• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Fallen bad23

Fallen bad23

Student
Oct 19, 2018
Two months ago I finally managed to get myself to actually seek medical help, after 5 long years of considering seeking help. I went to see a doctor and I was very open about my suicidal thoughts and all. His first reponse was to threaten me that he would call the cops if I stopped coming to sessions for fear that I might have hurt myself. I didn't mind it much knowing that even if he did that no cop would ever show up at my door. During the first session I was so tired and stressed I could only cry through out the session but the second time I was a little more relaxed that I didn't cry, even dared to smile, and he ruled it out finally. " you know you don't look depressed, last time it was written all over your face that you have depression. It is just that you smile now and seem more relaxed" ,he said. So just because I smile in a therapy session makes me not depressed?!!
I never went back for another time and he never contacted the police nor me. Any way it just crossed my mind, could he be right? If so, what the hell is wrong with me? Why would he say that? Why would he put me on SSRI's if I wasn't depressed in the first place?

Reactions: Superfluous and Redt2go
Superfluous

Superfluous

Mar 16, 2019
Just my personal opinion, but I get the impression that the doctor you saw is not very good at his job and doesn't understand depression.

If you still have suicidal thoughts and manage to build up the courage to seek professional help again, I'd try and find a better doctor. I'd also suggest not fully opening up on a first session. In my experience, you need to feel comfortable with and have confidence in the person treating you before you fully open up.

Why would he put me on SSRI's if I wasn't depressed in the first place?
One reason doctors are happy to prescribe medication is because they make money from doing so.

Reactions: Fallen bad23, Redt2go and Psilo