• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Not Waving But Browned Off….
Sep 27, 2023
IMG 3418 It came up as an advert on my Facebook and I know I should feel sad about it and part of me does for their families and friends who wanted them to stay…..but for the people themselves who were 'living miserably' as this campaign puts it, I feel happy and envious that they are at peace. They had the guts to do it. It worked for them. They just inspire me.

L

Ligottian

Warlock
Dec 19, 2021
I'm sorry if I posted this before. My brother-laws mother, while he was a child, had lunch together with some of her friends. All seemed well with her. She shot herself when she came home. He found her body after coming home from school.

darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Sep 27, 2023
If you haven't seen it yet, I recommend this video. It is very powerful

Yes it captures the duality of living.
As I say in my post, I still think 'good on em' if it's what they really, truly wanted.

Reactions: davidtorez
Ash

Ash

Elementalist
Oct 4, 2021
There are so many misconceptions about health and death before we even start talking about mental health and suicide. The public needs urgent education about the facts of life and death as the lack of knowledge is startling. (A friend's currently devastated as her pet has developed cancer. As I was trying to comfort her, she shocked me by saying that she didn't know that animals could get cancer.)

People aren't stupid but they're acting in ignorance and when it comes to things like suicide, well meaning attempts to help can often make things worse - and nobody likes being told that they're in the wrong, especially after years of believing something.

Ironically, I must confess that I didn't know much until I started to face up to my own mental health, self harm and suicidal feelings. Hell, it's been years but until this year I didn't know about active vs passive suicidal ideation!

darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Sep 27, 2023
I don't really know the difference between active and passive ideation.
All I know is if the option was painless and reliable I'd be out of here.
I have to do do it eventually though, I must. Life is just too empty and meaningless. I can't keep travelling though more of this void.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1 and davidtorez
M

mrelief82

Broken to 1000 pcs
Nov 23, 2023
Today March 25th marks the 7th year anniversary of my mother's suicide at the age of 61.
Really sorry to hear this … Do you think it caused you being suicidial?
As for Me , i wouldn't kill myself if i would be able to keep going or keep pretending. I did it for few years, for my child as long as i Could , even when i couldnt anymore i tried to stay for him but now i feel its the end , unable to untangle or think. People dont see Me Happy anymore as this is No longer possible to pretend im living. Its hell

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Kit1 and davidtorez
davidtorez

davidtorez

Experienced
Mar 8, 2024
Really sorry to hear this … Do you think it caused you being suicidial?
As for Me , i wouldn't kill myself if i would be able to keep going or keep pretending. I did it for few years, for my child as long as i Could , even when i couldnt anymore i tried to stay for him but now i feel its the end , unable to untangle or think. People dont see Me Happy anymore as this is No longer possible to pretend im living. Its hell
No it didn't effect me that way. We weren't that close . But I do think I have my mothers tolerance level to pain and suffering. My dad is a fighter , my mum couldn't handle stress well. However my brother was very close to her , and it affected him quite badly .

Reactions: iloverachel
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
View attachment 133151It came up as an advert on my Facebook and I know I should feel sad about it and part of me does for their families and friends who wanted them to stay…..but for the people themselves who were 'living miserably' as this campaign puts it, I feel happy and envious that they are at peace. They had the guts to do it. It worked for them. They just inspire me.
This could be any of us. You are so right.

M

mrelief82

Broken to 1000 pcs
Nov 23, 2023
No it didn't effect me that way. We weren't that close . But I do think I have my mothers tolerance level to pain and suffering. My dad is a fighter , my mum couldn't handle stress well. However my brother was very close to her , and it affected him quite badly .
Thank you for your reply. I have a son, Very young , we were always Very Close but im not myself for a longer while now . His Dad killed himself 3 years ago …. We were not together , he doesnt remember him , I cant live any longer there is No way trying to fix myself . I am so scared for him …. But also i see for last year im just bringing jim down, i should be fine by now mamy times but i didnt recover , i am not able to Look after him or provide for him. I know if I was gone a year ago he wouldn't be so depressed by now , would have his own space and room, my state is causing his depression , being stuck with his life I can't ruin him any further or my parents . I know the longer I postpone the easier he will take it but as he has no life because of me it would be harder for him to come back to one . It's no win situation….

Reactions: davidtorez