• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Mr_House

Mr_House

Black Mesa Research Facility (B.M.R.F.)
Jul 14, 2022
My thoughts?

Be vigilant after death.

Don't just blindly interact with any entity that approaches you.

Don't go towards the light.

Don't take anything at face value, whether it be the environment, or a dead loved one, or whatever.
Ah, a fellow Prison Planet theorist!

• Love
Reactions: hungry_ghost
G

goingsoor

Nov 7, 2022
Ayahuasca has the psychedelic drug DMT which causes vivid mystical-type hallucinations like the ones experienced in an NDE.
Yeah I know. I've done it 8 times, though they haven't always produced that NDE experience. It has an intelligence of its own that was very healing for me.

G

goingsoor

Nov 7, 2022
Ah, a fellow Prison Planet theorist!
I came across the prison planet theory this yearā€¦ never felt this way until this year but it feels very real at least from a consciousness perspective

Reactions: Mr_House
B

bluevelvet

Nov 29, 2022
I hope there isn't one. I can't go through this shit again.

Reactions: Nexus
Shu

Shu

As above, So Below.
Jan 21, 2022
What I have experienced hasn't been worse than this. I think I had a NDE where I was taken to a world of energy and it almost seemed like life was a school. There was no judgment there just love and acceptance. However I feel very disconnected from that now as that experience put me on a path so to speak of healing which was working well until last year and I had a psychosis which led to a religious/spiritual crisis. Now I don't know what to believe. World could be run by aliens for all I know but I'm left feeling like death would equate to being alone and cold for eternity.
I'm not going to laugh at you my friend because I can completely absolutely 100% relate to you.

M

Meaninglessness

Existence is absolutely meaningless
Nov 12, 2022
I believe that all people have fear of death and the death process. Death is the unknown and no one knows what will happen after death. People who have been declared dead for a short time and returned to life have experienced different things: some only dreamless sleep and others a tunnel, light and deceased relatives. Some people have also had out of body experiences. Is that evidence of an afterlife? The brain can be active several hours after death, which can explain these things. People experience different things in the same situation - the human body is complicated. Afterlife has its origins in religion. I agree with Stephen Hawking, that there is no afterlife.

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Just how it is.

More accurate to say that "give us your money/obedience or face eternal damnation in the afterlife" is the greatest religious scam in human history.

S

surewhynot

May 21, 2023
I grew up Christian but now I don't believe in hell. So maybe I'm secretly Jewish. An afterlife worse than this one really doesn't enter my mind.

G

goingsoor

Nov 7, 2022
I grew up Christian but now I don't believe in hell. So maybe I'm secretly Jewish. An afterlife worse than this one really doesn't enter my mind.
Jews don't believe in hell? Don't they have the same god as the Bible?

G

goingsoor

Nov 7, 2022
I think all (major) monotheistic religions believe in the same God. Jews believe in heaven but not hell.
So what do Jews believe happens if one kills themselves? I have Jewish blood but know nothing about the beliefs of the religionā€¦

S

surewhynot

May 21, 2023
So what do Jews believe happens if one kills themselves? I have Jewish blood but know nothing about the beliefs of the religionā€¦
Not sure; I Googled it and still couldn't find a clear answer! Maybe a rabbi lurker can chime in.

Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
I was there once by my own hand, and I DID NOT want to go. But they send a big muscley, blond redneck, wearing just blue jeans to send my butt back here, most annoying. This time I am damn well going to stay. I have never felt such, joy, peace, comfort, and love as I did when I croaked myself off.
Somehow NDE must correlate with what happens in the physical world. When one is sent back from near death, the body needs to be still capable of life. Quantum entanglement?

A

Andro_USYD

Artificially happy on medicine
Jul 1, 2023
This relates a lot to philosophy of mind and dualism vs physicalism. There are a lot of arguments for dualism (that you are immaterial and are not the same as your brain), for example, the indivisibility argument which goes:
1) Humans are all or nothing concepts: either you exist or you don't exist there's no such thing as 50% of a person.
2) However, on naturalism you are your brain so you are a dividable concept.
3) However people can lose parts of there brain, take the case of Phineas Gage and the French guy on infographics that had 10% of a brain due to problems.
Therefore there's an immaterial part to you, this can be backed further with intentionality, the "aboutness" or ofness about thoughts. When Ur leg hurts for example it's not the brain that's in pain! Even if it's involved in the process it's got a certain density, mass, volume and thoughts could be about vacations, you can have true thoughts, nothing about the brain states you have are true or false..Someone analysing your brain while Ur thinking will not be able to say "see that brain state right there, that's true!" Because thoughts can be true and false but brain states can't be. What this goes to reinforce is that there is a dualism interactionism between the brain and mind.

When the brain dies this immaterial part could continue to live, Paul describes this as a state of "nakedness" in the Bible, but eventually everyone in heaven gets a ressurection body.

Now I don't personally think I'm wrong however if I am wrong and there is no God then why couldn't people create an artificial heaven? If you are your brain, then couldn't you preserve the part of it that's "you", don't you think with all this technology we'd be working on an artificial afterlife project. Has anyone even ever proposed an idea like this before and if so why not.

Again the problem would seem to be due to the existence of the soul therefore you can't artificially store there intelligence in a computerised heaven, but if you're an atheist or a naturalist or both this seems like something that should be researched

G

goingsoor

Nov 7, 2022
This relates a lot to philosophy of mind and dualism vs physicalism. There are a lot of arguments for dualism (that you are immaterial and are not the same as your brain), for example, the indivisibility argument which goes:
1) Humans are all or nothing concepts: either you exist or you don't exist there's no such thing as 50% of a person.
2) However, on naturalism you are your brain so you are a dividable concept.
3) However people can lose parts of there brain, take the case of Phineas Gage and the French guy on infographics that had 10% of a brain due to problems.
Therefore there's an immaterial part to you, this can be backed further with intentionality, the "aboutness" or ofness about thoughts. When Ur leg hurts for example it's not the brain that's in pain! Even if it's involved in the process it's got a certain density, mass, volume and thoughts could be about vacations, you can have true thoughts, nothing about the brain states you have are true or false..Someone analysing your brain while Ur thinking will not be able to say "see that brain state right there, that's true!" Because thoughts can be true and false but brain states can't be. What this goes to reinforce is that there is a dualism interactionism between the brain and mind.

When the brain dies this immaterial part could continue to live, Paul describes this as a state of "nakedness" in the Bible, but eventually everyone in heaven gets a ressurection body.

Now I don't personally think I'm wrong however if I am wrong and there is no God then why couldn't people create an artificial heaven? If you are your brain, then couldn't you preserve the part of it that's "you", don't you think with all this technology we'd be working on an artificial afterlife project. Has anyone even ever proposed an idea like this before and if so why not.

Again the problem would seem to be due to the existence of the soul therefore you can't artificially store there intelligence in a computerised heaven, but if you're an atheist or a naturalist or both this seems like something that should be researched
Well I think that's what they are moving towards with transhumanism which I'm scared about as I feel like that's already kind of happenedā€¦ it would certainly be a soulless world but a certain level of awareness may be thereā€¦

synthcadia

synthcadia

dissociated angel.
Jul 8, 2023
my thoughts of the afterlife are three things:
1) reincarnation. the promise of a better life.
2) an afterlife but with a kinder God.
3) transfering to a higher consciousness, like Socrates.

A

Andro_USYD

Artificially happy on medicine
Jul 1, 2023
That's honestly scary to think about: in what ways do you think we've already accomplished this?

Imagine a world like that, like in that episode of Black mirror, where your consciousness is just uploaded to like a collective database. I remember it being the only happy episode of Black mirror there really was, San Junipero.

Can you tell me a bit more about this idea? What sorts of steps have been done? BC U said it's already sort of happened. Can you tell me about it?
I think a lot of the evil that goes on is the result of free will and people's inevitable bad choices, you could ask "how can U ever know love and happiness without knowing suffering", a lot of unfortunate things happen in the world like airline crashes but I think there are good reasons in answer to the problem of evil and suffering such as in this article https://www.reasonablefaith.org/wri...s/existence-nature-of-god/the-problem-of-evil.

Afterall if there's heaven, this life is only a glimpse of time compared to the eternal happiness. Sometimes, although tragic to their loved ones it may be someone's time to die as if they go on they will eventually denounce God and start worshipping the devil (joking) or possibly God has just decided their time. While I'm not 100% a Christian I still wonder about things like these.
God by different names: there are even Hindu versions that are monotheistic

Last edited:
sppplmgwiwlkiwbtft

sppplmgwiwlkiwbtft

Jun 15, 2023
1) maybe death is like passing out. No dreams, no consciousness, no thoughts or feelings, just nothing. Therefore there's nothing to be afraid of

2) on the other hand maybe there is an afterlife.. I'd like a way to watch the lives of my loved ones, maybe help them in some way or another. But in general a quiet endless existence out of the physical realm. No worries, no problems, no wishes, nothing happening to you. Just peacefully watching the world live on without you. That'd be my perfect afterlife

I'd be glad to have either of those outcomes. I try not think about hell or purgatory or punishment for my sins cause it makes dying a lot scarierā€¦