How nice it would be to live together and die together

• Wow
Reactions: BitterlyAlive_, Dr Iron Arc and Sensei
Avyn

Avyn

Experienced
Jan 27, 2021
I think we have a forum thread for this one
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...read-the-rules-on-page-1-before-posting.1253/

• Yay!
Reactions: 140 bpm and Donk
L

Loser47

Student
Jan 14, 2021
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...read-the-rules-on-page-1-before-posting.1253/
It's more like finding someone to CTB together, right?

L

Loser47

Student
Jan 14, 2021
Sure
Dog Ok GIF by joeyahlbum

Sure
Dog Ok GIF by joeyahlbum

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I'm pretty sure this thread isn't for relationships at all, just for finding people to CTB together with.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/recovery-partners-megathread.23219/

This thread might be closer to what you mean though I think it's not just for relationships OR ctb'ing...

In any case, take it from me: It's not necessarily a good idea to get into a relationship with someone from here. Somebody who was near perfect for me and even lived only twenty minutes away from me actually found me a few months ago and it still didn't work out between us. I was so sure I'd stop needing to commit suicide for her and that might be part of what scared her off...

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I'd wager that the majority of young men on this site would stop being suicidal if they had a good relationship. Boomers and women wouldn't be affected that much by one, methinks. Hell, a lot of people on here are in relationships (almost all of them women or boomers, but whatever).

• Love
Reactions: yive, Life_and_Death and Dr Iron Arc
ohhgeeitsme

ohhgeeitsme

Wizard
Feb 5, 2020
I'd wager that the majority of young men on this site would stop being suicidal if they had a good relationship. Boomers and women wouldn't be affected that much by one, methinks. Hell, a lot of people on here are in relationships (almost all of them women or boomers, but whatever).
There definitely seems to be some truth to that. I notice the people on here who express that their desire for a romantic relationship being a huge, if not. the reason they want to die is almost always a man.

Reactions: DocNo, muffin222 and Dr Iron Arc
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020

Im really not sure, I havent used it, but probably for both? :$
It's suppose to be to find a partner so you don't have to be alone during the final moments. However (hasn't happened to me) I've seen a few (leaning towards a lot) of people saying that people will hit them up and shit. Being all pervy and whatnot in the worse cases (won't say all). These people are suppose to be reported so the answer is no, this is in no way a dating site unless you make friends and decide to go farther on your own.

Reactions: Avyn and Dr Iron Arc
Donk

Donk

Useless since day 1
Jan 3, 2020
RomeoandJuliet.com would be a fitting name if one were to start a CTB dating site.

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: Avyn, Isadeth, Nexey and 11 others
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Waiting for someone to create a suicidal dating site called "Hanging Out"
Here I even drew a quick logo of it

Hangingout

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: S like suicide, Isadeth, Kamiotesoro and 12 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Nembutal and chill

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: Isadeth, DocNo, ashedout and 3 others
ashedout

ashedout

Jan 22, 2021
Imagine the pick up lines! I would....jump at the chance of meeting you :P

• Yay!
Reactions: Avyn, Loser47, Isadeth and 2 others
BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
I think this is a very flowery way to look at dating and suicidality. Sure, it sounds good at first. After all, you really understand each other! I don't think it's worth it though. Because it's almost guaranteed that one person will begin to recover and try to save the other person. Been there, done that - it's not a good time. It creates a very unhealthy relationship.

Now if both parties managed to keep a distance or are adamant on seeing their suicides through, it could be cool. But I don't think that's likely to happen.

• Hugs
Reactions: Loser47, Kamiotesoro, Nexey and 1 other person
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Imagine the pick up lines! I would....jump at the chance of meeting you :P
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...lly-want-to-be-inside-of-you-right-now.61414/

• Hugs
Reactions: Loser47
I

Irrelevant biologist

Jun 3, 2020
You guys are hilarious! Lol.

On a side note getting attached to someone is a bad idea.

• Hugs
Reactions: Loser47, Kamiotesoro and Ame
MrBlue

MrBlue

Arcanist
Jul 1, 2020
Hey girl are you a toaster? Cos I'd love to take a bath with you

Are you traffic? because running into you would change my life for the better

Are you a gravestone? cos I want you on top of me

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: Loser47, 140 bpm, ashedout and 2 others
Ame

Ame

あめ
Nov 1, 2019

There definitely seems to be some truth to that. I notice the people on here who express that their desire for a romantic relationship being a huge, if not. the reason they want to die is almost always a man.

There is a lot of overlap in membership between three forums, one of those forums is a community for "incels" and so it isn't too unexpected to see a lot of members who struggle with loneliness, feeling unworthy of love and companionship, and connecting with others in meaningful ways. It's quite sad to see and I imagine that the pain runs a lot deeper than the superficial "tfw no gf". It must be incredibly painful to feel as though one is somehow fundamentally flawed and therefore is doomed to living a life without ever being seen and loved. These members require a lot of love and support before they can hope to connect with others but even being labelled as an "incel" comes with a lot of stigma, and makes reaching out more difficult.

In any case, take it from me: It's not necessarily a good idea to get into a relationship with someone from here. Somebody who was near perfect for me and even lived only twenty minutes away from me actually found me a few months ago and it still didn't work out between us. I was so sure I'd stop needing to commit suicide for her and that might be part of what scared her off...

I think this is a very flowery way to look at dating and suicidality. Sure, it sounds good at first. After all, you really understand each other! I don't think it's worth it though. Because it's almost guaranteed that one person will begin to recover and try to save the other person. Been there, done that - it's not a good time. It creates a very unhealthy relationship.

Now if both parties managed to keep a distance or are adamant on seeing their suicides through, it could be cool. But I don't think that's likely to happen.

Speaking from personal experience, it really isn't a good idea. While I don't regret entering the relationship - he truly was an angel - his suicide destroyed me. I suppose that my case was a bit different, because he and I had set out to recover, but getting close to anyone here (no matter what form the relationship takes) is risky and can very easily leave you hurting. You may think that you understand because you are also suicidal, but the heart always hopes for the other to live - and I so desperately wanted him to be able to live a fully and happy life.

• Hugs
Reactions: Symbiote, Loser47, Nexey and 3 others
D

Despairing

Student
Oct 25, 2019
There defiantly should be a dating site for people with mental illness I think.

• Hugs
BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
Speaking from personal experience, it really isn't a good idea. While I don't regret entering the relationship - he truly was an angel - his suicide destroyed me. I suppose that my case was a bit different, because he and I had set out to recover, but getting close to anyone here (no matter what form the relationship takes) is risky and can very easily leave you hurting. You may think that you understand because you are also suicidal, but the heart always hopes for the other to live - and I so desperately wanted him to be able to live a fully and happy life.

animals spooning hug GIF

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Loser47, ohhgeeitsme and Ame
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020

Yes, it is. Got two partners to ctb there but things changed lol.

Btw, nice idea! I would like to date a girl who knows I might ctb some day.

• Hugs
Reactions: Loser47 and Life_and_Death
StringPuppet

StringPuppet

Lost
Oct 5, 2020
I think people that didn't fit that description would just take advantage of it

• Hugs
Somebody

Somebody

The Answer is 42
Feb 16, 2021
From personal experience, a relationship I made with someone last year saved my life. I was at a very low point in my life and she accidentally found me. We helped each other get through that shit year. She ended up CTB last month after finding out she had cancer. I think being in a relationship and loving someone is definitely a double edged sword. It can definitely help motivate you in the short term but in the end you have to get yourself better mentally and be after to take care of yourself. I am still working on that, but this hurt me really bad. For me, a relationship is more about the emotional connection and finding motivation for a future that you can have together.

• Hugs
Reactions: Symbiote, Loser47, Nexey and 1 other person
Nexey

Nexey

Student
Feb 18, 2021
There is a lot of overlap in membership between three forums, one of those forums is a community for "incels" and so it isn't too unexpected to see a lot of members who struggle with loneliness, feeling unworthy of love and companionship, and connecting with others in meaningful ways. It's quite sad to see and I imagine that the pain runs a lot deeper than the superficial "tfw no gf". It must be incredibly painful to feel as though one is somehow fundamentally flawed and therefore is doomed to living a life without ever being seen and loved. These members require a lot of love and support before they can hope to connect with others but even being labelled as an "incel" comes with a lot of stigma, and makes reaching out more difficult.

I don't know how to feel about this. On one hand, relying on another person to motivate you to recover is likely to lead to an unhealthy relationship. On the other hand, would that make dating another mentally ill person in general out of the question? I'm assuming the line is drawn when they're actively suicidal and that people who have mostly recovered are probably okay to get with (assuming you're also doing well).

• Hugs
Ame

Ame

あめ
Nov 1, 2019
I don't know how to feel about this. On one hand, relying on another person to motivate you to recover is likely to lead to an unhealthy relationship. On the other hand, would that make dating another mentally ill person in general out of the question? I'm assuming the line is drawn when they're actively suicidal and that people who have mostly recovered are probably okay to get with (assuming you're also doing well).

I don't know if mentally ill people ought to be barred from dating (either a healthy person or someone who is also experiencing a mental health condition), but I do agree that the line should be drawn when one party is actively suicidal. Rather, I guess that it would be best if both parties were 100% on the same page, otherwise it could become messy. Still, the idea of entering a relationship with the intention of dying together by suicide is one that doesn't really sit well with me. I don't know, it's difficult to say. Relationships have the potential to be quite healing in conjunction with therapy and other positive lifestyle changes, but as you say, should not by the sole motivator. Intrinsic motivation to continue on living is the core of any recovery journey and there is no substitute for it.

In our case, we had left the forum and were pursuing recovery options independently for a few months before officially entering the relationship. While we supported one another's efforts, we also had other projects and goals that we were working toward. We took a risk, and sadly it did not turn out as expected. I suppose that could be said of any relationship, even between two healthy persons.

• Hugs
Reactions: Loser47, Nexey and Dr Iron Arc
Nexey

Nexey

Student
Feb 18, 2021
I don't know if mentally ill people ought to be barred from dating (either a healthy person or someone who is also experiencing a mental health condition), but I do agree that the line should be drawn when one party is actively suicidal. Rather, I guess that it would be best if both parties were 100% on the same page, otherwise it could become messy. Still, the idea of entering a relationship with the intention of dying together by suicide is one that doesn't really sit well with me. I don't know, it's difficult to say. Relationships have the potential to be quite healing in conjunction with therapy and other positive lifestyle changes, but as you say, should not by the sole motivator. Intrinsic motivation to continue on living is the core of any recovery journey and there is no substitute for it.

In our case, we had left the forum and were pursuing recovery options independently for a few months before officially entering the relationship. While we supported one another's efforts, we also had other projects and goals that we were working toward. We took a risk, and sadly it did not turn out as expected. I suppose that could be said of any relationship, even between two healthy persons.
I appreciate you taking the time to write out a thoughtful reply and agree with your sentiments wholeheartedly. It's unfortunate how things can turn out such a way.

• Hugs
Reactions: Loser47 and Ame
Imaginos

Imaginos

Full-time layabout
Apr 7, 2018
Well, I can't speak for anyone else obviously, but all I can say is that a relationship would only enhance my misery ten fold. Although it's hardly much of a picnic either, being alone is the least worst option there is for me. Granted, I've never actually been in a relationship before, but the outcome seems clear enough that even a blind man could see it. Near as I can tell, and from what I've observed by watching others, most relationships, sooner or later, end up turning sour and become deeply unsatisfying for both parties involved. People fall into something without thinking and then it either crumbles apart as soon as it started, or those involved simply become unhealthily codependent on each other, feeding on each other's misery. There are other, just as bad outcomes, but these are just the two I would see as being pretty much unavoidable for someone such as myself, or just mentally ill couples in general. In just the same way that I don't have to have ever placed my hand on a hot stove to know it would hurt like hell, I don't have to have ever been in a relationship to see how it would equally hurt like hell. Common sense says it's better to avoid such things, so that's what I do.

As I pointed out though, this still leaves me with the pains I otherwise have to contend with daily, on account of my complete and utter solitude. I mean, with romance and relationships decidedly taken off the table, what exactly is left? This is just one of the questions I seem to regularly ask myself. Hobbies? Anhedonia has rendered any and all hobbies useless and boring. Friends? Well, this falls somewhat into the same category of relationships, in that I feel it's better to avoid ever having them. Travel? Work? Education? None of these things have any bearing on me (considering the agoraphobic hermit that I am), nor would I ever want them to.

So, again, what else is there? When I boil it down, every single aspect of life is, at least for me, better off not getting involved in. At the end of the day, it's all more trouble than it's worth. And, what seems to be the ultimate conclusion I always come to here, my simply being alive is the most basic trouble there is. Given this is the assessment I have on things, I would've long shot myself by now, assuming I actually had a firearm to do so. Sadly, I do not. So I just endure my existence, such as it is, for lack of said firearm. That's honestly the only reason why I'm still here.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Loser47, Ame and Nexey