Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I always followed trends before I got sick, always wanted to be normal like everyone to blend in. So things that were a must have are now just a waste of money.

Beats studio headset cost me 400 euros when it came out. With time all the leather wore off and looks horrible now. That money would be handy now for me.
Beats Studio beat pill speakers , also a waste of money to me, got the red ones, barely lasts an hour without being connected to the plug since day one, also expensive and these days tacky.
Abrecombie & Fitch was huge and expensive trend and wore it to blend in, now loads in the closet I barely use.
And many more items huge at the time and now just wasted money…

would love to hear your opinion on your favourite things that are no longer relevant, these days I wouldn't buy any of those to blend in.

Reactions: GentleJerk, ImsooDone1N, Foresight and 1 other person
PreussenBlueJay

PreussenBlueJay

Too short for Frederick William I’s Guards
Jan 18, 2022
Firearms. Have quite a few and spent more than I care to think. Haven't mustered the will to take them to the range, shoot, come back, disassemble, clean, reassemble, store. Takes too much time and energy.
Collector's editions of video games. Lot of extra money spent and only too late do I realize I don't care about all the extra crap (usually).
PVC figure collection. A true testament to my searching for an identity and reason to live. Saw pictures of massive collections in glass cases and thought I too would do something like that. Then it passed quickly. Out the money and further from achieving my ideal life.

• Informative
  • Hugs
Reactions: GentleJerk, ImsooDone1N, Crazy4u and 6 others
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Firearms. Have quite a few and spent more than I care to think. Haven't mustered the will to take them to the range, shoot, come back, disassemble, clean, reassemble, store. Takes too much time and energy.
Collector's editions of video games. Lot of extra money spent and only too late do I realize I don't care about all the extra crap (usually).
PVC figure collection. A true testament to my searching for an identity and reason to live. Saw pictures of massive collections in glass cases and thought I too would do something like that. Then it passed quickly. Out the money and further from achieving my ideal life.
I wish I had a small firearm. In Europe almost impossible to get one.

• Hugs
Reactions: ImsooDone1N and Rogue Proxy
PreussenBlueJay

PreussenBlueJay

Jan 18, 2022
I wish I had a small firearm. In Europe almost impossible to get one.
Handguns aren't so bad to maintain and there's little risk of over-penetration with them if you do have to use one. Plus they are affordable. I don't regret those at least.

Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

“Ye shall be as gods..🍎 🐍”
Jun 22, 2021
A wizard thong. Never found a fellow wizard who can appreciate it :'(

• Aww..
  • Informative
Reactions: Manaaja, GentleJerk, ImsooDone1N and 4 others
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Handguns aren't so bad to maintain and there's little risk of over-penetration with them if you do have to use one. Plus they are affordable. I don't regret those at least.
My dream was always a Magnum! Not even In the black market here I would get it, there's none! I work crazy hours, even at 3am sometimes. I would feel so much safer with one. I'm not from the uk but did you know that their police doesn't carry any guns? Only plastic handcuffs. It's insane isn't it? Europe is sigh…..
A wizard thong. Never found a fellow wizard who can appreciate it :'(
I'm a big Harry Potter fan, always wanted to buy one when I went to the studio Tour. Was out of stock. Maybe better this way, would be another thing hanging somewhere hidden. I have a scary movie mask on my wall. shines at night. Creepy. But I like it. :hug:

• Hugs
Reactions: ImsooDone1N and Snake of Eden
PreussenBlueJay

PreussenBlueJay

Jan 18, 2022
My dream was always a Magnum! Not even In the black market here I would get it, there's none! I work crazy hours, even at 3am sometimes. I would feel so much safer with one. I'm not from the uk but did you know that their police doesn't carry any guns? Only plastic handcuffs. It's insane isn't it? Europe is sigh…..
A Dirty Harry Magnum or like a Desert Eagle, semi-automatic Magnum? I remember my instructor saying, "Make sure there aren't two or three people standing behind the one you shoot, you're gonna get all of 'em." I think I heard before that the police in the UK don't have firearms, I remember that meme with ten or so officers running around a guy with a knife and no one can subdue him with Yakety Sax playing.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: ImsooDone1N and Sherri
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
A Dirty Harry Magnum or like a Desert Eagle, semi-automatic Magnum? I remember my instructor saying, "Make sure there aren't two or three people standing behind the one you shoot, you're gonna get all of 'em." I think I heard before that the police in the UK don't have firearms, I remember that meme with ten or so officers running around a guy with a knife and no one can subdue him with Yakety Sax playing.
Yup that police just runs and never gets them, in a dangerous city like some parts of London at night. They rely on the video cameras they have all over the country. It's the country with more surveillance cameras in the world.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: ImsooDone1N and PreussenBlueJay
Somber

Somber

Arcanist
Jan 6, 2022
A few years ago I was in the market for a new bed. The old one was ... old. The mattress wasn't giving me the support I needed anymore and I woke up with a lower back ache most every day.

The more stores I visited the more demands I had for the new setup. I eventually settled for something way too expensive.

I think I slept only a handful of times in the new bed before realizing the mattress was so hard that just laying in it for several hours was too painful for me to catch any sleep.

Now I sleep in an Ikea bed on an Ikea mattress and the expensive bed get an entire room for its useless self.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: GentleJerk, ImsooDone1N, Foresight and 1 other person
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
A few years ago I was in the market for a new bed. The old one was ... old. The mattress wasn't giving me the support I needed anymore and I woke up with a lower back ache most every day.

The more stores I visited the more demands I had for the new setup. I eventually settled for something way too expensive.

I think I slept only a handful of times in the new bed before realizing the mattress was so hard that just laying in it for several hours was too painful for me to catch any sleep.

Now I sleep in an Ikea bed on an Ikea mattress and the expensive bed get an entire room for its useless self.
I also have an ikea bed, mattress and pillows, no complaints here. Have you though about selling that expensive mattress? My ikea mattress is so comfy.

Reactions: ImsooDone1N and Somber
Somber

Somber

Arcanist
Jan 6, 2022
I also have an ikea bed, mattress and pillows, no complaints here. Did you try to sell that expensive mattress? My ikea mattress is so comfy.
I sold the mattress, but not the bed. I have been trying to sell it for almost a year but to no avail. I'd give it for free to some poor people, at least somebody could use it and it wouldn't be taking up any space anymore, but I only seem to find second hand stores that would still profit from it by selling it cheap.

I have a Mausund mattress on my Ikea bed. I'm pretty happy with it. Bought a different one at first (again too hard) but they allow you to exchange it for another free of charge.

• Hugs
Reactions: ImsooDone1N and Sherri
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I sold the mattress, but not the bed. I have been trying to sell it for almost a year but to no avail. I'd give it for free to some poor people, at least somebody could use it and it wouldn't be taking up any space anymore, but I only seem to find second hand stores that would still profit from it by selling it cheap.

I have a Mausund mattress on my Ikea bed. I'm pretty happy with it. Bought a different one at first (again too hard) but they allow you to exchange it for another free of charge.
I used to live abroad many moons ago , I've sold a 6 month ikea that cost me 300 euros, for 50, it was the last item I needed to sell. The guy who bought it was so happy, he kept on saying are you sure? And I was like, all yours, enjoy. Then slept on the floor with 2 duvets before my leaving flight. Hardly slept though as you would imagine.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ImsooDone1N and Somber
JinZhin

JinZhin

we are in hell
Nov 2, 2021
This is interesting, despite feeling like I don't waste a lot of money and don't try to blend in there's quite a bit, even tho everything here was under 30€ each:

-high waisted skinny jeans in 2017/18 while everyone was still wearing them (2-3 pairs)
Longer story-I was junior in hs and I lived in low waisted (2010-onwards) since they stopped being trendy then and all my shopaholic cousins donated me SHITLOADS of them in so many sizes.
Eventually I realized I look better in baggy low to mid waist
-_-

-crop tops- also everyone was wearing those but I forgot my eating disordered ass would rather spend 10 years in jail than be caught in public (or private!) wearing such clothing that reveals something I am insecure about to the point of absolute madness

-Keith Devlin's book about probability- not because it's a bad book, in fact it's great (!) but at the time I bought it, I was looking for advanced, math-heavy material and got more 'fun-science' type of book for people who don't know much about probability which led to huge disappointment.

-'Python' textbook, which was NOT actually Python, but some Python and Java- "JYTHON" student IDE they used in that college exclusively. Was not very helpful at all.

-those trendy ankle boots with 2 inch heel. I LOVE LOVE shoes in general, but like...I live in 7year old docs and skechers that are falling apart and I haven't worn those once.

-foundation/concealer- rarely use them, I end up wearing no makeup at all or only eyeliner but since everyone used to use it, I kinda gave in...nowdays I only buy sunscreen :p

-a terrible textbook about qualitative research methods in psychology with nice covers- was not useful, was super boring, I switched my psych major for sth else🎉

Holy moly wrote a f***ng essay. Sorry. I wish everyone who reads this a nice day/night <3

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: GentleJerk, Somber, Foresight and 1 other person
Crazy4u

Crazy4u

Enlightened
Sep 29, 2021
exercise equipment :(

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: GentleJerk, WoAiGou, Somber and 2 others
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Oh I know a lot of people who did the same mistake :)
This is interesting, despite feeling like I don't waste a lot of money and don't try to blend in there's quite a bit, even tho everything here was under 30€ each:

-high waisted skinny jeans in 2017/18 while everyone was still wearing them (2-3 pairs)
Longer story-I was junior in hs and I lived in low waisted (2010-onwards) since they stopped being trendy then and all my shopaholic cousins donated me SHITLOADS of them in so many sizes.
Eventually I realized I look better in baggy low to mid waist
-_-

-crop tops- also everyone was wearing those but I forgot my eating disordered ass would rather spend 10 years in jail than be caught in public (or private!) wearing such clothing that reveals something I am insecure about to the point of absolute madness

-Keith Devlin's book about probability- not because it's a bad book, in fact it's great (!) but at the time I bought it, I was looking for advanced, math-heavy material and got more 'fun-science' type of book for people who don't know much about probability which led to huge disappointment.

-'Python' textbook, which was NOT actually Python, but some Python and Java- "JYTHON" student IDE they used in that college exclusively. Was not very helpful at all.

-those trendy ankle boots with 2 inch heel. I LOVE LOVE shoes in general, but like...I live in 7year old docs and skechers that are falling apart and I haven't worn those once.

-foundation/concealer- rarely use them, I end up wearing no makeup at all or only eyeliner but since everyone used to use it, I kinda gave in...nowdays I only buy sunscreen :p

-a terrible textbook about qualitative research methods in psychology with nice covers- was not useful, was super boring, I switched my psych major for sth else🎉

Holy moly wrote a f***ng essay. Sorry. I wish everyone who reads this a nice day/night <3
It's quite interesting, I've stopped buying Abrecombie & Fitch when it's owner said in public he didn't want fat people to use his brand, I got so mad. What a bully. Regret every penny I've spent at that shop.

Reactions: JinZhin, ImsooDone1N and Foresight
Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
I bought scrubs for a job I quit in two months.

I love those scrubs though. They're like pajamas you can wear outside. I bought a keyboard I've barely touched and spent hundreds on books I never read. My goal this year is to make those things relevant.

Worse thing I ever bought was a cpa study course. I spent $2000 and realized I was way in over my head. Should've got a refund but I kept at it for too long. I try not to think about that one haha. The reason I bought things related to the medical field and the finance field is because I spent far too much on a degree I haven't done well in. I take unrelated jobs often to pay the bills. Yikes

• Hugs
Reactions: FinalDestination, PreussenBlueJay, Crazy4u and 2 others
Somber

Somber

Arcanist
Jan 6, 2022
Right, I almost forgot I bought that rowing machine from House of Cards before realizing I don't like to row. 😝

It's sitting next to that overpriced bed.

• Yay!
Reactions: GentleJerk, Foresight, Crazy4u and 1 other person
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Shitty methods. Think I even got the wrong kind of rope.

• Yay!
Reactions: GentleJerk, Seiko, TheUncommon and 2 others
O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
So many video games I will never ever play sitting in my steam library.

Reactions: Manaaja and GentleJerk
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
Dead ass I bought an orb that does nothing but sit on my floor, make star projections on the wall, and announce in the most bootleg, faked Chinese accent ever that it's searching for Bluetooth.

• Hugs
Reactions: Life sucks
RockBot

RockBot

A Mole Sitting in a Hole
Jun 6, 2020
I bought into the idea that you can be who you want to be. Whoops

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha and Foresight