Buffy5120

Death is vital
Mar 19, 2020
Reactions: ShornSoloists, NightmareTour, Ghost2211 and 13 others
sarahR

sarahR

Experienced
Nov 11, 2020
Wow, for a moment you scared me there. There's been enough of fuss already. Def we don't need to be on the news again.

Reactions: Cowtipper, PureMetanoia, Hyperbunny and 2 others
HopelessBorderline

HopelessBorderline

Alive but not living
Oct 29, 2020
I don't like how they quote that people can ring Samaritans for help

I've rang Samaritans before and they CAN NOT tell you NOT to kill yourself. They will stay on the phone with you and actively listen to you until you take your last breath if you ask them too. Is this site not the same? Offering support?

You can find methods to kill yourself anywhere on the internet but they want close this site because like-minded people can understand what the person suffering is going through?

I guess pro-lifers just wont ever understand

• Love
Reactions: ShornSoloists, Wrennie, greyismyfavecolor and 30 others
D

Darknessallaround

Nov 16, 2019
Saw that news article, prompted me to be proactive and try to obtain chosen method as it's getting really hard to source (at least in the UK).

Reactions: NightmareTour, PureMetanoia, Metalhead and 9 others
N

Nyxtus

Nov 14, 2020
Imagine attempting to close a website with caring and like-minded individuals. I would have killed myself already if not for this site, and believe it or not all the great people here, stories and support has me DELAYING it instead of killing myself immediately in a moment of passion. There is, and always will be, documentation on how to kill yourself on the internet, why close a support group?

Trying to understand people like this is always so exhausting.

" "We are determined to do all we can to stop these sites. They prey on the vulnerable and depressed and encourage them life isn't worth living. "

What an absolutely ridiculous statement. These people have no self awareness or willingness to try to understand what their family went through that brought them to suicide. Maybe if they talked to their family members that committed suicide they could have helped, but no, blame the website!

Last edited:
Reactions: ShornSoloists, littlelungs, OrdinaryDay and 26 others
HopelessBorderline

HopelessBorderline

Alive but not living
Oct 29, 2020
Nah its been like this before
I haven't been here long enough to know.
But it's going to cause more harm than good for the genuine sufferers we have on this page, myself included.
They can not, and will not shove "you need therapy & meds" down my throat anymore. They cannot convince me that there is a reason for existing other than to stick around for my loved ones - the only reason I'm still here for now I guess.

Reactions: roju, Iamamistake, justsad&done and 6 others
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
got a feeling we are gonna be closed soon.

That article is lying slandering this website and us here. They are saying that this website and we are encouraging others to commit suicide. That's a lie. I haven't seen anyone encourage someone else to commit suicide on this website. Then i read the comments to the article : people believe anything that they put out there as news. And the comments wow, can people be that dumb?

These are comments below to the article. but of course they believe what was written in the article which are lies because no one here ever encourages others to commit suicide . This is unbelievable that people can be this dumb and gullible. they are calling for us to be prosecuted and imprisoned when none of us encouraged anyone to commit suicide : Here are just 3 comments from regular people commenting on the article :

"A lot of content on the web needs better control. The problem is that vulnerable people can be convinced in one way or another- it's like grooming. Tough prison sentences for people who encourage or facilitate people- including anorexia sites etc

1 hr ago

Absolutely right, that's exactly what it is - grooming, vile people who need tracking down and harshly punished, it really is beyond my comprehension why anyone should be so cruel.

4 hrs ago

I can't fathom the sad weird people who encourage others to kill themselves, is it because their to scared to do it themselves, these people should be prosecuted.

4 hrs ago "

The following is my comment to distinguish it from the comments of the automatons above :This makes me not want to live in this world that they made this evil, that evil and lies are winning and truth and fairness is non-existent.

Last edited:
Reactions: HowNowBrownCow, stevieu, demuic and 12 others
EnnuiCat

EnnuiCat

Completely Catawampus
Nov 20, 2020
Unfortunately, this is the typical mindset of the vast majority of mindless automatons who imagine themselves having all the answers. They think they are the arbiters of happiness. Like me, anyone who has found this site has probably been suffering for a long time. They have been through the meds and the therapies and the lack of understanding. Few people actually do understand the pain and the accompanying loneliness.

Reactions: ShornSoloists, HowNowBrownCow, stevieu and 20 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Tough prison sentences for people who encourage or facilitate people-
So what about assisted suicide which is legal in some places. People are forcing their opinions onto others who don't have the same opinions as they do, and making it a crime to speak in a way that diverges from what they think. It's a crime to have a difference of opinion.

Reactions: ShornSoloists, Spitfire, Baba and 17 others
M

Mercury6737

Sep 21, 2018
I saw another one as well (not posting since I don't want to give them clicks). Counting the two I've seen posted here, that's three articles this week. It's probably just a wave, given how news cycles work.

Reactions: Iamamistake, Kat!, Wraith and 1 other person
Ardesevent

Ardesevent

It’s the end of the line, cowboy
Feb 2, 2020
It probably is just a wave, and most people will forget about us in a week or two. What does concern me is the amount of attention the change.org petition is getting. It's gone from about 1,000 supporters over 8,000 in the span of a couple months.
I know change.org is powerless, but it still makes me a bit wary.

Reactions: Iamamistake, AutoTap, Kat! and 3 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Okay, so this is really weird. Joe's mother is featured in the article. She also wrote this for Fix the 26:

4th April 2020 was the day that broke me, I got up that morning shouted my son Joe (23) to which I had no response I entered the living room to find him sitting on the sofa he had taken his own life. I screamed for my other son and soon the police and fire service arrived and after they checked the area it aspired that they found he had taken SN. Notes were found one for the family one for the police. In the one that was for the police it stated that it was suicide from sodium nitrite and he had visited a website called sanctioned suicide. Joe said he couldn't be helped anymore he felt letdown by the hospital but others could be saved so to do anything we could to close sanctioned suicide down.​

These are shots from the police report that she shared on that site:

IMG 9326

IMG 9327

And yet this is what Joe posted:

After loosing so many loved ones in the space of 2 years, getting stabbed, loosing the love of my life, and having no family love, I'm ready to CTB and be at peace with myself

[Emphasis mine]
I've being a member for a few days, but being looking for a few weeks at the threads, posts and so on, and I must say everyone seems so supportive and helpful, wether they decide to CTB or don't! Honestly, the people on here are actually amazing and so supportive to one another! ❤
I feel the same, just waiting for the SN to come so I can CTB, but just everyone is supportive to each other, if they go through with it or not!
I'm just waiting for the SN to come now, getting really impatient aha, honestly I feel happy about the thought of it coming and I can be out of the pain in my heart and head
I think I'll be okay taking it (fingers crossed) I've tried so many times to CTB over 3 months to non avail, only one thing could make me change my mind to make it a bit easier to be here but that won't happen unfortunately. I'll be with my Dad and grandparents again and I won't be in any pain with myself
It's weird like I know I have to do this myself to end the pain, but I'm excited that I can leave the pain behind if that makes sense?

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: ShornSoloists, HowNowBrownCow, stevieu and 25 others
A

ayb

"I'd feel trapped if I couldn't CTB at any time."
Feb 15, 2019
is it possible for a mirror to be made on tor?

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Butterflyshadow, Kat! and 1 other person
HopelessBorderline

HopelessBorderline

Alive but not living
Oct 29, 2020
Okay, so this is really weird. Joe's mother is featured in the article. She also wrote this for Fix the 26:

4th April 2020 was the day that broke me, I got up that morning shouted my son Joe (23) to which I had no response I entered the living room to find him sitting on the sofa he had taken his own life. I screamed for my other son and soon the police and fire service arrived and after they checked the area it aspired that they found he had taken SN. Notes were found one for the family one for the police. In the one that was for the police it stated that it was suicide from sodium nitrite and he had visited a website called sanctioned suicide. Joe said he couldn't be helped anymore he felt letdown by the hospital but others could be saved so to do anything we could to close sanctioned suicide down.​

These are shots from the police report that she shared on that site:

View attachment 51828

View attachment 51827

And yet this is what Joe posted:

Wait wait. So the mother said this was all down to the hospital letting him down. But he said in his own words that he didn't get enough family love at home? And they are still blaming this website? I can't see anywhere that Joe said he was let down by hospitals. That's the problem though, ALL of us here have been let down one way or another! If they funded better mental health care instead of trying to shut this website down they'd be doing us all a bigger favour though. Even so, I'm sick of talking to therapists that just don't understand me. I'm just atoms. Existing for what exactly?

• Love
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, HowNowBrownCow, roju and 16 others
dropdeadfred

dropdeadfred

Boarding the bus to Everlasting Dreamland ♡
Oct 19, 2020
I'm sorry, but this seems staged AF. I can understand him not wanting family incarcerated/to face legal repercussions, but this point seems over-the-top emphasized. "Please this isn't my family". The phrasing is odd to me. It's like begging. "... that website" is another one- he was apparently more than familiar with SS. I give the benefit of the doubt in all cases, but I'd ultimately call BS, even despite his contrary posts here.
Damn, I should have been an investigator. I love digging.
Edit: Got a "Wow" react. Not meaning to sound insensitive if I am. FYI if that's what that's about. Could totally be legit, of course... just my feeling.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: HowNowBrownCow, stevieu, Iamamistake and 13 others
peacechoice

peacechoice

Experienced
Oct 11, 2020
Imagine attempting to close a website with caring and like-minded individuals. I would have killed myself already if not for this site, and believe it or not all the great people here, stories and support has me DELAYING it instead of killing myself immediately in a moment of passion. There is, and always will be, documentation on how to kill yourself on the internet, why close a support group?

Trying to understand people like this is always so exhausting.

" "We are determined to do all we can to stop these sites. They prey on the vulnerable and depressed and encourage them life isn't worth living. "

What an absolutely ridiculous statement. These people have no self awareness or willingness to try to understand what their family went through that brought them to suicide. Maybe if they talked to their family members that committed suicide they could have helped, but no, blame the website!
This. This is so fucking true. In real life when you try to talk about this, you get called wrong and crazy for thinking like this. At least here I know someone understands me. Doesn't fucking judge me. God, hypocrites. I would have already try to kill myself and become a vegetable of it weren't for this site.

Reactions: stevieu, Iamamistake, Silvermorning and 5 others
K

Kat!

Elementalist
Sep 30, 2020
Looks like a setup to me.
If you're going to type something up, make sure you have a unique signature, or something no one else knows about you besides your friends.
Total BS.
I'm going to make sure my death is lowkey so this site can stay up.

Reactions: Spitfire, peacechoice, Iamamistake and 7 others
M

Moon Flower

I'll soon be sleeping sound
Oct 14, 2019
I'm sorry, but this seems staged AF. I can understand him not wanting family incarcerated/to face legal repercussions, but this point seems over-the-top emphasized. "Please this isn't my family". The phrasing is odd to me. It's like begging. "... that website" is another one- he was apparently more than familiar with SS. I give the benefit of the doubt in all cases, but I'd ultimately call BS, even despite his contrary posts here.
Damn, I should have been an investigator. I love digging.
Edit: Got a "Wow" react. Not meaning to sound insensitive if I am. FYI if that's what that's about. Could totally be legit, of course... just my feeling.
I kinda think it's staged too, it doesn't even read remotely like any of his posts did

• Love
Reactions: HowNowBrownCow, stevieu, GoodPersonEffed and 5 others
HopelessBorderline

HopelessBorderline

Alive but not living
Oct 29, 2020
I'm fed up. At the end of the day the pro-lifers all preach that we "should speak up" "talk to somebody" and fight for the likes of us to be taken seriously. To not be concerned about "attention seeking"

Here we are surrounded by people taking us very seriously

And the pro-lifers wanna put a stop to it. While advertising this website to the world. I have noticed the member numbers increase lately.

• Love
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, HowNowBrownCow, Iamamistake and 7 others
LenkaX

LenkaX

Maybe there is a hope!
Aug 14, 2020
Oh sh*t... I recommend to download all the important resources (like Stan's Guide) from SS for off-line viewing, in case this site would be deleted (but I hope it will not!)

• Hugs
Reactions: peacechoice, Iamamistake, Deleted member 23586 and 4 others
shay23

shay23

Student
Nov 2, 2020
I just checked the users profile and he was asking if electrocution and house hold items were an easy way to go, he had tried to OD and partial hang before so he had attempted before finding this website, obviously electrocution and house hold items such as bleach are painful, slow or would cause physical irreversible injury instead. It's so sad he chose to commit suicide, I understand the parents pain, he talked about how he was excited for the SN to arrive and was let down by mental health services. If this forum didn't exist he would have still took his life but with a more violent method. He found a way out which was peaceful.
I think more anger should be directed to mental health services and the hospital for not doing more to help him, he had a history of suicide attempts and mental health struggles but it seems they let him down.
May he rest in peace.

• Love
Reactions: Spitfire, Secrets1, peacechoice and 9 others
K

KingoftheFreaks

Nov 21, 2020
got a feeling we are gonna be closed soon.

There is an £8 substance that works? That sounds too good to be true! Anyone know what is was?

If they try and close this we could always go underground.

Reactions: Hyperbunny
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
There is an £8 substance that works? That sounds too good to be true! Anyone know what is was?

If we tell you then they'll accuse us of convincing you to commit suicide. It's against the rules of this website to tell people how to commit suicide or to encourage others to commit suicide.

• Hugs
Reactions: Spitfire, Iamamistake, It'sMyLife and 2 others
mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020

What brings you to this site?

Reactions: Spitfire, Silvermorning and esse_est_percipi
mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020
Where can you get these kits from? Is it dark darkweb or something like that?
Hi fixthe26. Nice to see you here. We don't share such information on the forum, but nice try. Next time put a bit more effort into this.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: degeneratewaste, Ghost2211, elfgyoza and 7 others
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
Where can you get these kits from? Is it dark darkweb or something like that?
"Do NOT:

Post or request personal information, website links, or sources of ANY kind.
  • Don't post personal information of anyone, no matter if the information is public or not, or if you have been given permission or not. This includes posting personal information of providers, of yourself, of someone else, or website links to providers (e.g., amazon, ebay, onions, upload sites, independent sellers). Asking publicly for contacts is also disallowed. If you wish to share information with someone, do so privately, but understand you take responsibility for the risks of doing so."
(Rules and FAQ)

Reactions: Spitfire, Iamamistake, Ghost2211 and 6 others
D

Deleted member 24006

Nov 20, 2020
This is a very sad story. Unfortunately, world population growth and available funding in all countries for health and/or mental health care means this site will continue despite laws and actions to prevent its existence. In the end, we will find a way to end our suffering one way or another - if that is our choice. Maybe we're not dying of cancer, but we are in pain all the same - it is unfair for others to decide which pain(s) merit allowing self-deliverance. Also, given all the factors in each person's life, it's unfair to place all blame on a website. I'm new to the site, but do wonder why one or more SS members don't start a petition like fixthe26 in support of the site and/or publicly comment on articles - with anonymity - to give alternate perspective(s)? This site appears to provide more support for members than going to a damn clinic where you're sat in a circle to talk about .... how you feel .... until the government or health care funds run dry and you're on your own again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Iamamistake, peacechoice, Breadbfra and 6 others
Viceroy

Viceroy

Student
Oct 20, 2020
I don't like how they quote that people can ring Samaritans for help

I've rang Samaritans before and they CAN NOT tell you NOT to kill yourself. They will stay on the phone with you and actively listen to you until you take your last breath if you ask them too. Is this site not the same? Offering support?

You can find methods to kill yourself anywhere on the internet but they want close this site because like-minded people can understand what the person suffering is going through?

I guess pro-lifers just wont ever understand
Samaritans is literally just a place to vent. They don't do anything but listen. Pointless really

Reactions: Hyperbunny, HopelessBorderline, Silvermorning and 2 others