thankyouforthis

thankyouforthis

Jun 13, 2022
I don't expect any replies or anything because this is stupid. I just don't have anyone else I feel comfortable telling this to. I agreed to do something I typically don't believe in-- get married-- and now I deeply regret it. I'm not actually married yet, but I don't think I should marry this person. I also don't know how to rewind properly and get away with calling this off without completely upending what's left of my small, stupid, shitty life.

The only good reason to get married, that I can think of, is as a means of sharing your love for someone with other members of your community. I barely have a community to begin with; my family don't live nearby and I don't speak to all of them, and my friends are similarly scattered and few in number. So this would mostly be the partner's people coming, anyway; yet he hasn't even told many of them, and it's been months. If you're not comfortable telling people you intend to get married...Then maybe you shouldn't, right? And for that matter, I don't think anyone should marry a person who is reluctant to speak about them...

My already barely-there self-esteem is plummeting every single day. I keep asking myself, Is he embarrassed because I'm ugly? Because I'm not as smart or well-read as his hyper-academic, hyper-political friends? Does he have his eye on someone else, and maybe doesn't want that person in particular to find out because he's still hoping to get with them?

I am shocked at how often I've been crying lately; I've never been a huge crier, more like the type who cries maybe once a year at most but does so severely. Now, I still cry severely, but it's been almost every day for a week now. In other words, I've cried more this past week that I have in years-- which, in an odd way, is almost a relief because for a while I wasn't sure I was even still capable of crying. So at least, now I know!

But it would be nice to stop....Especially since I have a lot of work to do today and I cannot afford to just not to work because I'm suicidal...How do you explain that to your boss, exactly? You don't.
I just wish we had never even had any conversations regarding marriage and everything could go back to normal-shitty as opposed to extra-shitty without all of the embarrassment of having to explain to the few people who DO know about this, "Yeah, I've decided to call it off because I'm not sure this person loves me after all. But I'm also not gonna leave this person entirely because....Too.Many.Reasons."

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep, Slow_Farewell, Chocomel and 2 others
curiousfawn

curiousfawn

we'll meet up when its likely that ive already die
Jan 17, 2024
I don't expect any replies or anything because this is stupid. I just don't have anyone else I feel comfortable telling this to. I agreed to do something I typically don't believe in-- get married-- and now I deeply regret it. I'm not actually married yet, but I don't think I should marry this person. I also don't know how to rewind properly and get away with calling this off without completely upending what's left of my small, stupid, shitty life.
i dont think u should get married if ur still on the fence abt it, ik itll probably suck but i feel like being stuck in a loveless miserable marriage will probably turn ur life from average shitty to extremely shitty, explaining to ppl abt why ur not getting married anyone will be awk but idk ig u just have to bite the bullet n get it over with

Reactions: ForgottenAgain and hikikomorizombie
Blackpepperpancake

Blackpepperpancake

Help me to breathe
Nov 22, 2023
If you feel anxious right now there's a high chance that it might get worse after marriage, your top priority is your mental health in this moment, not for the future or for anyone else, you have options that you can choose even though it seems not like it.

Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
Who knows... the result might change you eventually. Not necessarily a better version of you, just a different you, if you push through with it.

It could be as simple as cold feet.