Laststop

Laststop

Experienced
Jul 9, 2019
I've written that my first thoughts of CTB were when I was 15. Now, at almost 50, my thoughts about it are heavier and more serious than even, due mostly to some recent events. But before I found this site I wondered if I were to CTB one of the ways I would be judged was age. I already know you can (and will) get judged for anything, and everything. But it was something I wondered myself: Am I old enough to justifiably CTB? But seeing people here much younger, and talk about their younger years being the best, and all those after pointless, I feel better....about that part, anyways.

Reactions: Final Escape and deltahead
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I'm not sure any specific age is what should determine wether you should ctb. I think it should be what your quality of life is like, wether the pain of living outweighs the fear of dying. When you feel very impulsively suicidal should probably not be the time you try to do it but it may be hard to resist.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skathon and Laststop
T

TimeToDie

Mage
Jun 13, 2019
I'm middle aged too and I think age is an important factor in suicide. The argument against suicide is that things can get better, which sounds much more reasonable when applied to somebody who's young (and presumably healthy). I have the same disabling social phobia today that I had decades ago, but now I also have all sorts of annoying physical problems to go with my mental woes. 25 years ago I had hair, and my teeth were not worn out, and my back didn't ache, and my arm didn't ache, and I could get erections, and I had a sex drive, and I could see even the smallest print, and I didn't have high blood pressure, nor high cholesterol, and I could keep going but I think you get the point. 25 years ago my family was also still alive. 25 years ago I also had some hope for the future (I was totally delusional and in denial about my condition back then). What can I hope for now? Am I supposed to look forward to 20 years from now when I can wear diapers & walk with a cane? Or do I look forward to having a heart attack next week? Heart attacks are what happen to men my age with my health history.

• Aww..
Reactions: nw7, Painted Bird, vulturecyclop and 1 other person
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
I've written that my first thoughts of CTB were when I was 15. Now, at almost 50, my thoughts about it are heavier and more serious than even, due mostly to some recent events. But before I found this site I wondered if I were to CTB one of the ways I would be judged was age. I already know you can (and will) get judged for anything, and everything. But it was something I wondered myself: Am I old enough to justifiably CTB? But seeing people here much younger, and talk about their younger years being the best, and all those after pointless, I feel better....about that part, anyways.
i guess its different for everybody really. im 19, my earlier years and now really have been awful and i wanna ctb. i know people who enjoyed their enjoy years and got depressed later on in life. And some who were at a sunken place around 20 because of the traumatizations of their childhood that haunted them through their teen years.

Reactions: Laststop
O

Onomotopoeia

Experienced
Feb 8, 2019
Most people cannot swallow CTB as logical no matter the circumstance. That said when you are younger life changes rapidly. It will change from person to person of course but just the natural events of life bring huge amounts of change through most of your childhood, then again at 13, 16. Then your mileage may vary but once you moved out of your parents with roomates etc, then alone, then with SO.

Whatever your progression might be things change rather drastically until you hit a point where eventually you are the person you are going to be.

There is no more real growth in your character, no real life changes. You are probably about where your likely to be for job/salary/relationships hell in many cases you will probably spend the rest of your life wherever you are. Once you hit that point at about 30-35 years for most i think.

I think then you can say you really know. There are no more growing pains and life is unlikely to change anymore. I do not really think we should judge anyone however I think by that age it's safe to say you understand yourself, your life, and your future prospects in a manner that is mostly reliable.

If it's possible for judgment to cease I think about that age is when it should.

Reactions: nw7 and Laststop
DreamCatcher

DreamCatcher

Still searching
Jun 18, 2019

I think anyone that is fully aware of themselves is old enough to CTB. Once you're mentally an adult it's always a valid option. Even if life is good it's a valid option.

Since it's always a valid option there are no judgements and no questions about if it, because it's an option that exists regardless of reasons and circumstances then those don't matter at all. Someone could literally CTB for no reason at all and it would still be fine.

You don't have to justify it to anyone including yourself. It's always your choice.

Reactions: AnnaJaspers and Laststop