Incorrigible77777

Incorrigible77777

I was born human and I'm sorry for that. ——太宰 治
Jul 9, 2020
If the one who dies is me, then this wouldn't be a problem. Because even if Chinese people know SS, they don't know how to access it and don't care whether it's shut down or not.

• Hugs
Reactions: Iamamistake, Ghost2211, Deleted member 23586 and 3 others
mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020
Samaritans is literally just a place to vent. They don't do anything but listen. Pointless really
Like therapists really. I saw a therapist last year and she told me to rate from 1 to 10 how do I feel when I do different things (listen to music in my room, spend time with friends etc.). I was totally friendless back then and every piece of music I've heard reminded me of something terrible, so basically I could rate all my activities with a one. Once I came to see her and I did not speak at all. The worst thing is, I keep feeling worse and worse as time goes by, like I am less functional with each new day. Nothing to look forward to.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: ShornSoloists, AutoTap, Frew and 11 others
K

Kat!

Elementalist
Sep 30, 2020
Reminds me of something called "plausible deniability", in which a person will pretend that they thought something they witnessed (suicide, murder, robbery, etc.) was fake.
In this case it seems like they're trying to paint both themselves, and the victim in a better light.
I don't know much about this person though.

Reactions: Iamamistake, Silvermorning and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
D

DontGiveAshiit

Student
Nov 1, 2020
"We are determined to do all we can to stop these sites. They prey on the vulnerable and depressed and encourage them life isn't worth living."
lolz, how can you be this delusional and disconnected?

by the way, do we have some "plan B" ? some other place we can gather in the horrible case that some day they shut this site down?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: HowNowBrownCow, Iamamistake, Silvermorning and 1 other person
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
Mainstream journalism looking for that cheap report they've copied of who did it previously. T***s.

Reactions: ShornSoloists, Iamamistake, Silvermorning and 2 others
LakatosDiogenesz

LakatosDiogenesz

I can tie a noose with my eyes closed
Nov 21, 2020
Poor guy just wanted to die, now the statists are parading his corpse around for their political goals. It's truly messed up.

• Love
Reactions: ShornSoloists, HowNowBrownCow, SuicideAwaits and 13 others
xLosthopex

xLosthopex

Tell my dogs I love them
May 29, 2020
I'm sorry, but this seems staged AF. I can understand him not wanting family incarcerated/to face legal repercussions, but this point seems over-the-top emphasized. "Please this isn't my family". The phrasing is odd to me. It's like begging. "... that website" is another one- he was apparently more than familiar with SS. I give the benefit of the doubt in all cases, but I'd ultimately call BS, even despite his contrary posts here.
Damn, I should have been an investigator. I love digging.
Edit: Got a "Wow" react. Not meaning to sound insensitive if I am. FYI if that's what that's about. Could totally be legit, of course... just my feeling.
Tbh that is kinda what's in my note I have written so I don't think that's particularly unusual but the other part of the report?? Considering what he posted on the forum that just looks like it was completely made up!

Reactions: Iamamistake, Silvermorning, pthnrdnojvsc and 1 other person
Viceroy

Viceroy

Student
Oct 20, 2020
Poor guy just wanted to die, now the statists are parading his corpse around for their political goals. It's truly messed up.
Yeah. Let us die you fucking dweebs

Reactions: HowNowBrownCow, Iamamistake, MindFrog and 4 others
xLosthopex

xLosthopex

Tell my dogs I love them
May 29, 2020
I would be SO angry if people campaigned to shut this site down in my name after I ctb. And seeing this happen again and again from families of those who chose to end their life is incredibly disrespectful to the deceased person. Pure selfishness.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: HowNowBrownCow, Spitfire, Deleted member 13412 and 5 others
K

KingoftheFreaks

Nov 21, 2020
That article is lying slandering this website and us here. They are saying that this website and we are encouraging others to commit suicide. That's a lie. I haven't seen anyone encourage someone else to commit suicide on this website. Then i read the comments to the article : people believe anything that they put out there as news. And the comments wow, can people be that dumb?

These are comments below to the article. but of course they believe what was written in the article which are lies because no one here ever encourages others to commit suicide . This is unbelievable that people can be this dumb and gullible. they are calling for us to be prosecuted and imprisoned when none of us encouraged anyone to commit suicide : Here are just 3 comments from regular people commenting on the article :

"A lot of content on the web needs better control. The problem is that vulnerable people can be convinced in one way or another- it's like grooming. Tough prison sentences for people who encourage or facilitate people- including anorexia sites etc

1 hr ago

Absolutely right, that's exactly what it is - grooming, vile people who need tracking down and harshly punished, it really is beyond my comprehension why anyone should be so cruel.

4 hrs ago

I can't fathom the sad weird people who encourage others to kill themselves, is it because their to scared to do it themselves, these people should be prosecuted.

4 hrs ago "

The following is my comment to distinguish it from the comments of the automatons above :This makes me not want to live in this world that they made this evil, that evil and lies are winning and truth and fairness is non-existent.
Yeah I hate this self righteous stupidity of people who dont get it

• Love
Reactions: Spitfire, Iamamistake, Deleted member 23586 and 3 others
Apathy79

Apathy79

Arcanist
Oct 13, 2019
My 2c fwiw:

1. The site isn't going to be shut down. These news articles and attacks aren't new - they happen regularly. Worst case, it may be banned in some more countries. But you should be using a VPN here anyway so that shouldn't stop access.

2. I don't think the grieving parents have bad motives. In this case, we're talking about losing a father, a husband and a son in mighty quick succession. That's a serious overwhelm of grief. I don't think many people can handle that. Another emotion needs to be energised to replace it. One way some people go is guilt - maybe I'm somehow at fault for all this. That's an extremely dangerous path that will probably lead to another suicide. Another way some people go is anger/blame. It's someone's fault and they need to pay. In this case the best target they could find is this site - the suicide cult that took my son away. If you can convince yourself of that, in that situation, that feeling of anger is an enormous relief from the grief. You'll cling to any rationale for that, even if it has extremely flimsy foundations, you need it to be true to feel like you have a reason to live again. I think that's what is going on here. Grieving parents trying to convince themselves this place is evil to substitute anger for their overwhelming grief.

3. I think the best response is to hear the concerns, not demonise them, take on board the criticism that's legitimate, correct any misconceptions that have been made and put the site in it's proper context from the perspective of it's users. And honestly I think many people here have done that well.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Buffy5120, Deleted member 24006, Iamamistake and 8 others
yetme

yetme

Arcanist
Oct 20, 2019
Reactions: SuicideAwaits, Buffy5120, Iamamistake and 2 others
HopelessBorderline

HopelessBorderline

Alive but not living
Oct 29, 2020
None of them mentioned the reasons why he took his life. Why they think that shutting down SS will bring the suicide rate down?
I guess they think that removing possibilities of an "easier way out" would cut suicide rates. What they don't know is any given method, where it be SN or jumping in front of a train, no way is an easy way. It's determination what makes the statistics. What they are doing is stopping people looking for a peaceful way to die and instead forcing them to go more violent ways. If a person wants to die they'll find a way one way or another!

• Love
Reactions: Buffy5120, Merlay, Iamamistake and 3 others
yetme

yetme

Arcanist
Oct 20, 2019
I guess they think that removing possibilities of an "easier way out" would cut suicide rates. What they don't know is any given method, where it be SN or jumping in front of a train, no way is an easy way. It's determination what makes the statistics. What they are doing is stopping people looking for a peaceful way to die and instead forcing them to go more violent ways. If a person wants to die they'll find a way one way or another!

Exactly! people come here because there are no other options left. What they don't understand is how desprate a person should be to kill himself.

• Love
Reactions: Buffy5120, Iamamistake, Sprite_Geist and 4 others
fixitinpost

fixitinpost

Arriving Somewhere But Not Here
Oct 20, 2020
"We are determined to do all we can to stop these sites. They prey on the vulnerable and depressed and encourage them life isn't worth living."

Yeah, no. No one here is encouraging anything. It's unfortunate that she didn't understand her son, and that she now wants to go after communities where people like him actually can feel understood.

What does she expect? I think most people have travelled pretty far to get here. Posting hotline numbers or saying "please don't do it, life is worth living!" ad nauseam isn't going to be helpful. Providing a community, and ensuring that everyone can make an informed decision, is.

It isn't like people come here competely without ideas on how to commit suicide. It's called suicidal ideation for a reason. But those ideas can sometimes be needlessly painful, risk permanent disability, or do damage to bystanders. Hopefully she one day can find solace in the fact that her son seemingly at least died peacefully. And I do feel for her. Outliving your kid must be devastating.

Last edited:
Reactions: Iamamistake, Silvermorning, HopelessBorderline and 2 others
elfgyoza

elfgyoza

Cursed
Aug 5, 2019
"Rather than urging them not to kill themselves or signpost people who can help, like the Samaritans, the chat boards provide tips, encouragement and even deals from substance sellers."

Lmao wtf do they think we do here, deal drugs? I'd be interested to know whether they are also aware of Exit International, and how they feel about their members, who are all aged 50+, sharing how to off themselves

And as for urging people not to kill themselves....
I've seen so many threads where people suggest ways to help someone without advising on methods (talking to Dr's etc). We're here because we're sick of being told 'omg don't kill yourself just call this hotline!!!' on every other website. Yet again they fail to recognise the need to solve the cause of mental health issues, they just try to stop suicide so we're not allowed to die, just suffer forever instead. Perhaps they could try lobbying the government for increased mental health funding instead? Wait....no they won't do that because they don't really care for helping people unless they're at the point of killing themselves, which is when it starts to affect themselves

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Iamamistake, Silvermorning, shay23 and 2 others
Friend_A

Friend_A

Oct 28, 2020
i cant read this shit without getting angry. fuck them all

• Hugs
Reactions: ShornSoloists, HowNowBrownCow, OrdinaryDay and 4 others
K

KingoftheFreaks

Nov 21, 2020
Hi fixthe26. Nice to see you here. We don't share such information on the forum, but nice try. Next time put a bit more effort into this.
Dont know who that is I'm guessing it's a troll. Sorry I've just joined I shouldn't have asked. I've researched myself and seen that he used SN
Okay, so this is really weird. Joe's mother is featured in the article. She also wrote this for Fix the 26:

4th April 2020 was the day that broke me, I got up that morning shouted my son Joe (23) to which I had no response I entered the living room to find him sitting on the sofa he had taken his own life. I screamed for my other son and soon the police and fire service arrived and after they checked the area it aspired that they found he had taken SN. Notes were found one for the family one for the police. In the one that was for the police it stated that it was suicide from sodium nitrite and he had visited a website called sanctioned suicide. Joe said he couldn't be helped anymore he felt letdown by the hospital but others could be saved so to do anything we could to close sanctioned suicide down.​

These are shots from the police report that she shared on that site:

View attachment 51828

View attachment 51827

And yet this is what Joe posted:
I'm happy for him. He's in no more pain now.
Tbh that is kinda what's in my note I have written so I don't think that's particularly unusual but the other part of the report?? Considering what he posted on the forum that just looks like it was completely made up!
The note was clearly forged by the police or the mother

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Iamamistake, Ghost2211, pthnrdnojvsc and 2 others
Lastsauce

Lastsauce

Experienced
Dec 22, 2019
Nothing to look forward to.
That feeling is really the worst, especially if it's persistent. It feeds on itself and easily turns to despair.

Reactions: OrdinaryDay, Ghost2211, Silvermorning and 1 other person
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019

That's just it. If their argument had any merit or they had a legit reason to shut this website down then they wouldn't have to forge papers and make up all these lies like that lie they keep saying that : "we here are convincing minors ,autistic and vulnerable people to commit suicide"

Last edited:
Reactions: HowNowBrownCow, Iamamistake, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and 1 other person
it's_all_a_game

it's_all_a_game

I remember...death in the afternoon...
Nov 7, 2020
Dude obviously just wanted to die and nothing more, sad his family is attacking this site for giving him a not-painful way to go.

Reactions: OrdinaryDay, HopelessBorderline, Iamamistake and 1 other person
omoidarui

omoidarui

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Apr 30, 2019

I doubt the note was forged, otherwise the mother would've had to check his browsing history and done so before she called the police, which is ludicrous (unless it was produced in hindsight, but because the note mentions a remaining amount of SN in an envelope, and the police allegedly evacuated the house when they found the substance present in the attempt, I find it hard to believe there was any spare left to fake a note with).

The note is most likely real and it's understandable that the family would seek to honour it, on emotional premises.

Thoughts with them.

The only way the note makes sense with Joe's postings is that he may have enjoyed this community so much to the point he wanted us all saved and the methods taken down. That's erroneous because for many members this site is actually their final lifeline, but not everyone understands that.

Reactions: OrdinaryDay, kk2121, HopelessBorderline and 2 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I doubt the note was forged, otherwise the mother would've had to check his browsing history and done so before she called the police, which is ludicrous (unless it was produced in hindsight, but because the note mentions a remaining amount of SN in an envelope, and the police allegedly evacuated the house when they found the substance present in the attempt, I find it hard to believe there was any spare left to fake a note with).

His brother was there, too, I believe, not just the mother.

We would have to know if the message was typed or handwritten. It could even be that he left no notes but someone else wrote them by hand or printed them. If SS was on his screen or search history, and he'd been dead awhile, then there was opportunity to stage things. Doesn't mean that's what happened, but it is possible, and in light of what he wrote on the forum that was the direct opposite, I think it's reasonable to have such suspicions. I wonder if the police fingerprinted the envelope and papers, and if they tried to determine whether the prints were from natural movements. I also wonder if there is an agenda in which LE is involved and the note was faked afterwards and added to the report, as it's not secret that UK coroners have previously called for action against this site. I know this heads toward conspiracy theory, which has negative connotations for a negative reason, but SS is highly provocative and a political target in case you haven't noticed.

People will do things to protect their reputations or to come up with a believable explanation when they can't accept what is happening. When my boyfriend committed suicide with a firearm at home, his mother told everyone he did it because he had a brain clot. I don't think I need to go into a graphic explanation as to why she would have come to that conclusion. Maybe it was magical thinking, but decades later I realized there was a good chance he experienced abuse -- I didn't know him well enough at the time, I don't think I'd even told him yet about my own abusive situation, we were in the serious infatuation stage. But he was only 16, and super happy at the time with a lot of extremely positive things happening in his life, though it was discovered that he'd hidden the ammo months before after a hunting trip. Also, no notes were found, and as much as he and I prolifically wrote notes to each other (it was the eighties), I found it incomprehensible that he didn't leave me a note, and it's only at this moment that I wonder if he left notes that may have incriminated his family and were hidden; it's reasonable to suspect, but nor would I assume it to be true and outright accuse. That's the point of my whole comment here, to consider things reasonably rather than from a stance of pity, because it blocks considering all possibilities.

There was a movie, I'm intentionally not putting the title for personal reasons so I hope others will honor that, but in one scene a woman's family was going to be embarrassed by a story in the news. She freaked out and in the early morning, still in her nightgown, was picking up the newspapers from her neighbors' lawns to try to keep them from knowing.

People can do some amazing things under stress, sometimes cockamamie and sometimes very calculated, and people can go to extraordinary lengths to protect their reputations.

Like the recent story of the MP whose wife committed suicide after having visited this site or one like it (he didn't say it was SS but I don't know of another one similar). In the story, he both elevated and vilified his wife, and used some seriously slick emotional rhetoric, and my impression was that he was trying to cover something up by pointing the finger of blame elsewhere and trying to appear virtuous and dedicated to eradicating sites like this. People do that kind of stuff all the time. Either they try to cover things up, or they try to present themselves as heroic and on a righteous mission to deflect even the potential of scrutiny on them.

My own parents -- and my father is a retired homicide detective who absolutely detested lying -- permanently shut me out of the family when I demanded they be accountable for the abuse when I was growing up. Since 2018, my mother uses an old picture of us as her Facebook profile photo and talks for me in the comments as if we're still in contact. I know my father has to lie as well to support this story, there's no way he's not participating. That's utterly crazy, and easily disprovable if people would stop to wonder why, after almost a decade, I haven't come to visit and there have been no new photos of me. But protecting one's reputation can override rationality, let alone ethics, and people really want to believe.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, demuic, OrdinaryDay and 7 others
MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
My own parents -- and my father is a retired homicide detective who absolutely detested lying -- permanently shut me out of the family when I demanded they be accountable for the abuse when I was growing up. Since 2018, my mother uses an old picture of us as her Facebook profile photo and talks for me in the comments as if we're still in contact. I know my father has to lie as well to support this story, there's no way he's not participating

I'm sorry you've experienced that. Some people would just rather blame others or completely ignore the situation rather than fix their own mess.

And when caught with thier pants down, they resort to doubling down, flinging false accusations just to shut down any form of civil discussion.

Maybe not all of them, but i'm sure a couple of fixthe26 followers know that their wrong and will continue to look away from the truth. We just had to let them see that we wont take their bullshit.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and GoodPersonEffed
peacechoice

peacechoice

Experienced
Oct 11, 2020
This is a very sad story. Unfortunately, world population growth and available funding in all countries for health and/or mental health care means this site will continue despite laws and actions to prevent its existence. In the end, we will find a way to end our suffering one way or another - if that is our choice. Maybe we're not dying of cancer, but we are in pain all the same - it is unfair for others to decide which pain(s) merit allowing self-deliverance. Also, given all the factors in each person's life, it's unfair to place all blame on a website. I'm new to the site, but do wonder why one or more SS members don't start a petition like fixthe26 in support of the site and/or publicly comment on articles - with anonymity - to give alternate perspective(s)? This site appears to provide more support for members than going to a damn clinic where you're sat in a circle to talk about .... how you feel .... until the government or health care funds run dry and you're on your own again.
I'll do it. Once I graduate, I'll try to see if I can write a story on a major news article and represent this site. I want people to know the true sentiment behind us. I'm just a simpleton just like everyone else. You wouldn't know I had anything wrong, I seem well adjusted. However, you don't know what warrants a person to come here. Our problems shouldn't be minimized and we shouldn't be made to feel like we can solve all these problems with a freaking pill that the doctors give us. Can the mods allow me to referent this site in anonymity?

Reactions: Deleted member 24006, Iamamistake and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
T

Thatdude

Life is temporary, death is permanent
Sep 26, 2019
Wow, for a moment you scared me there. There's been enough of fuss already. Def we don't need to be on the news again.

Depending on the server location, it can stay up. Like here in the USA you can have a site showing how to make bombs. But you can't encourage people to make bombs. And because this site has rules against encouraging, and it's a platform. This grants it major protections.
It has protections to the point services that protect this from getting ddos, the right to life groups bitch about it since they were wanting to break the law to censor the site.

Reactions: Spitfire, pthnrdnojvsc and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
OnlyTheWind

OnlyTheWind

Serena / Meatball head
Aug 29, 2020
Quick, shut down the internet in case people do something of their own free will! (sarcasm)
No words can adequately describe my hatred for humanity.

Reactions: HowNowBrownCow, OrdinaryDay, Albert and 6 others
S

Secrets1

Specialist
Nov 18, 2019
Do the critics realize the people they attack for being so evil are most often the same people who "need" to be saved and mirrors of main subjects in such articles?

I feel genuine empathy for these parents but also think the most outraged may be redirecting their own guilt and were very out of touch with their kids despite having the best intentions.

Last edited:
Reactions: HopelessBorderline, demuic, elfgyoza and 3 others
A

Albert

Nov 19, 2020
I haven't been here long enough to know.
But it's going to cause more harm than good for the genuine sufferers we have on this page, myself included.
They can not, and will not shove "you need therapy & meds" down my throat anymore. They cannot convince me that there is a reason for existing other than to stick around for my loved ones - the only reason I'm still here for now I guess.

That's the funny thing about these damn people, they're all so convinced there's a purpose to life and there simply isn't. Any BS reason someone gives you is a manufactured purpose for living and it is a lie. We all live a terrible lie day in and day out. It's interesting to see how passionate some people become defending their lie, they damn well know that if they really give it some thought then their world would collapse and the only logical conclusion would be that suicide is the answer to this absurd Hollywood production. The brain is clever in ensuring the host continues to live, damn you id and superego!

• Hugs
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, HopelessBorderline, elfgyoza and 5 others