Mustkeyknow

Mustkeyknow

Experienced
Feb 8, 2020
I was supposed to move up then ladder at my current job, Ive been working my ass off for the past couple of months, and today I saw they posted a job opening for the position I was supposed to get...

I am fucking devastated. Nothing that I do matters, I'll always be a fucking loser. I know the company's needs don't really align with my needs but it's just infuriating. I want to quit but I have nothing else aligned and in this economy and with the coronavirus it would be very risky for me to quit.

I just fucking hate life, I can't seem to catch a break. I don't fucking get it. Everyone I touch does amazing after a couple of weeks but me. I just don't understand when my big break is going to happen. All I see is everyone flourishing but me.

I want to end it so bad. I'm waiting on a couple of interviews. If they don't pan out, I'm done.

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: Meditation guide, Lorntroubles, inactive and 1 other person
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
I feel ya. I was doing so well in my career but had to abandon it. I'm now in a job that brings me little satisfaction. It pays the bills, but does nothing for my soul or well-being. When your talents and passions aren't used to their full potential, it can be so frustrating.

Just a logistical question, though... Can you not apply for the job they posted?

Reactions: Meditation guide
Mustkeyknow

Mustkeyknow

Experienced
Feb 8, 2020
I mean I don't see the point. I talked to HR about it and they said they were looking for someone different. Company needs or whatever. It was so demoralizing.

• Hugs
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed, Meditation guide and Wisdom3_1-9
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
I mean I don't see the point. I talked to HR about it and they said they were looking for someone different. Company needs or whatever. It was so demoralizing.
That really sucks. I'm sorry to hear that. I really do hope you find somewhere you feel valued.

Reactions: Mustkeyknow
G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020
I absolutely resonate with your feelings, and I'm sorry. It seems to me that one by one even those with little to no prospects somehow got a lucky break. I started way up in highschool, I confess, maybe I was arrogant, and have been going downhill ever since. Whereas others struggled a lot but eventually caught a lucky break. I just want my lucky break once.

bravotess

bravotess

I'ma jump ship now before I sink slow
Aug 8, 2020
That suck but please Consider applying. Sometimes companies have a policy where they require that every open position is posted. Even if you interview but don't end up getting the position it's still good practice and experience for the next job interview. And you might learn what they are looking for that you don't currently have. And also applying for it shows them that you're really really interested

Reactions: Wisdom3_1-9
Bulldogbitch

Bulldogbitch

Lifes a bitch, so am I
Feb 12, 2020
I was supposed to move up then ladder at my current job, Ive been working my ass off for the past couple of months, and today I saw they posted a job opening for the position I was supposed to get...

I am fucking devastated. Nothing that I do matters, I'll always be a fucking loser. I know the company's needs don't really align with my needs but it's just infuriating. I want to quit but I have nothing else aligned and in this economy and with the coronavirus it would be very risky for me to quit.

I just fucking hate life, I can't seem to catch a break. I don't fucking get it. Everyone I touch does amazing after a couple of weeks but me. I just don't understand when my big break is going to happen. All I see is everyone flourishing but me.

I want to end it so bad. I'm waiting on a couple of interviews. If they don't pan out, I'm done.

Is there no chance of you getting the job role? Can you apply for it yourself - put yourself forward to show you're very interested.

I know it sucks but I'd think they'd rather keep someone they know if dedicated than employ someone who is just in need of a job, plus if you move up, they can get someone to fill your role at work.

I know some jobs legally have to advertise for any jobs, even if a person already working there is getting the job.

How's your relationship with your manager?
Maybe go to them and inform them how hard you've worked and how dedicated you are and you wish for them to seriously consider putting you in the new job role.

Clearly you're passionate about it. What you got to lose to try?
I really hope you do get the role ❤

Reactions: Mustkeyknow and Apathy's Girl
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020

It's silly that companies will reject a potential employee because they aren't the perfect fit. Most people lie and put on a fake personality in interviews anyway.

Apathy's Girl

Apathy's Girl

Student
Jul 20, 2020
Is there no chance of you getting the job role? Can you apply for it yourself - put yourself forward to show you're very interested.

I know it sucks but I'd think they'd rather keep someone they know if dedicated than employ someone who is just in need of a job, plus if you move up, they can get someone to fill your role at work.

I know some jobs legally have to advertise for any jobs, even if a person already working there is getting the job.

How's your relationship with your manager?
Maybe go to them and inform them how hard you've worked and how dedicated you are and you wish for them to seriously consider putting you in the new job role.

Clearly you're passionate about it. What you got to lose to try?
I really hope you do get the role ❤
The company I work for is required to post an open position for at least seven days and interview three candidates even if they have someone in mind for the position.

I agree with Bulldogbitch, depending on your relationship with your manager approach them about the position. You said you were going to move into it; was it promised to you? If it was then it definitely warrants a discussion.

If HR said you don't have the qualifications, did you ask what they were looking for? Perhaps you could rewrite your resume to align with the job posting description, highlighting that you do have the qualifications for the new position.

I'm sorry that this happened to you. Hopefully the company will be able to see the value you add and give you the opportunity for advancement.

Reactions: Bulldogbitch
Bulldogbitch

Bulldogbitch

Lifes a bitch, so am I
Feb 12, 2020
The company I work for is required to post an open position for at least seven days and interview three candidates even if they have someone in mind for the position.

I agree with Bulldogbitch, depending on your relationship with your manager approach them about the position. You said you were going to move into it; was it promised to you? If it was then it definitely warrants a discussion.

If HR said you don't have the qualifications, did you ask what they were looking for? Perhaps you could rewrite your resume to align with the job posting description, highlighting that you do have the qualifications for the new position.

I'm sorry that this happened to you. Hopefully the company will be able to see the value you add and give you the opportunity for advancement.

Totally agree, plus if you've been so dedicated to them and they don't listen to you and give you the time to discuss your view, you're better off finding a different job when the opportunity arises.
I know it's very stressful but maybe a fresh start is better if you feel so let down, and rightly so.

It will be their loss but don't rush in to leaving too soon and not have an income. That will make everything so much worse.