Student
Jul 21, 2020
Do I have the right steps now:

- put bag on forehead
- squeeze out air
- turn on the (argon) gas to 32 CFM
- wait for bag to filled up
- Breathe out as much as possible
- Pull down bag - (do I have the elastic set for the right tightness before doing this or do I wait till I pull it down to tighten it. I think the former)
- Breathe in as much as possible
- Then breathe normally and it should be over soon?

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: profoundexperience, LetzteAusfahrt, SipSop and 3 others
Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
32cfm (cubic foot per minute) is over 900LPM!!!! What is going on!!!!!

Reactions: lmon, Stepheng7287 and profoundexperience
R

rancho

Student
Jul 21, 2020
Maybe somebody can tell me just if I've made a mistake and/or what type of testing and practice should be done (since that seems to be emphasized here)

LetzteAusfahrt

LetzteAusfahrt

Swiss gay, will definitely ctb on October 10th
Jun 27, 2020
Your process is correct.
You can practice pulling the bag down so that you know the process.

Tie the rubber band together properly beforehand, as long as you can still pull the bag down.

After pulling down the bag you can breathe normally but deeply. It is important to breathe in and out deeply. If you breathe too shallowly, the air exchange in the lungs is poorer and C02 can accumulate.

With the ctb you can sit / lie on your hands after fixing the bag.
This is not necessary, but it minimizes the possibility of your hands reaching for the bag when you are unconscious

I have no experience with argon and I don't know exactly what you will experience in the few seconds.

I only know that I was gone after 5-6 breaths on He and N2. Just go away.

You can look forward to the most pleasant trip I think is possible.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: FriendofDeath, Ghost2211, Lostandlooking and 7 others
R

rancho

Student
Jul 21, 2020
Your process is correct.
You can practice pulling the bag down so that you know the process.

Tie the rubber band together properly beforehand, as long as you can still pull the bag down.

After pulling down the bag you can breathe normally but deeply. It is important to breathe in and out deeply. If you breathe too shallowly, the air exchange in the lungs is poorer and C02 can accumulate.

With the ctb you can sit / lie on your hands after fixing the bag.
This is not necessary, but it minimizes the possibility of your hands reaching for the bag when you are unconscious

I have no experience with argon and I don't know exactly what you will experience in the few seconds.

You can look forward to the most pleasant trip I think is possible.

I might have missed one thing to buy. Do I really need to use an oxygen sensor to measure that. I bought pure argon, not a mixture of anything.

Also, is there some rule of thumb for how to measure that the elastic is "snug but not tight?"

LetzteAusfahrt

LetzteAusfahrt

Jun 27, 2020
How do you come up with an oxygen sensor? It is absolutely not necessary.

Helium is sometimes mixed as a balloon gas. But argon is used for other things and is sold pure.

You don't have to worry too much about the rubber band. It does not matter. The rubber band is not intended for sealing. It is to climb the bag and must not close tightly

Reactions: Homecoming, profoundexperience and rancho
R

rancho

Student
Jul 21, 2020

Helium is sometimes mixed as a balloon gas. But argon is used for other things and is sold pure.

You don't have to worry too much about the rubber band. It does not matter. The rubber band is not intended for sealing. It is to climb the bag and must not close tightly

The oxygen sensor is in the PPH.

The CO2 has to come out of the bag at the bottom, so that's why you don't want it too tight?

LetzteAusfahrt

LetzteAusfahrt

Jun 27, 2020
Absolutely correct, the CO2 must be able to escape.

Reactions: profoundexperience and rancho
Deleted-User-0

Deleted-User-0

Experienced
Jan 30, 2020
Do I have the right steps now:

- put bag on forehead
- squeeze out air
- turn on the (argon) gas to 32 CFM
- wait for bag to filled up
- Breathe out as much as possible
- Pull down bag - (do I have the elastic set for the right tightness before doing this or do I wait till I pull it down to tighten it. I think the former)
- Breathe in as much as possible
- Then breathe normally and it should be over soon?

Is your Argon completely odourless? I have tank of Argon and it has a funny smell to it.
Some welders on this forum also mentioned they smell Argon specifically while welding.
I still remember the smell in my nose and lungs for few hours after my tests.
My tests were very reckless I went to the verge of unconsciousness so not recommended at all.

Reactions: rancho
W

WearyOfStruggling

Male, 54
May 23, 2020
Is your Argon completely odourless? I have tank of Argon and it has a funny smell to it.
Some welders on this forum also mentioned they smell Argon specifically while welding.
My tests were very reckless I went to the verge of unconsciousness so not recommended at all.
I copied the following from Wikipedia:
Argon is colorless, odorless, nonflammable and nontoxic as a solid, liquid or gas.

If you experienced an odor, you must have had some contaminant in the system.

Reactions: profoundexperience, LetzteAusfahrt, Greenberg and 2 others
R

rancho

Student
Jul 21, 2020

I have not noticed an odor.

What were you testing for? I know you got closer than you wanted, but what were you specifically looking to find out?

LetzteAusfahrt

LetzteAusfahrt

Jun 27, 2020
I'm just testing things out. Does it take a real long time for the bag to get totally full?
Sorry for my long response times, I'm still struggling with the major depression phase.

How long it takes to fill the bag depends on the size of the bag and the flow rate set. I can only tell you my experience of about 30 seconds.

Reactions: profoundexperience
Deleted-User-0

Deleted-User-0

Experienced
Jan 30, 2020
I have not noticed an odor.

What were you testing for? I know you got closer than you wanted, but what were you specifically looking to find out?

I was extremely curious about that 20 second knock out also curious in general how the body reacts toward inhaling inert gas and whether SI kicks in or not as all I knew was theory. But it was all true the only thing bothered me was the oder of the Argon as @WearyOfStruggling mentioned most probably the gas has some sort of contamination.

Reactions: rancho and profoundexperience
T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
Maybe some places add a smell to it as a warning - so people can't accidentally be overcome with it? I think they do it with things like antifreeze so it tastes bitter instead of sweet?

Reactions: FriendofDeath
LetzteAusfahrt

LetzteAusfahrt

Jun 27, 2020
As others said, argon is odorless. If your argon smells, then you definitely don't have pure gas. The only question is what is mixed in. As long as it is not oxygen, it should also work with it.

It's just not sure how it works. Whether it can cause unnecessary pain

profoundexperience

profoundexperience

You can feel the punishment but you cant commit ts
Jun 29, 2020
If I understand you correctly and you're willing to discuss, how are you still here then, @LetzteAusfahrt ?
Sorry for my long response times, I'm still struggling with the major depression phase.
I think I can say that many of us understand: I can only login to SS every so often (my energy/concentration gets so low due to depression).

• Hugs
Reactions: LetzteAusfahrt
LetzteAusfahrt

LetzteAusfahrt

Jun 27, 2020
I was extremely curious about that 20 second knock out also curious in general how the body reacts toward inhaling inert gas and whether SI kicks in or not as all I knew was theory. But it was all true the only thing bothered me was the oder of the Argon as @WearyOfStruggling mentioned most probably the gas has some sort of contamination.
So you've tried it.
Did you notice anything with argon before you passed out? Or is it like with nitrogen that you are simply "gone" without noticing anything?

profoundexperience

profoundexperience

Jun 29, 2020
Do I really need to use an oxygen sensor
The oxygen sensor is in the PPH.
I don't think there should be enough time for a finger oxygen sensor to tell one much (there's a slight delay between when one's blood oxygen decreases at one's core and that blood reaches extremities).

I plan to use time as my "go-no-go": If I'm not unconscious in ~60 (maybe 90) seconds... something's "wrong" and I plan to abort. Much easier to monitor a clock than to be thinking about a pulse-ox... I think.

Reactions: FriendofDeath, rancho and LetzteAusfahrt
LetzteAusfahrt

LetzteAusfahrt

Jun 27, 2020
If I understand you correctly and you're willing to discuss, how are you still here then ?
Are you asking why I am still alive when I have passed out several times with He and N2?

Or why I'm still alive even though I have a functioning nitrogen system at hand
:wink:

Reactions: Thinking and profoundexperience
Deleted-User-0

Deleted-User-0

Experienced
Jan 30, 2020
So you've tried it.
Did you notice anything with argon before you passed out? Or is it like with nitrogen that you are simply "gone" without noticing anything?

I simply didn't feel anything at all just got lightheaded and was going to pass out then immediately pulled out the bag was very tempting though to let go :))
I didn't even pay attention to the odour but for the next few hours that smell was bothering me

Reactions: Stepheng7287, LetzteAusfahrt and profoundexperience
profoundexperience

profoundexperience

Jun 29, 2020
Are you asking why I am still alive when I have passed out several times with He and N2?

Or why I'm still alive even though I have a functioning nitrogen system at hand
:wink:
More the former: If you've "passed out several times with He and N2"... what was going on? (if you're willing to discuss)

Interested in your latter as well, though... I too have a "functioning nitrogen system 'at hand'".

Lastsauce

Lastsauce

Experienced
Dec 22, 2019
@Diver_K_A I was also curious about the claim it could take upto 60 seconds to lose consciousness.
I did my test by taping an oven bag to a wall so I would fall out of it and held the elastic cord by hand.

• Hugs
Reactions: Mare Imbrium and LetzteAusfahrt
profoundexperience

profoundexperience

Jun 29, 2020
I did my test by taping an oven bag to a wall so I would fall out of it and held the elastic cord by hand.
That's an interesting idea... May I ask what happened? (in as much detail as possible), @Lastsauce.

Deleted-User-0

Deleted-User-0

Experienced
Jan 30, 2020
@Diver_K_A I was also curious about the claim it could take upto 60 seconds to lose consciousness.

Interesting approach .. could you please share the outcome of your experience?

LetzteAusfahrt

LetzteAusfahrt

Jun 27, 2020
More the former: If you've "passed out several times with He and N2"... what was going on? (if you're willing to discuss)

Interested in your latter as well, though... I too have a "functioning nitrogen system 'at hand'".
Of course, I made the experiments in such a way that I breathed normal room air again after passing out.
With my nitrogen system with diving mask, I only pressed the mask to my face with my hand. When passed out, the hand with the mask fell down.

It was a little different with helium, there were two of us. Good friends who trusted each other with life.
We carried out the tests as normal while sitting, each of which had the task of removing the bag from the other's head after the person passed out.

By the way, I am ready for any discussion and have no secrets :wink:

• Love
Reactions: rancho, Deleted-User-0 and profoundexperience
Lastsauce

Lastsauce

Experienced
Dec 22, 2019
@profoundexperience @Diver_K_A I posted something about it a while ago here https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/what-is-your-preferred-method.41732/post-764823

Not great details but I really couldn't precisely tell how long it took to pass out, I was even looking straight at a stopwatch.
My guesstimate is 15-20 seconds.

Deleted-User-0

Deleted-User-0

Experienced
Jan 30, 2020
Of course, I made the experiments in such a way that I breathed normal room air again after passing out.
With my nitrogen system with diving mask, I only pressed the mask to my face with my hand. When passed out, the hand with the mask fell down.

It was a little different with helium, there were two of us. Good friends who trusted each other with life.
We carried out the tests as normal while sitting, each of which had the task of removing the bag from the other's head after the person passed out.

By the way, I am ready for any discussion and have no secrets :wink:

How different was it with helium?