d3j3ct3dl0s3r05

d3j3ct3dl0s3r05

i am so lainpilled :3 (? days left)
Apr 15, 2023
Ok the title is ridiculously stupid but I very much mean it (at least in my case anyways). I honestly believe I'm beyond therapy at this point. I'm so detached from my physical form that I don't even care what happens to it which makes it difficult for any conventional means of therapy to have any remarkable effect on me. I've been depressed for over a decade now and there is no doubt that I have suffered some form of permanent psychological damage from that. My general distrust of authority figures and medical professionals doesn't help either. Sometimes when I do something stupid such as trying to talk to someone about my issues, I get the immediate suggestion to see a therapist. I've tried that and to no avail. It's worse as an adult when it comes to accessing affordable and effective mental health care but cost aside, I would basically have the cops called on me if I opened up even slightly. I swear therapy isn't for people with more severe, long-term issues. How am I supposed to fix myself if talking to someone results in them recommending therapy but then talking to the therapist would result in them calling police on me and then potentially being put in a psych ward where I only become more traumatised (and so the cycle repeats). If recovery were even remotely possible, maybe I'd reconsider but the system does not make it easy

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: hevlalab, Hollowman, Sagew0789 and 3 others
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
It's normal to reach the point where you have exhausted all you can get out of therapy. I reached that point a long time ago. I have a checkered history with the profession but let's just say it caused me a lot of harm. There are a lot of problems it can't really do anything about and therapists in general aren't intellectual heavyweights so they often don't have anything particularly wise or insightful to say that's worth their fee.

Reactions: Hollowman, heavyeyes, ogerpon and 1 other person
Springore

Springore

Sep 16, 2023
Don't feel bad about therapy not being able to help you, its not meant to help anyone. The only purpose of therapy is to monetize the suffering of people who see this capitalistic society we live in for what it truly is. By putting you in a cage (sometimes literally) they ascertain wealth which validates all that time they wasted being therapists while simultaneously handing your life over to the elites to sustain their power over others. The lie they are trying to sell you of a hopeful future only benefits them, but never the people who see the real truth.
You have no psychological damage. There is absolutely nothing wrong with you. In fact, you should be proud, because you can see what this 'life' really has to offer you. Don't let them take away your freedom. I've seen too many people imprisoned by the lies these therapists tell them. Now that you know you have freedom, you know the choice you have to make. All you have to do is believe in yourself and nobody else, because only you know what you've gone through.

Reactions: anhedonicNfoggy, heavyeyes and Hollowman
ogerpon

ogerpon

^_^
Sep 23, 2023
The title made me laugh. I feel similarly, that I'm beyond truly helping. I've been in therapy for several years and it's helped with some stuff like self control/emotional regulation and communication skills that were valuable for getting through situations in my teen years. Everything else has been a band-aid solution at best and a psych ward visit at worst. There are therapists you can be semi-honest with that won't immediately put you in a hospital if you know how to dampen your language (emphasizing passive ideation, ensuring you don't have a plan [never tell them you have a plan unless you want hospital lol], knowing the talking points of a safety plan, etc.). I haven't been to a hospital in almost 6 years and I'm hoping to keep that streak.

I will say that there are other kinds of therapy than just conventional/talk therapy or CBT. For example, something my therapist wants to try with me is EMDR for trauma, but apparently I'm "doing too bad" so I can't do it right now. Another thing he's looking into is somatic therapy that focuses on becoming more in touch with the body and releasing emotions from it (I think) because I'm both very tense all the time and very detached from my body. There's a ton of different things that therapists can specialize in and work on you with if you have the time/money/patience. I'm not at all trying to sell you on therapy btw it's hard to find therapists that you click with, that specialize in your diagnoses, and that can give you different types of therapy (also it's expensive it's so expensive why is healthcare so expensive)

Reactions: d3j3ct3dl0s3r05 and LaVieEnRose
Sans

Sans

Protesting the conditions of an inhumane world
Oct 2, 2019
Therapy is the greatest scam mankind ever invented. Who in their right mind would PAY hard-earned money to go talk with some overpaid asshole about their problems, thinking that will magically make them go away?

• Love
Reactions: d3j3ct3dl0s3r05 and deadwinter
deadwinter

deadwinter

i want to see angels
Apr 7, 2023
i totally feel for you. i've been in therapy for years, and I've only gotten progressively worse. i think there's a point where therapy becomes absolutely useless… i'm too far gone to feel better simply by talking to someone who is paid to talk to me. i think it's a waste of time and money. tbh, i often feel worse before, during, and after therapy…

Reactions: d3j3ct3dl0s3r05
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
i totally feel for you. i've been in therapy for years, and I've only gotten progressively worse. i think there's a point where therapy becomes absolutely useless… i'm too far gone to feel better simply by talking to someone who is paid to talk to me. i think it's a waste of time and money. tbh, i often feel worse before, during, and after therapy…
Is there anything keeping you from dropping therapy?

ButterToast

ButterToast

Liar who can't separate lies from reality
Aug 11, 2023
Ok the title is ridiculously stupid but I very much mean it (at least in my case anyways). I honestly believe I'm beyond therapy at this point. I'm so detached from my physical form that I don't even care what happens to it which makes it difficult for any conventional means of therapy to have any remarkable effect on me. I've been depressed for over a decade now and there is no doubt that I have suffered some form of permanent psychological damage from that. My general distrust of authority figures and medical professionals doesn't help either. Sometimes when I do something stupid such as trying to talk to someone about my issues, I get the immediate suggestion to see a therapist. I've tried that and to no avail. It's worse as an adult when it comes to accessing affordable and effective mental health care but cost aside, I would basically have the cops called on me if I opened up even slightly. I swear therapy isn't for people with more severe, long-term issues. How am I supposed to fix myself if talking to someone results in them recommending therapy but then talking to the therapist would result in them calling police on me and then potentially being put in a psych ward where I only become more traumatised (and so the cycle repeats). If recovery were even remotely possible, maybe I'd reconsider but the system does not make it easy
weirdly enough, I think (haven't done research tho) that detachment is the best maladaptive schema to be dealt with by therapy. This is because therapy lets you establish safe place and allows you to open up your emotions, which is the primary struggle with people suffering from detachment. I should do a bit more research later

Reactions: d3j3ct3dl0s3r05