Gaga786

Gaga786

The Odds Are Never In My favour
May 3, 2020
I have my cousin's wedding tomorrow and for the few next days. It's just going to be triggering for me because I'll be meeting these people and other cousins who will all boast about their success in life and look down on me. For instance, whenever I meet them, they often ask me so what do you do all day and what are you up to now days and I have to reply with nothing. They then laugh right infront of me. It's like they know im just this worthless, trash of a human being who can't achieve anything in life. Once I was asked to recite whatever I was studying a few years ago and they did this on purpose knowing that I stutter and can't get a single word out without looking like a fool. While I was trying to explain them what I had studied in school, I could see everyone looking at me and holding in a laugh. Im just so sick of being made fun of in this world. The worst part is seeing my cousin get married while knowing that I will never have such an event in my life because im gay. It's like I have no choice but live lonely throughout my entire life while my relatives meddling In between and spreading rumours as to why I don't get married. It just sucks that I didn't get the right childhood, whereas all these other people did. I actually want to CTB right now, but I just don't have the guts to

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Starry✧・゚Daze, venin, dialogos and 8 others
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
After reading your thread, I cried as no one should ever have to be looked down and interrogated like this. I wear my heart on my sleeve and it bothers me to no end when humans are jerks.

I am 67, reference point only as I have some life experience dealing with the kind of garbage that you are talking about. This is just what I have done in the past, we are all family here, so I am just throwing this out there, food for thought.

1) I have gone to events, and I get hit up with a ton of questions about me, they are just being nosey, so I turn it around, never answer them, and start asking them questions, one of my favorite ones is "wow, you have a really good position, how much do you make a year in compensation?". Usually, they hate being asked this type of a question and either leave or shut their mouth. If not, then on to question #2) " with you doing so good at your position, do you think that a promotion is in store for you this year?".

I always try and keep them off balance thinking about avoiding answering me instead of asking nosey questions.

I am pretty much low keyed, however if someone goes out of their way to zing me and/or try and embarrass me, then the gloves come off and there in again, I will turn the situation around against them and watch their face glow red. I am a firm believer in the fact that sometimes, one has to remember that if it comes to it, I would rather have them ticked off at me and leave me alone instead of trying to zing me.

I have done training before and I have told folks that if and if, it comes to it in certain situations that having someone or some folks not liking me and not speaking to me is far better than having to put up with being belittled for absolutely no reason except so that they feel good about themselves. At least to/for me then I have the "upper hand" and am left alone.

I also told trainees that sometimes it comes down to someone being angry and not talking to me or laughing AT me and making me feel bad about myself and letting them do it, NEVER EVER!

You are an intelligent, loving, caring and ever so thoughtful soul and you WILL do great and never let anyone tell you differently and/or let them judge you.

You have talents that nobody else has, as we are all the same, BUT each and every one of us has unique talents and I went to college at the age of 24 and found my stride around my early 30's and still to this day, I discover things about myself that makes me know that in my past the folks in my home community that tried to put me down are the real idiots.

I stand with you always, hand in hand, shoulder to shoulder, as what you described makes me very angry as to how some people live their lives so shallow with no meaning to it at all just to put down others. SO damn stupid and they are stupid for doing so.

Lot of HUGE hugs, love and kindness to you, my good friend.

Walter

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: irie, Starry✧・゚Daze, venin and 3 others
Gaga786

Gaga786

May 3, 2020
Thank you Walter. It really does mean a lot.I just wish I had the confidence to confront them or turn the tide against them, but I remain powerless. Majority of these people are all well off and CEOs of huge companies, so I can't really ask them about promotion or making money. They and their parents themselves boast about how much money they make, for instance, my uncle–whose sons are billionaires and millionaires and have their own company– told my father that they have a lot of money and that they are thinking of buying a airline etc. It's like I can't even get out of bed, let alone face them or reach their heights. Regarding talents, I honestly doubt I have any. I failed throughout school and even now I can't do anything right. I hardly have any passions or hobbies. My general observation is that to be successful in life, we need a lot of confidence and determination– something I clearly lack because I feel broken in every sort of way.
Thank you for writing this though as it makes me feel appreciated, validated and loved. Even my own family ignores me when I talk to them about this. I do wish you the best,
Much love and hugs.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Starry✧・゚Daze, Praestat_Mori, dialogos and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It must be dreadful knowing you have to go there, I find it awful how humans are so unnecessarily cruel. But anyway best wishes.

• Love
Reactions: Starry✧・゚Daze, venin, dialogos and 1 other person
TimetoGo!

TimetoGo!

Mage
Aug 30, 2022
I have my cousin's wedding tomorrow and for the few next days. It's just going to be triggering for me because I'll be meeting these people and other cousins who will all boast about their success in life and look down on me. For instance, whenever I meet them, they often ask me so what do you do all day and what are you up to now days and I have to reply with nothing. They then laugh right infront of me. It's like they know im just this worthless, trash of a human being who can't achieve anything in life. Once I was asked to recite whatever I was studying a few years ago and they did this on purpose knowing that I stutter and can't get a single word out without looking like a fool. While I was trying to explain them what I had studied in school, I could see everyone looking at me and holding in a laugh. Im just so sick of being made fun of in this world. The worst part is seeing my cousin get married while knowing that I will never have such an event in my life because im gay. It's like I have no choice but live lonely throughout my entire life while my relatives meddling In between and spreading rumours as to why I don't get married. It just sucks that I didn't get the right childhood, whereas all these other people did. I actually want to CTB right now, but I just don't have the guts to
just dont go!! you dont have to go, say you are feeling ill

• Love
Reactions: Gaga786
W

who doesn't matter

Student
Jun 17, 2019
I agree with TimetoGo. Just cook up an excuse even if it's a dull one. You don't owe them shit.

• Love
Reactions: Gaga786
Gaga786

Gaga786

May 3, 2020
just dont go!! you dont have to go, say you are feeling ill
Unfortunately, in my culture, it is frowned upon to not attend weddings. It is like an obligation and if I don't attend, then ill be ridiculed by everyone and thought badly of by my relatives who then spread the fact that I didn't attend throughout our entire community(its a big community). The community already thinks very badly of me and have labeled me as a freak, trash, and psycho.

• Aww..
Reactions: Starry✧・゚Daze and dialogos
Gaga786

Gaga786

May 3, 2020
Update!
I attended an event yesterday and there it was: the questions
What do you do all day ? You don't work? So you sit at home all day and do nothing?
You don't have any hobby ? Are you content with your decision to not attend university abroad and stay home?
I also got triggered seeing my father facilitate my cousins marriage. This is something he has always done, treat his own children like trash while being there for his siblings and their children

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Starry✧・゚Daze, dialogos and Kikoo
venin

venin

Text
Jul 28, 2023
I hate that question: what do you do all day?
I try not to die mf

Reactions: Starry✧・゚Daze
Starry✧・゚Daze

Starry✧・゚Daze

Aug 3, 2023
I hate that question: what do you do all day?
I try not to die mf
Same, I hate these questions.

People don't ask who you are, how you feel, what your dreams and ideas and thoughts are. They don't ask which colors make you happy or if you want to see the world.
The only important thing is a surface-level standart our society labeled as acceptable. And every single human on this planet has to fit in somehow or they're worthless?

It's disturbing and actually tells so much about these people that behave like they are some sort of higher beings.

A shallow puddle of rain and gasoline might look shiny in the right light, but it can never be as deep as the ocean or bright as a colorful pond. You just have to take a second look to discover the wonders beneath the surface and people like that will never be able to see this beauty.

• Love
Reactions: venin
venin

venin

Text
Jul 28, 2023
Same, I hate these questions.

People don't ask who you are, how you feel, what your dreams and ideas and thoughts are. They don't ask which colors make you happy or if you want to see the world.
The only important thing is a surface-level standart our society labeled as acceptable. And every single human on this planet has to fit in somehow or they're worthless?

It's disturbing and actually tells so much about these people that behave like they are some sort of higher beings.

A shallow puddle of rain and gasoline might look shiny in the right light, but it can never be as deep as the ocean or bright as a colorful pond. You just have to take a second look to discover the wonders beneath the surface and people like that will never be able to see this beauty.
Well said and beautifully put ✨

• Love
Reactions: Starry✧・゚Daze