gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
You'll think twice after you see this. Guy jumps from a building in Paris (height unknown to me) and impales himself rectally on a pole. One of those poles that are about 3' high, set up in a row as a barrier to protect the building from cars.

*WARNING*

You will not be able to unsee this. I saw it on Reddit before I knew what I was getting into, and it is straight-up the most horrifying thing I have ever looked at. I usually avoid videos & images like this, but l really had little idea what I was getting into. I regret it, so... proceed at your own risk.

I'd recommend just looking at the still (if you must) where you can see the pole protruding internally under the victim's L shoulder as EMS treats him.

That's right, he didn't die on impact. Think of this as a cautionary tale for potential jumpers to have a really, really good look at the ground below and any fixtures on it.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=s07G8_1538483948

Reactions: Circles, Lifeisatrap, Crest33 and 10 others
[NoName]

[NoName]

Student
Nov 15, 2018
I remember this, god it's awful :'(.

When I was thinking about jumping off a cliff I worried about hitting rocks or something and not dying on impact.

What we would have to go through to die is ridiculous.

Reactions: ShornSoloists, Nigh, stormy_night and 9 others
therhydler

therhydler

Enlightened
Dec 7, 2018
I'm not going to watch this, but for me jumping is a method for the bravest... I would never be able to do it. But then again, I onced jumped into a pool from 5m and I would never do that again either... I guess I'm just a chicken

Reactions: ShornSoloists, Circles, Lifeisatrap and 5 others
Xerxes

Xerxes

Invisible
Nov 8, 2018
As a once great actor said..."Aim for the bushes"

But seriously, yes, be sure to scope out the landing area before you jump. There was a video of a dude who impaled himself on an iron gate, with the pointy end going through his chin and out his mouth from a 4 story drop. He lived and suffered needlessly for years. Getting a pole impaled up your ass is not a great way to go.

Other hazards:
1. People: Nothing like ruining another person's day by landing on them
2. Ledges: Hong Kong suicides are notorious for people hitting a ledge on the way down, leg first or hip first, before smacking the ground
3. Pointy fences: See above paragraph
4. Street lamps: Yes it is possible to impale yourself on a street lamp

Reactions: Circles, Nessa, Lifeisatrap and 4 others
therhydler

therhydler

Enlightened
Dec 7, 2018
Wow... I'm starting to think hanging really is the way to go

Reactions: stargazer, Circles, Lifeisatrap and 4 others
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
I remember this, god it's awful :'(.

When I was thinking about jumping off a cliff I worried about hitting rocks or something and not dying on impact.

What we would have to go through to die is ridiculous.

Again, I don't know the height, but the guy lands on his ass, sitting upright, legs extended. I don't think the impact (minus the fucking pole) would've killed him. Shattered pelvis, coccyx, spinal compression & vertebral fractures, etc, but it doesn't look fatal to me.

Reactions: Circles, Lifeisatrap and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Xerxes

Xerxes

Invisible
Nov 8, 2018
They said he died on the way to the hospital.

Reactions: stargazer, Circles, Kitsunefox and 3 others
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
As a once great actor said..."Aim for the bushes"

But seriously, yes, be sure to scope out the landing area before you jump. There was a video of a dude who impaled himself on an iron gate, with the pointy end going through his chin and out his mouth from a 4 story drop. He lived and suffered needlessly for years. Getting a pole impaled up your ass is not a great way to go.

Other hazards:
1. People: Nothing like ruining another person's day by landing on them
2. Ledges: Hong Kong suicides are notorious for people hitting a ledge on the way down, leg first or hip first, before smacking the ground
3. Pointy fences: See above paragraph
4. Street lamps: Yes it is possible to impale yourself on a street lamp

This. All of this. Also, minimum 7 stories.

Reactions: Circles, Lifeisatrap and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
They said he died on the way to the hospital.
I know. And that doesn't include the time he spent sitting there waiting, and the team trying to figure out how to extricate him.

Reactions: stargazer, Lifeisatrap, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
I'm not going to watch this, but for me jumping is a method for the bravest... I would never be able to do it. But then again, I onced jumped into a pool from 5m and I would never do that again either... I guess I'm just a chicken
I support you not doing this again. I am not a fan of spinal cord injuries.

Reactions: stargazer, Lifeisatrap and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Xerxes

Xerxes

Invisible
Nov 8, 2018
Also if you're jumping from a bridge over water. Make sure there's no floating buoys with antennas, debris in the water, or a boat passing underneath.

Reactions: stargazer, Lifeisatrap, Salvacion and 3 others
therhydler

therhydler

Enlightened
Dec 7, 2018
I support you not doing this again. I am not a fan of spinal cord injuries.

It was a special place for jumping... my spinal injury is from a truck;)

Reactions: stargazer, Circles, Lifeisatrap and 1 other person
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
It was a special place for jumping... my spinal injury is from a truck;)
Oh god, I didn't know you had a SCI!! I'm sorry to hear that.

Reactions: stargazer, Lifeisatrap, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
F

furax53

Student
Nov 13, 2018
oui il est mort que ah l'hôpital est une connaissance ah moi travaillant comme pompier paris qui l'a envoyé à l'hôpital il m'a dit que c'était horrible de voir le gars

Reactions: Circles, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and gingerplum
therhydler

therhydler

Enlightened
Dec 7, 2018
Oh god, I didn't know you had a SCI!! I'm sorry to hear that.

Luckily my spinal cord is intact, just the spine was broken. It's already fixed x

Reactions: stargazer, Lifeisatrap, Salvacion and 1 other person
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
oui il est mort que ah l'hôpital est une connaissance ah moi travaillant comme pompier paris qui l'a envoyé à l'hôpital il m'a dit que c'était horrible de voir le gars

Translation: Yes, he died at the hospital. An acquaintance of mine works as firefighter in Paris, who sent him to the hospital. He told me it was horrible to see the guy.

Reactions: Circles, Duqu, Lifeisatrap and 1 other person
Sanguinius

Sanguinius

Chicken of ss
Aug 9, 2018
I think you have to make sure that you jump off a high enough buildings or bridge etc. I think over 100m with hard ground below, 200m with water below.
Of course you have to look what you're jumping on. No bushes, no trees. No people. No fucking poles.

Does anyone knows which way you should land the best?

Reactions: stargazer, Circles, Nessa and 4 others
F

furax53

Student
Nov 13, 2018
excuse me my translator shit by moment

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and gingerplum
M

MsM3talGamer

Voluntary deletion
Nov 28, 2018
You'll think twice after you see this. Guy jumps from a building in Paris (height unknown to me) and impales himself rectally on a pole. One of those poles that are about 3' high, set up in a row as a barrier to protect the building from cars.

*WARNING*

You will not be able to unsee this. I saw it on Reddit before I knew what I was getting into, and it is straight-up the most horrifying thing I have ever looked at. I usually avoid videos & images like this, but l really had little idea what I was getting into. I regret it, so... proceed at your own risk.

I'd recommend just looking at the still (if you must) where you can see the pole protruding internally under the victim's L shoulder as EMS treats him.

That's right, he didn't die on impact. Think of this as a cautionary tale for potential jumpers to have a really, really good look at the ground below and any fixtures on it.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=s07G8_1538483948
There's a follow-up video of him having the pole removed before he died in hospital. For some reason the medic looked quite cheerful. Poor guy.

Reactions: stargazer, Circles and Lifeisatrap
F

furax53

Student
Nov 13, 2018
I think you have to make sure that you jump off a high enough buildings or bridge etc. I think over 100m with hard ground below, 200m with water below.
Of course you have to look what you're jumping on. No bushes, no trees. No people. No fucking poles.

Does anyone knows which way you should land the best?

the best is to fall on concrete road style

Reactions: Circles and Lifeisatrap
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
No worries. I translated for you, mon amie :)

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and furax53
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
I would never because A) what I survive that shit and B) I'm guessing it's an extremely painful way to CTB considering what happens to your body. I also don't want to make a scene.

Reactions: stargazer, Circles, Lifeisatrap and 1 other person
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
There's a follow-up video of him having the pole removed before he died in hospital. For some reason the medic looked quite cheerful. Poor guy.
They let someone film that?!? OMFG.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap
F

furax53

Student
Nov 13, 2018
[QUOTE = "gingerplum, post: 157347, membre: 3804"] Pas de soucis. J'ai traduit pour vous, mon amie:) [/ DEVIS]

I thank you

Reactions: Circles, Lifeisatrap and gingerplum
M

MsM3talGamer

Voluntary deletion
Nov 28, 2018
They let someone film that?!? OMFG.
Yeah. I can't remember where I saw the link. Maybe Reddit. That pole was humongous. I'll send you the link if I can find it.

Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Typical, they try to save his life... So fucking cruel and stupid... The best thing to do is put a bullet in his head after that shit. What kind of life can you live after just being impaled at a high speed by a massive metal dildo.

Reactions: Amber1974, stargazer, Circles and 3 others
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
Yeah. I can't remember where I saw the link. Maybe Reddit. That pole was humongous. I'll send you the link if I can find it.

Oh no, but thank you! I saw the size of the pole, and I imagine his viscera was pouring out of the hole it left. I can't have that image burned into my brain.

gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
Typical, they try to save his life... So fucking cruel and stupid... The best thing to do is put a bullet in his head after that shit. What kind of life can you live after just being impaled at a high speed by a massive metal dildo.

Heartily agree, but EMS has no choice.

Reactions: Severen and Lifeisatrap
M

MsM3talGamer

Voluntary deletion
Nov 28, 2018
Oh no, but thank you! I saw the size of the pole, and I imagine his viscera was pouring out of the hole it left. I can't have that image burned into my brain.
It wasn't as gory as I expected. Luckily he was unconscious by then. The most disturbing thing was the wide grin on the medic's face. It seemed pretty heartless to be smiling at that moment.

Reactions: Circles and Lifeisatrap