• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

sourcreamonion

sourcreamonion

Jun 25, 2020
What makes you feel safe? Like literally anything that makes you feel safe.

I'd like to say just working a lot and being in a working, yet silent environment. I don't know if that makes sense, but it's when you're working so mindlessly and it's comfortably silent around you.

Pressure on my stomach is another thing that oddly makes me feel rooted. In high school I'd leave my bag on my lap a lot, and now I leave my bags on my lap still or wear two shirts just to feel the pressure.

Walking down a somewhat crowded street makes me safe too. Most of the time I don't know where I'm going.

CoalmineCanary

CoalmineCanary

Jul 15, 2020
My cat's presence gives me a sense of safety. I also like to have something to hold in my pant pockets like a tube of chapstick or my keys (weird, but it helps with anxiety). Being cocooned in my bed makes me feel safe too.

OopsIdidntwanttodie

OopsIdidntwanttodie

Ctb by the 20th of December
Oct 11, 2020
My dogs make me feel safe :) I get really spooked at night if I watch creepy videos online, but having them around makes me feel safe because they can sense ghosts.

Sadly, that's about it :,(

Pookie

Pookie

Somebody you used to know.
Oct 18, 2020
My cats back when I used to live with them. They were such sweet boys. It hurt (cause cat claws), but when they would knead on my stomach or something I felt so relaxed and loved. I miss them...
Where are your cats now?

Reactions: _Kaira_
MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
Small dark rooms, without much stuff in it, preferably silent. It just feel nice to not see anything. I get so overwhlemed when I go to places with alot of lights and noises. I get triggered by overlapping voices too. I'm never going to a city.

MrBlue

MrBlue

Arcanist
Jul 1, 2020
I oddly feel very comfortable when up high. When I was a teenager I'd always climb up the top of trees or buildings at my school. Being able to see everything but also go completely unnoticed by anyone used to help relax me.

stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
Lying down on my mattress...it's specifically made so that there's no pressure on your back. Sleeping and lying there is the only pain-free and secure time of my day.

Plus my very small and dark bedroom feels like some kind of safe spot in my flat.

A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
Sitting outside of the shower while hearing it run and knowing I can let it all out if need be.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking
BRAINWORMS

BRAINWORMS

dust to dust
Jul 20, 2020
Old blankets with a pilled-up texture, lavender oil, overcast skies. Laying down on the floor, wrapped up in a towel after taking a shower.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking
clownangel

clownangel

Student
Sep 25, 2019
That moment when you wake up wrapped up in a warm cacoon of blankets and the air outside is cold, but you don't have to go out there, you can just stay in your blanket cacoon
This, especially with a weighted blanket is the best. Catching it snowing in the morning & just laying cocooned in the quiet is really nice too.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

🚫Safety is a figment of the imagination🚫
Jul 1, 2020
Straws. And I'm fussy about them. I don't like metal or silicone ones. And don't even get me started on the paper ones.... Just ew. If I wanted to chew on paper id go to my art center. They have to be plastic. I actually have a whole handful of those solid plastic ones.

PM: let's get rid of them
Me: STOCK PILE AHHHHHH

Last edited:
Reactions: raindrops
LivideLamb

LivideLamb

I'm so decaying, feeling like an ashtray
Jan 5, 2020
Feeling safe is such a subjective subject... Well, I do feel safe sometimes.
My cat's presence gives me a sense of safety. I also like to have something to hold in my pant pockets like a tube of chapstick or my keys (weird, but it helps with anxiety). Being cocooned in my bed makes me feel safe too.
When I go on therapeutic walk alone in the small city I live in, I also love (and have) to have a small something to fidget on in my pocket. I have a big fluffy alpaca keychain and I just love it ; it make me feel so safe I don't know why. Also wearing a backpack and big clothes. Such as "extremly way too large for me" jacket.