JustABug

JustABug

Sinking in my skin
Aug 18, 2023
I would like to travel somewhere beautiful without telling anyone. Perhaps New Zealand or Switzerland. I would spend a few days to enjoy the place before going on a hike to finally CBT. Has anyone else thought of doing this? I would love to be stoned the whole time to fully disconnect myself from reality before I let go of this life. Would love to hear your thoughts. Maybe places to go or things to do before I cbt?

• Love
Reactions: leavingthesoultrap, DyingToDie123, peace_van and 6 others
Amyend88

Amyend88

A&E
Oct 22, 2023
I have tried this many times and as wonderful as it sounds, you're not in the right space to then perform the deed. Because you're in a happy place you see, so it makes SI and everything else harder.

• Yay!
  • Aww..
Reactions: UnwillingSavior, DyingToDie123, peace_van and 7 others
supergip

supergip

A strange person.
May 13, 2023
I've thought about it, I don't know if it's good or bad, because I read the answer from Amyend88 and it makes sense, besides, to do the CTB, you need to be comfortable, even if it is an incredible trip, probably you don 't speak the local language and don' t know anyone. But that each person can think differently.
I would like to travel somewhere beautiful without telling anyone. Perhaps New Zealand or Switzerland. I would spend a few days to enjoy the place before going on a hike to finally CBT. Has anyone else thought of doing this? I would love to be stoned the whole time to fully disconnect myself from reality before I let go of this life. Would love to hear your thoughts. Maybe places to go or things to do before I cbt?

• Love
Reactions: JustABug and Amyend88
JustABug

JustABug

Sinking in my skin
Aug 18, 2023
I have tried this many times and as wonderful as it sounds, you're not in the right space to then perform the deed. Because you're in a happy place you see, so it makes SI and everything else harder.
I feel like for me this would be good. Even in a happy place I would still be able to follow through with it.
I've thought about it, I don't know if it's good or bad, because I read the answer from Amyend88 and it makes sense, besides, to do the CTB, you need to be comfortable, even if it is an incredible trip, probably you don 't speak the local language and don' t know anyone. But that each person can think differently.
To be honest many people travel without understanding the language which I also believe will be fine for me as no matter what, whether it makes it harder to get a hotel or food, cbt is the main reason for the trip. I think you both have valid points to be honest.

Oneness

Oneness

The eternal awaits
Oct 23, 2023
Would be quite beautiful to leave the world while watching the sun set. One final hike to the top of the mountain and then a peaceful transition to the eternal embrace of the universe.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: peace_van, voyager, Twntysix and 4 others
Ethernatuskoi

Ethernatuskoi

Life is a very bad joke
Oct 24, 2023
I would like to travel to several places, but there is one specific place that fascinates me because of its beauty... Norway. I would like to travel there because it seems to be a peaceful place, has a wonderful natural landscapes and has the famous Midnight Sun, something i've always wanted to see. I would also like to see the Nothern Lights in person, but i think that is a distant dream for me.

It may seem silly, but these are things that i really admire and that if i could see with my own eyes, i would be satisfied.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: peace_van, voyager, Oneness and 1 other person
JustABug

JustABug

Sinking in my skin
Aug 18, 2023
I would like to travel to several places, but there is one specific place that fascinates me because of its beauty... Norway. I would like to travel there because it seems to be a peaceful place, has a wonderful natural landscapes and has the famous Midnight Sun, something i've always wanted to see. I would also like to see the Nothern Lights in person, but i think that is a distant dream for me.

It may seem silly, but these are things that i really admire and that if i could see with my own eyes, i would be satisfied.
This is not silly at all, that sounds beautiful. This is exactly how I feel with my plan. I also believe mine is a distant dream but what's really stopping you or me from just going for it?

S

SafferGuy

Oct 27, 2023
If I could travel somewhere beautiful and be self sufficient I probably wouldn't want to catch the bus

L

LostInTheWoods

Oct 28, 2023
I also thought about this, it would be nice to die in the middle of the nature, or maybe by hypothermia...one final travel in some cold and snowy region, last days in a luxury hotel and then the final hike in which i will lay in underwear with -20 degrees celsius plus alcohol

• Love
Reactions: peace_van, wiinterfrost, voyager and 1 other person
Amyend88

Amyend88

A&E
Oct 22, 2023
I also thought about this, it would be nice to die in the middle of the nature, or maybe by hypothermia...one final travel in some cold and snowy region, last days in a luxury hotel and then the final hike in which i will lay in underwear with -20 degrees celsius plus alcohol
I've attempted hypothermia and it's not an easy method, nor a reliable one. It sounds simple, but the reality is very different. There's a reason why it's not a common method used.

Beyond_Repair

Beyond_Repair

Disheartened Ghost
Oct 27, 2023
I've attempted hypothermia and it's not an easy method, nor a reliable one. It sounds simple, but the reality is very different. There's a reason why it's not a common method used.
I've always heard it's peaceful, like falling asleep. Is this not the case?

L

LostInTheWoods

Oct 28, 2023
i imagine and that's why i would drink a lot before laying in the ground, so even i will be in pain i won't move

• Love
Reactions: JustABug and Amyend88
L

LostInTheWoods

Oct 28, 2023
What if I travel to the US this december, I go in some lost national parks you guys have and I die there, maybe jumping from a cliff? Of course I cant I know, even because in the moment I dont' succed, I cant even imagine the chaos I would have between maybe touristic VISA expired, hospital bills impossible to pay etc, but I would so romantic, traveling really far from all of this and dying in the nature.
Wow in Montana there is Helena, the same name of the person i miss the most, i want to die in that state then, i also know it's a mountain state so is perfect

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: JustABug and voyager
Division Day

Division Day

It's life that scares me to death
Oct 28, 2023
It reminds me of the Japanese woman who supposedly flew to Fargo in the winter and died of exposure in a field because she was out looking for the money buried in the film, believing it was a true story. It turned out that she was heartbroken and miserable and just went there to die.

Do you mind me asking how it felt and what went wrong?

I considered hypothermia but ruled it out for now because it's not cold enough. That's a bummer if even a walk in the woods in a T shirt in a UK January wouldn't do it.

• Love
Reactions: JustABug
Amyend88

Amyend88

A&E
Oct 22, 2023
Do you mind me asking how it felt and what went wrong?

I considered hypothermia but ruled it out for now because it's not cold enough. That's a bummer if even a walk in the woods in a T shirt in a UK January wouldn't do it.
It wasn't painful at all, but extremely uncomfortable and prolonged. SI will soon takeover, so unless you're in the middle of nowhere with no escape and high levels of alcohol or other drugs inside you, then you'll likely do everything you can to keep warm and find a way out of it.

Remember, it's not just about how cold it is, there's many other factors involved i.e the wind, the rain, what you're wearing, what you've eaten, what you've drunk, how long you've been exposed to the elements etc etc. Obviously if you were dropped at the top of Everest butt naked, then yeah, that'll be quick..

People have died of hypothermia in temperatures way above 0°c. A T-shirt in January could work, but it all depends on all of those factors and more. The most problematic part is if you fall unconscious, you would likely be alive for a significant period still, so you have to factor in not being found for a long old while.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: peace_van and JustABug
voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
I'm on the fence on this, you're not wrong, nor right, it depends on one's situation. Yes, I too made a trip in 2001 to the Caribbean, and wanted to end it there, but was so poorly prepared that I just went back home after a few days, and yet a few months later I was at the train tracks about to do it.
I would also like to see the Nothern Lights in person, but i think that is a distant dream for me.
Something like this perhaps? 🙂
Thisperhaps 1 Thisperhaps 2
What if I travel to the US this december, I go in some lost national parks you guys have and I die there, maybe jumping from a cliff?
Have had the same thought, anything between Whitehorse/Canada and the West/Midwest-Grand Canyon has long appealed to me. Just the seclusion and vastness. Would probably lean towards the deserts but forests are fine too.

Also considered, the Far East (Thailand, Bali,+AUS) or islands, but am not sure how easy it would be to set things up there (SN). Even Yemen to buy a gun.
It's what I plan to do. Absolutely hate the place I'm at. There's houses all over, the landscape doesn't appeal to me, the weather is lousy, and there's people literally everywhere, which may lead to detection when doing it in nature. But more than that it was a welfare check that made me despise this country.

I've found a beautiful and secluded spot in the EU. Still have to get SN there, but other than that have made some necessary arrangements and sorted out the logistics. There are still some obligations left and do want the weather to play along, and while this may sound like procrastination, to me it's the last service I'm going to do myself after so many years. Therefore, fantasy, yes, but implemented into reality.

The option to hang myself from the stairs in the cellar will remain so.

• Love
Reactions: peace_van, JustABug and Amyend88
Amyend88

Amyend88

A&E
Oct 22, 2023
I'm on the fence on this, you're not wrong, nor right, it depends on one's situation. Yes, I too made a trip in 2001 to the Caribbean, and wanted to end it there, but was so poorly prepared that I just went back home after a few days, and yet a few months later I was at the train tracks about to do it.
Well there you go. I've come to believe that the date chooses us, for fate is a funny thing..

• Love
Reactions: JustABug and voyager
I

imrantahir1208

Oct 22, 2023
I would honestly only travel to a place which would help me CTB not for the destination itself. I am willing to go an unpeaceful place as long as they can assure a pain free CTB

• Love
Reactions: MollerPlesset and JustABug
Beyond_Repair

Beyond_Repair

Disheartened Ghost
Oct 27, 2023
I'm going to travel when I do it. I don't want my family to have to find me. I want to cause as little suffering as possible when I go.

I'll probably go for a solo "road trip", see all of the sights in the US I've wanted to see, then at the end CTB. I can't decide whether to hike to a remote location in the woods or overdose in the comfort of a nice hotel. The issue with the hotel is I'd feel bad about some unsuspecting worker coming across my body :/

• Love
Reactions: UnwillingSavior, voyager, peace_van and 1 other person
wiinterfrost

wiinterfrost

it only gets worse..
Oct 8, 2023
in 2018 i went to iceland in the winter because i wanted to die by hyporthermia but it ended up a huge failure.
i constantly think about jumping off a cliff into the ocean so that my body can be lost underwater and never be found... but i have neither funds nor the ability to go anywhere, so i'll probably have to opt for the local forest and pray that no one finds the body

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: voyager and JustABug
JustABug

JustABug

Sinking in my skin
Aug 18, 2023
I'm going to travel when I do it. I don't want my family to have to find me. I want to cause as little suffering as possible when I go.

I'll probably go for a solo "road trip", see all of the sights in the US I've wanted to see, then at the end CTB. I can't decide whether to hike to a remote location in the woods or overdose in the comfort of a nice hotel. The issue with the hotel is I'd feel bad about some unsuspecting worker coming across my body :/
Thats beautiful
in 2018 i went to iceland in the winter because i wanted to die by hyporthermia but it ended up a huge failure.
i constantly think about jumping off a cliff into the ocean so that my body can be lost underwater and never be found... but i have neither funds nor the ability to go anywhere, so i'll probably have to opt for the local forest and pray that no one finds the body
I think someone will definitely find your body but hopefully it'll be a while after you pass :)

Reactions: Beyond_Repair and wiinterfrost
carnivalforone

carnivalforone

Experienced
Sep 29, 2023
im planning to move to new zealand on a student visa for 2024 semester one and ctb'ing in the south island. ive told everyone im going to auckland uni but thats a lie, nz is a really beautiful place though im probably gonna go around the islands a few times before i venture out and ctb in a forest somewhere. i will just have disappeared for everyone including my parents

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: LonelyKitten, DyingToDie123, JustABug and 1 other person
JustABug

JustABug

Sinking in my skin
Aug 18, 2023
im planning to move to new zealand on a student visa for 2024 semester one and ctb'ing in the south island. ive told everyone im going to auckland uni but thats a lie, nz is a really beautiful place though im probably gonna go around the islands a few times before i venture out and ctb in a forest somewhere. i will just have disappeared for everyone including my parents
Wishing you best <3

DyingToDie123

DyingToDie123

she/her
Oct 25, 2023
ooh, this is tempting. I thought about going to South America to get N but don't speak Spanish which would probably make things difficult. I would like to see some more of the world before I ctb. Not enough to stop me from ctb'ing beforehand, but if I had it my way, I would. Probably shouldn't add more credit card debt for my parents to deal with even if they did kind of fuck me over.

• Love
Reactions: voyager and JustABug
K

k1w1

Experienced
Feb 16, 2022
wrong place......over regulated, highly expensive to live. What method were you going to use....tramping to death? Try somewhere where youll get the meds you need,

carnivalforone

carnivalforone

Experienced
Sep 29, 2023
wrong place......over regulated, highly expensive to live. What method were you going to use....tramping to death? Try somewhere where youll get the meds you need,
hanging... and south island is not as regulated

M

mia_qwerty

Student
Apr 13, 2023
Would it be worth trying mushrooms before you go? Incase they have a message for you?

• Love
Reactions: JustABug
asleep00

asleep00

Nov 11, 2023
I have thought about getting on a train and being able to watch sceneries pass by while I die, like ctb but catch the train lol

Also, will graham!!! I'm so sorry everytime I see his face my brain sparks with dopamine lol

Reactions: MollerPlesset and JustABug
JustABug

JustABug

Sinking in my skin
Aug 18, 2023
I have thought about getting on a train and being able to watch sceneries pass by while I die, like ctb but catch the train lol

Also, will graham!!! I'm so sorry everytime I see his face my brain sparks with dopamine lol
Lolol !!! Yes it's Will !!!