dropdeadfred

dropdeadfred

Boarding the bus to Everlasting Dreamland ♡
Oct 19, 2020
Premenstrual dysphoric disorder. Sheds (pun intended) a lot of light on as to why I (probably) go effing MENTAL just before my period starts. This has been happening to me since June. It can cause an insane amount of signs & symptoms. I had no idea what it was until recently.
&, if you have a problem with the title of this post, you can move your heartless, misinformed ass right along.

• Hugs
Reactions: Meditation guide, Stick, allym101 and 1 other person
muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
Omg yes. I have this as well. My entire personality changes the two weeks before my period starts. It's hell. I only get two "normal" weeks each month, and even those aren't totally normal due to my other issues. I recently found out I suffer from this as well. So many signs and symptoms I thought were just my personality or me being crazy actually derive from PMDD, which is a genetic and hormonal condition. So, the cells responsible for responding to the monthly hormonal fluctuations respond abnormally and create this whole slew of horrible side effects. It's been such a humongous relief for me to discover I have PMDD. I'm so sorry you suffer from this as well; it's hell, to put it lightly.

Reactions: disabledandhopeless, Meditation guide, Stick and 2 others
dropdeadfred

dropdeadfred

Oct 19, 2020
Omg yes. I have this as well. My entire personality changes the two weeks before my period starts. It's hell. I only get two "normal" weeks each month, and even those aren't totally normal due to my other issues. I recently found out I suffer from this as well. So many signs and symptoms I thought were just my personality or me being crazy actually derive from PMDD, which is a genetic and hormonal condition. So, the cells responsible for responding to the monthly hormonal fluctuations respond abnormally and create this whole slew of horrible side effects. It's been such a humongous relief for me to discover I have PMDD. I'm so sorry you suffer from this as well; it's hell, to put it lightly.
I thought exactly as you did! My biggest tip-off was the way I was damaging my relationship with my love interest & then I would feel, what seemed miraculously, "back to myself" the day my period started. I am sorry for you also! Life is a big 'ol bitch.

muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
I thought exactly as you did! My biggest tip-off was the way I was damaging my relationship with my love interest & then I would feel, what seemed miraculously, "back to myself" the day my period started. I am sorry for you also! Life is a big 'ol bitch.
Same here </3 I'd feel hostile and annoyed and sometimes even a little disgusted with people in my life the two weeks before my period, and then as soon as I'd start bleeding I'd be "me" again, like clockwork. As if having a period alone wasn't bad enough lmao

Reactions: dropdeadfred
Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
I have this too! I am trying a contraceptive pill to see if it helps. I haven't taken it for 15 years so fingers crossed it levels me out. tbh I have terrible insomnia at the moment which might be a side effect. :ehh:

• Hugs
Reactions: Stick, dropdeadfred and allym101
allym101

allym101

Ally
May 29, 2020
Every single time I attempt, it's around that time of the month. And just when I think I've gotten a break, it comes back even worse next month lmfao. Ugh I hate it, I get the worst cramps, my skin breaks out, and I feel so HOPELESS to the point where I can sleep for 72 hours straight.

• Hugs
Reactions: Stick and dropdeadfred
dropdeadfred

dropdeadfred

Oct 19, 2020
Every single time I attempt, it's around that time of the month. And just when I think I've gotten a break, it comes back even worse next month lmfao. Ugh I hate it, I get the worst cramps, my skin breaks out, and I feel so HOPELESS to the point where I can sleep for 72 hours straight.
That sounds super intense! :ehh: I was not at all surprised to see that suicidal ideation/CTB was linked to this condition. Look at all of us!

Reactions: allym101
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
I hate being a woman. I have tried taking the pill back to back for years just to avoid stupid periods. I want to just cut out reproductive organs so bad...I have these self mutilation fantasy's because I hate periods so much and how pointless they are for me. I get so aggressive and worse feeling around that time of month. Ugh....

• Hugs
Reactions: dropdeadfred and Meditation guide
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Yep, I'm fine till post ovulation then I get really sad and lonely. Hormones suck.

• Hugs
Reactions: dropdeadfred