• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

bijou

bijou

meow meow meow
Jan 23, 2023
so basically i have discovered, as much as i try, i can't really function without some kind of medication. i'm on a waitlist for a psychiatric consultation, but i need meds now or else i know the worst will happen. i wrote a note the other day and contemplated buying benzocaine in lieu of sn. so i think i may need crisis intervention now. when i've been on the right meds i seem to be able to function very well.

i actually want to get better, and don't want to get to the point of my crippling sadness becoming apart of my identity.

i have a therapy appointment today, so i think i'll tell her how i'm feeling and take her recommendations from there. the hospital in my area has a crisis intervention centre where i don't have to stay inpatient, but can get referrals. i'm hoping for the best, wish me luck everyone!

if anyone has advice on how i should proceed, or speak about this with her, feel free to leave it below.

TransilvanianHunger

TransilvanianHunger

Grave with a view...
Jan 22, 2023
Hey, I'm sorry things have been on the tough side for you lately.

Seeking support definitely sounds like a good idea, especially if you have an appointment with your therapist today. Let her know how you've been doing, the biggest changes you've noticed since you've been off the medication, and do let her know very clearly that you need to take action as soon as possible to solve this. Hopefully your therapist will be able to pick up on that last part, but I'd err on the side of caution, you don't want her to think "well, let's wait until our next appointment and see how you're doing then".

Don't really have a lot more in the way of advice, I'm afraid, but I'm glad to see you're determined to take whatever actions are needed to get better. I wish you luck, strength, and clarity. You've got this :)

Sulyya

Sulyya

Synergist
Mar 6, 2023
I guess my only advice is that if your therapist seems like an honest person, you should be honest also so this plan is good, and I do wish you luck!

• Love
Reactions: bijou