• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

G

goingsoor

Nov 7, 2022
Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on this? I've had multiple experiences to believe it to be true, though this year my breakdown has had me questioning everything. I used to take solace in what comes after but now not so much, if anything I'm scared.

G

goingsoor

Nov 7, 2022
I mean for me the unknown could potentially be worse than this. I've done plant medicine ceremonies and have definitely experienced something beyond this 'dimension' or experience. But I've watched that slowly be erased from me memory it seems.

Reactions: Homo erectus
deadliftEnjoyer

deadliftEnjoyer

Nov 9, 2022
I mean for me the unknown could potentially be worse than this. I've done plant medicine ceremonies and have definitely experienced something beyond this 'dimension' or experience. But I've watched that slowly be erased from me memory it seems.
If you could remember, what you experienced was worse than this? How so?

G

goingsoor

Nov 7, 2022
What I have experienced hasn't been worse than this. I think I had a NDE where I was taken to a world of energy and it almost seemed like life was a school. There was no judgment there just love and acceptance. However I feel very disconnected from that now as that experience put me on a path so to speak of healing which was working well until last year and I had a psychosis which led to a religious/spiritual crisis. Now I don't know what to believe. World could be run by aliens for all I know but I'm left feeling like death would equate to being alone and cold for eternity.

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
it almost seemed like life was a school. There was no judgment there just love and acceptance.
Since you've had direct insights, I would suggest looking into the conclusions of NDE researchers. This is where I get most of my understanding.

Reactions: mateodolores
hungry_ghost

hungry_ghost

جهاد
Feb 21, 2022
My thoughts?

Be vigilant after death.

Don't just blindly interact with any entity that approaches you.

Don't go towards the light.

Don't take anything at face value, whether it be the environment, or a dead loved one, or whatever.

Reactions: Venus13
G

goingsoor

Nov 7, 2022
Since you've had direct insights, I would suggest looking into the conclusions of NDE researchers. This is where I get most of my understanding.

My thoughts?

Be vigilant after death.

Don't take anything at face value, whether it be the environment, or a dead loved one, or whatever.
My thoughts?

Be vigilant after death.

Don't take anything at face value, whether it be the environment, or a dead loved one, or
Is the potential or lack of of the afterlife a deterrent for some people?

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Good question.

To me, it is not a universal argument against CTB, but merely brings a higher degree of personal accountability. I know that every second of my life will be scrutinised and I want to be in the purest possible state upon leaving.

Every effort has been made to confront and make peace with past abusers. Everything has been 'forgiven' in the sense that I see where they were coming from and accept what had to happen. I have learned everything possible from times where I hurt others. I've let go of all worldly attachments to the best of my ability.

I have a reason to CTB that I feel able to defend in any reasonable company, worldly or cosmic. That includes chronic physical discomfort, unhinged mental illness and a declining ability to achieve basic functionality in the world. Love is the highest purpose: service to others and/or progress towards divine union. This ailing body is redundant for these purposes and the resources to save it have never arrived.

makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
What I have experienced hasn't been worse than this. I think I had a NDE where I was taken to a world of energy and it almost seemed like life was a school. There was no judgment there just love and acceptance. However I feel very disconnected from that now as that experience put me on a path so to speak of healing which was working well until last year and I had a psychosis which led to a religious/spiritual crisis. Now I don't know what to believe. World could be run by aliens for all I know but I'm left feeling like death would equate to being alone and cold for eternity.
I was there once by my own hand, and I DID NOT want to go. But they send a big muscley, blond redneck, wearing just blue jeans to send my butt back here, most annoying. This time I am damn well going to stay. I have never felt such, joy, peace, comfort, and love as I did when I croaked myself off.

𖣴 nadia 𖣴

𖣴 nadia 𖣴

...member...
Dec 15, 2021

I don't believe in an afterlife but I'd hate to have a bad NDE, but at least it would only last until I'm brain dead.

G

goingsoor

Nov 7, 2022
I was there once by my own hand, and I DID NOT want to go. But they send a big muscley, blond redneck, wearing just blue jeans to send my butt back here, most annoying. This time I am damn well going to stay. I have never felt such, joy, peace, comfort, and love as I did when I croaked myself off.
Would you be planning to do it again?

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
I believe and hope that we just simply cease to exist once we die with not even the awareness that we are dead. Permanent non existence is all that I've ever wished for really, and I believe that these afterlife theories were created because people are unable to accept the true meaningless and insignificant nature of existence. Life only exists as a consequence of evolution and to me this was a mistake.

littlelady774

littlelady774

running on empty
Dec 20, 2018
I follow these 2 psychic mediums on YouTube and they say that you either become an earth bound spirit who didn't cross over for whatever reason (a "ghost"), or you cross over into the next realm where you review your life and spiritually heal.

Reactions: sppplmgwiwlkiwbtft
G

goingsoor

Nov 7, 2022
Yes, absolutely everyone crosses over at some point. Universal salvation is the law. It's just that some pathways are less arduous than others.
How would that happen though. What would they need to do?

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
From the link I mentioned earlier, the consensus is that being willing to call out for help and to let go of worldly desires is the key. Worst case scenario, help would eventually arrive anyway.

6. How to escape from the earthbound realm of hell
While Mellen-Thomas Benedict was in hell, he called out to the light and the light opened up and formed a tunnel that insulated him from all that fear and pain. (Mellen-Thomas Benedict)

"The way out of these hellish realms is to have a willingness to see the light and seek love for others and God." (Angie Fenimore)

To escape the darkness, you must cry out to God. Then the light will appear. (Howard Storm)

"From what may anyone be saved? Only from themselves! That is, their individual hell. They dig it with their own desires." (Edgar Cayce)

"The gates of hell are open. Those in hell will eventually join up, link hands, and walk out of hell together." (Mellen-Thomas Benedict)

"We stay in hell for however long best serves our development. We do not leave until we have changed our attitudes and perceptions." (P.M.H. Atwater)

"Souls in the hellish realms do not have the same powers to progress and achieve joy that others with more light in the higher afterlife realms have. Their progress is limited – a result of divine justice. However, these souls can choose to grow if they wish." (RaNelle Wallace)

G

goingsoor

Nov 7, 2022
From the link I mentioned earlier, the consensus is that being willing to call out for help and to let go of worldly desires is the key. Worst case scenario, help would eventually arrive anyway.

6. How to escape from the earthbound realm of hell
While Mellen-Thomas Benedict was in hell, he called out to the light and the light opened up and formed a tunnel that insulated him from all that fear and pain. (Mellen-Thomas Benedict)

"The way out of these hellish realms is to have a willingness to see the light and seek love for others and God." (Angie Fenimore)

To escape the darkness, you must cry out to God. Then the light will appear. (Howard Storm)

"From what may anyone be saved? Only from themselves! That is, their individual hell. They dig it with their own desires." (Edgar Cayce)

"The gates of hell are open. Those in hell will eventually join up, link hands, and walk out of hell together." (Mellen-Thomas Benedict)

"We stay in hell for however long best serves our development. We do not leave until we have changed our attitudes and perceptions." (P.M.H. Atwater)

"Souls in the hellish realms do not have the same powers to progress and achieve joy that others with more light in the higher afterlife realms have. Their progress is limited – a result of divine justice. However, these souls can choose to grow if they wish." (RaNelle Wallace)
It's so weird I'm convinced I'm dead and earthbound spirit and this is in fact the afterlife….

• Aww..
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra
G

goingsoor

Nov 7, 2022
That's an interesting one. I suppose the goal is the same either way. Numerous Eastern philosophies indicate that the goal of being here is to conclude the process of purification and get out of here.
But that doesn't seem likely to me. Only way I'll know if I'm already dead is to jump off a cliff… but then my thoughts are if I am what happens? Does my body just shatter but my awareness remains…

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Does my body just shatter but my awareness remains…
Yes. The first stage generally involves seeing your own body from the outside. If you try to communicate with anyone 'alive' in the area you'll find they can't hear you. You still have your consciousness (which is eternal, by the way) and your thoughts, but are free of the heaviness of the body.

Some sort of portal and tunnel should appear, and one or more beings may be there to assist. Later stages include life review, the bright white light, etc. I'm radically oversimplifying. The NDERF and other sources are always there for anyone wanting to dive into the topic.

Reactions: littlelady774
G

goingsoor

Nov 7, 2022
I guess my perception of reality is a little messed up at the moment. I feel like I'm dead and living in a hell personally catered towards me. After all those things you mentioned does one reincarnate?

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Yes, eventual reincarnation seems a part of the process except for those who have fully mastered the game. There's a few factors that make it more nebulous than it might seem, however. People reportedly choose their life's starting point beforehand, which can be done for various reasons, including purely for the benefit of others. We are not merely the cosmic victims that we appear to be.

Another major detail is that basic concepts that we take for granted, like events in time unfolding sequentially, and us being individual people on separate paths, are only partly true. It can also be said that there's no such thing as time and there's only a single, infinite being which includes everything.

I relate to your situation a lot, but what keeps saving me from the brink is the realisation that my own mind, belief in my thoughts and my identity is the root cause of my suffering. The nondual perspective offers the promise of the most radical, yet simple solution, and I am currently returning to immerse myself in it. In this way, benefit of our situations is that we have no reason to chicken out when the possibility of ego death arises.

G

goneStar

meaningless wanderer
Nov 30, 2022
Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on this? I've had multiple experiences to believe it to be true, though this year my breakdown has had me questioning everything. I used to take solace in what comes after but now not so much, if anything I'm scared.
I don't think there is one tbh. Science has explained away pretty much every mystical experience one can have...however, the theory of the end of times that I find to be most true intuitively is that of a cyclical universe/one with a bang and implosion in endless cycles. By that logic, we have all already lived every possible variation of this life and will live all these variations again and again, in infinity. Perhaps I'll be the US president the next time I (as in my physical body) emerge consciousness, but maybe I'll just be a doorknob or something, who knows really.

catsandrocks

catsandrocks

Nature Lover
Nov 11, 2022
I don't think there is one. I think it's like trying to conceptualize the consciousness of an object or the experience before birth.

Whether it's a lack of intelligence on my part or the truth, I cannot digest the idea of an all powerful gd. I'm not sure if I can believe that a gd who has an infinite amount of kindness and love would put me on this planet to suffer and ctb, just to be an inspiration for others, just so someone else learns the lesson of everything happens for a reason. What was my reason? Is my only purpose to give a purpose to someone else?

If I'm wrong and there is a gd out there, I hope I can forgive him one day.

G

goingsoor

Nov 7, 2022
I don't think there is one tbh. Science has explained away pretty much every mystical experience one can have...however, the theory of the end of times that I find to be most true intuitively is that of a cyclical universe/one with a bang and implosion in endless cycles. By that logic, we have all already lived every possible variation of this life and will live all these variations again and again, in infinity. Perhaps I'll be the US president the next time I (as in my physical body) emerge consciousness, but maybe I'll just be a doorknob or something, who knows really.
Ive definitely had experiences on ayahuasca that showed me there is an intelligence beyond this reality… I'm not sure how science would explain that…

𖣴 nadia 𖣴

𖣴 nadia 𖣴

...member...
Dec 15, 2021
Ive definitely had experiences on ayahuasca that showed me there is an intelligence beyond this reality… I'm not sure how science would explain that…
Ayahuasca has the psychedelic drug DMT which causes vivid mystical-type hallucinations like the ones experienced in an NDE.