Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
What's the point of trauma processing?

Whats the point of getting connected to yourself and feeling uncomfortable shit?

Plenty of people (my family included) don't need therapy. They just exist and live life as is. And they seem fine the way they are

The more you trauma dive you suffer. It doesn't seem worth it

• Love
Reactions: swaraj
lemonbunny

lemonbunny

daydreaming the pain away ☆.。.:*・°
Sep 9, 2023
i'm not sure, but this is one of the reasons why i'm terrified and avoidant of reaching out for therapy. i feel like i've already heard it all and it doesn't get better.

SplitInfrastructure

SplitInfrastructure

becoming the lastnames by will wood
Jun 7, 2023
I personally dont believe I need therapy, thus not attend it, however I do see the 'appeal'(?) Sometimes its easier to understand your feelings and yourself when you know whats going on with your head

If youre aware of whats happening and of yourself and your behaviour, while still having 'behavioral issues' then its best to get medicated imo

Some people dont want it at all and thats fine too, however over some time Ive came to realize that if you dont want therapy for yourself its good to get it for the sake of others. Ive known too many people who declined themselves therapy, while getting 'free trials' literally from everyone around and heavily burdening people with their own issues

For me medication is a way of being emotionally independent, something that I swore to strive for after an awful time in my life I now regret and probably wont stop for a good while, especially after experiencing the other end of this type of exchange

Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
I personally dont believe I need therapy, thus not attend it, however I do see the 'appeal'(?) Sometimes its easier to understand your feelings and yourself when you know whats going on with your head

If youre aware of whats happening and of yourself and your behaviour, while still having 'behavioral issues' then its best to get medicated imo

Some people dont want it at all and thats fine too, however over some time Ive came to realize that if you dont want therapy for yourself its good to get it for the sake of others. Ive known too many people who declined themselves therapy, while getting 'free trials' literally from everyone around and heavily burdening people with their own issues

For me medication is a way of being emotionally independent, something that I swore to strive for after an awful time in my life I now regret and probably wont stop for a good while, especially after experiencing the other end of this type of exchange
Yeah I don't support that. The most toxic spiral to go down is turning everyone around you into a therapist/punching bag. At that point you have to start taking accountability

People who refuse to get help, deep down, are in denial of their own pain which prolongs the suffering

Therapy doesn't necessarily make it "better" but gives you more autonomy

Reactions: swaraj
SpiritualDeath

SpiritualDeath

I return to the raiding shadows of death.
Sep 9, 2023
They can't solve the real problems that are causing your suffering (in fact, not any of them). What they do is making you "successfully adapt" to the shitty environment or create illusions for you to live longer (to maintain a functional (therefore usable)state). Just consider the state of the mental health system today (expensive, inaccessible, chaotic, extremely anti-suicide). I doubt that they truly want to change the environment (where some of them are taking advantage) or let you be free.

Yes, I get how regarding your problems and suffering as your own "cognitive biases" can help you successfully adapt (to a shitty situation you may not be able to change or have much of a choice), however, none of these therapy tricks changes the situation itself (which is the root of your suffering (and sometimes this is life itself)) and because of this you'll continue to suffer and never be free.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: asian.neet and cscott