Dyingtoleave

Dyingtoleave

Apr 11, 2022
Yesterday I called my best friend. He asked who am I and who's calling and I just starting crying and broke down and turned off my phone. I always believed that at least he would remember me, I want to reintegrate with society and drag myself out of this hole but every time I try to to get out the hole just gets deeper and deeper now I feel like it would be too hard, even though its just been 4 months roughly

Anyone deal with something like this as well ?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Dead Meat, 710, Cathy Ames and 4 others
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
I think you should have tried to tell them who you were, sometimes you can have a lapse of memory or overlook a familiar voice.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat, houseofleaves, NobodyKnowsMe and 5 others
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
I think he just didn't recognize your voice. I always ask who it is regardless.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat, houseofleaves, NobodyKnowsMe and 3 others
Huntfish34

Huntfish34

Enlightened
Mar 13, 2020
I think you are okay.... don't wanna say it, but I've done that to a couple friends but it was because of a lapse in time / memory since I've talked to them. Was an honest/ awkward mistake on my part.

S

Seeking_Peace

Arcanist
May 18, 2022
That only happens if they delete you from the contacts or you're constantly changing numbers. How long since you last spoke to this friend?

Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
That only happens if they delete you from the contacts or you're constantly changing numbers. How long since you last spoke to this friend?
Also with landlines?

Anyone deal with something like this as well ?
Yes. In my case it happened in person. They recognized me, but it was pretty freaking clear that I was (and probably always had been?) nobody important, while I had been thinking of that person fondly and missing them.

• Hugs
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, Dead Meat and houseofleaves
S

Seeking_Peace

Arcanist
May 18, 2022
Also with landlines?

Yes. In my case it happened in person. They recognized me, but it was pretty freaking clear that I was (and probably always had been?) nobody important, while I had been thinking of that person fondly and missing them.
Idk about landlines but I'd have caller i.d if I had a home phone. if I call someone and it's only like a month or 2 and they say who's this they aren't my friend anymore...

Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
Idk about landlines but I'd have caller i.d if I had a home phone.
Okay. When I last had a landline, I did NOT have caller i.d. It currently costs an additional $10-14 per month where I am. Trust me... not everyone has caller i.d. on their landline.

S

Seeking_Peace

Arcanist
May 18, 2022
Okay. When I last had a landline, I did NOT have caller i.d. It currently costs an additional $10-14 per month where I am. Trust me... not everyone has caller i.d. on their landline.
Fair point. I didn't realize people still used them with cells available. The last time I used one was in 2010.

CTBgenuine

CTBgenuine

Student
Mar 27, 2022
He's obviously not your best friend if he didn't save your number as a contact and didn't know who you were. He's probably not even a friend!
I think you should have tried to tell them who you were, sometimes you can have a lapse of memory or overlook a familiar voice.
No way! If they didn't save their number as a contact and didn't know who they were, they're not a best friend!

Reactions: houseofleaves, Huntfish34 and Seeking_Peace
NobodyKnowsMe

NobodyKnowsMe

Just biding my time
Dec 21, 2021
Fair point. I didn't realize people still used them with cells available. The last time I used one was in 2010.
We still have a landline at our house, though we use VOIP with it now instead of a traditional phone service. We keep it as the main number for all household related things. That way I only have to give my cell number to friends and any businesses that I want to have it.

Reactions: Cathy Ames and Seeking_Peace