so maybe it will overcome this one too

sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
Yes, this is an interesting topic. Our bodies are biological machines. Our brain is a very interesting part of this machine. A deficiency of something can cause the entire mechanism to malfunction. I wonder if in the future humanity will be able to cure depression simply by repairing the brain. All you need is surgery and you are healthy again.

Alternatively, eugenics may reduce the likelihood of depression. However, this is a controversial topic at the moment.

The human species has already shown many times that it likes to overcome boundaries, so maybe it will overcome this one too
What kind of surgery? I've heard about lobotomies, but they damage your brain and basically reduce your intellectual capacity to that of a child. Rosemary Kennedy was given one and was never the same again…

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I wonder if in the future humanity will be able to cure depression simply by repairing the brain. All you need is surgery and you are healthy again.
If such a "format mechanism" is found one day this can become very dangerous. Imo certain kinds of depression (e.g. former abuse / trauma related) could be solved with such a "format button".

Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
What kind of surgery? I've heard about lobotomies, but they damage your brain and basically reduce your intellectual capacity to that of a child. Rosemary Kennedy was given one and was never the same again…
I don't know, that's the problem :).
I just called it surgery. Of course, I didn't mean lobotomy. It is a relic of "ancient" times.