• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Dark Moon

Dark Moon

Death will give me peace
Sep 21, 2022
I've seen lots of people using the word but what does this truly mean? I checked and it's someone who's normal with mainstream interests. I'm diagnosed autistic and other condition and I don't feel like im "normal" I don't feel like I'm a part of society nor do I fit in or pass into it (Not that I care about it). My Mum agreed with that and I'm still suicidal as a member of SS. I do like Call of Duty, Pokemon and I guess those are mainstream. I don't have any friends, I just play that on my own with strangers. I don't feel like a normie but I don't know if I'm one and supposed to be in this community?

Saturn_

Saturn_

I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead.
Apr 22, 2024
The target demographic of the word "normie" can vary based on who is using it and what they aim to communicate. At its core, it just means a normal person. There is no set definition of normal, hence why it differs. It could be used to target neurotypical people, physically abled people, people with 9-5s, people with a traditional family model, people with mainstream interests, etc... When thinking of this site specifically, its users might use the word "normie" to target anyone who is not suicidal, or who is against the right to die.

I personally wouldn't worry about whether or not you "belong" here. Don't worry too much about what someone else might think. If this helps you cope, then that's a good thing.

golta

golta

Just wants more company
Apr 14, 2024
Think about a normal person, they are allow to have problems but normal. Theyre normies. From you have said you dont seems as a normie but, Who knows? Maybe you are for another person šŸ¤·šŸ»

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
I somehow don't like the word normal because it strips reality of all its magic.
Wdym? There's no "magic" to reality. It's boring and mundane
It could be used to target neurotypical people, physically abled people, people with 9-5s, people with a traditional family model, people with mainstream interests, etc...
That's my definition of normie. Normies are NPCs to me. They're wageslaves who live their lives on autopilot. They don't even know that they're prisoners in prison. They're slaves to the system

Last edited:
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Misery Minimization Activist
Sep 19, 2023
Normies are NPCs to me.
In your mind, are you a PC? A protag?

What about the following two people:
  1. Person A: neuroatypical, physically disabled, hates "mainstream" interests, no trad family, has a 9-5?
  2. Person B: neorotypical, physically abled, trad family, loves games made by EA specifically and Taylor Swift, but refuses to work because capitalism is evil?
Are both NPCs? And which one is more of an NPC?

@Dark Moon on here "normie" is an insult as used above. "Normie" is the equal and opposite to words insulting people who are different from you. If you are deep in suicidal ideation, you're a real person who's awake to the reality of life, while "normies" are dumb robots who can't see through the lies.

That's partly a joke. Some people just use "normie" to mean people who don't understand their thoughts on suicide.

Reactions: LuvMeMusic
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I consider a normie as somebody who lives through life in autopilot and doesn't question the structure of society or the world around them. Of course that's different to somebody who does see the world for what it is but is still forced to abide by society's system

Dark Moon

Dark Moon

Death will give me peace
Sep 21, 2022
I consider a normie as somebody who lives through life in autopilot and doesn't question the structure of society or the world around them. Of course that's different to somebody who does see the world for what it is but is still forced to abide by society's system
I'm definitely questioning the system of working for a living just to put food on the table and that's without any luxuries. Also, the horrors of the world and my suicidal mindset.

1. Person A: neuroatypical, physically disabled, hates "mainstream" interests, no trad family, has a 9-5?
  2. Person B: neorotypical, physically abled, trad family, loves games made by EA specifically and Taylor Swift, but refuses to work because capitalism is evil?

@Dark Moon on here "normie" is an insult as used above. "Normie" is the equal and opposite to words insulting people who are different from you. If you are deep in suicidal ideation, you're a real person who's awake to the reality of life, while "normies" are dumb robots who can't see through the lies.

That's partly a joke. Some people just use "normie" to mean people who don't understand their thoughts on suicide.
I'm deep into suicidal ideation yes, I've attempted suicide before I joined this site and know the horrors of the world. I mostly come under person A, except I am not working, not physically disabled and have a couple of mainstream tastes. I'm similar to sserafim in that we're both Autistic neets.
Wdym? There's no "magic" to reality. It's boring and mundane

That's my definition of normie. Normies are NPCs to me. They're wageslaves who live their lives on autopilot. They don't even know that they're prisoners in prison. They're slaves to the system
This is a prison planet and I'm definitely not a wageslave.
a normie is someone who doesn't fit into niche in-groups that are obscure and relatively unknown. Like most people don't play obscure MS-DOS games from the 90s so retro fans would say that people who don't get it are "normies". i like the word though
Oh, I do play retro games once in a while. I replayed the original Final Fantasy 7 last year, old PS3/360 games and I was playing Japanese/Anime games.
The target demographic of the word "normie" can vary based on who is using it and what they aim to communicate. At its core, it just means a normal person. There is no set definition of normal, hence why it differs. It could be used to target neurotypical people, physically abled people, people with 9-5s, people with a traditional family model, people with mainstream interests, etc... When thinking of this site specifically, its users might use the word "normie" to target anyone who is not suicidal, or who is against the right to die.

I personally wouldn't worry about whether or not you "belong" here. Don't worry too much about what someone else might think. If this helps you cope, then that's a good thing.
Thanks for your response, SS definitely helps me cope.

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023

"NPCs do not analyze the reasons why they believe the things that they do. They mold their opinions and worldview upon base emotions and what is socially acceptable.
If you're capable of self-reflection on the true reasons behind your beliefs and address errors, then you're already better than 90% of the cattle."

Last edited:
Reactions: ijustwishtodie
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
A50BF66F 9FCB 49D4 8AB4 F1C1B07DE9EF
What do you think about this quote? "If you live in a society, you're already kind of an NPC?" I would hate for it to be true

Last edited:
  • Informative
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
imo normie is anyone who i don't agree with
These are normies to me

https://neets.net/threads/everyone-is-an-npc-but-theres-levels-to-it.48868/#post-553514

"I hope this meme isn't real but anyone who is unfortunate enough to have to deal with normies knows that it's real, empty husks that's devoid of any thought, personality and hobby. If you do any thing other than work, consume, and mindlessly believe in what the medias said, you are already better than 90% of those bugmen."

Reactions: 4am
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
View attachment 136671
What do you think about this quote? "If you live in a society, you're already kind of an NPC?" I would hate for it to be true
This is giving me a lot to think about and could perhaps be the sentence that changes my perspective on this. On one hand, I consider somebody who acknowledges society for what it is but is forced into it to not be a normie. However, if somebody is perpetually doing normie things even if they don't want to, then can they really be considered much different to a normie? I think not. Perhaps the only two ways for the average person to escape being a normie is by ctb or by not procreating... though the former is far more powerful in avoiding being a normie

derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Sep 19, 2023
I'm deep into suicidal ideation yes, I've attempted suicide before I joined this site and know the horrors of the world. I mostly come under person A, except I am not working, not physically disabled and have a couple of mainstream tastes. I'm similar to sserafim in that we're both Autistic neets.
Sorry the first part until I tagged you was certainly not directed at you.

I've been suicidal since I was 12 and the original ss sub helped me when I was 120ft up looking at concrete. I just don't care for being labeled an NPC - as in an unthinking mindless drone - because I have a job.
"NPCs do not analyze the reasons why they believe the things that they do. They mold their opinions and worldview upon base emotions and what is socially acceptable.
If you're capable of self-reflection on the true reasons behind your beliefs and address errors, then you're already better than 90% of the cattle."
I'm going to take this as your way of saying "I may have overgeneralized. I don't think you are an NPC." So, thank you.

In general I like the quote. I think there's one clarification needed: "socially acceptable" can apply to whatever social group one makes themselves a part of. Even a niche place like here or that NEET website can cause the same cognitive problems that society at large can have for a "normie."

xinino

xinino

The excess needs to be destroyed
Mar 31, 2024
This summarizes it, although I like to socialize with my type.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
This is giving me a lot to think about and could perhaps be the sentence that changes my perspective on this. On one hand, I consider somebody who acknowledges society for what it is but is forced into it to not be a normie. However, if somebody is perpetually doing normie things even if they don't want to, then can they really be considered much different to a normie? I think not. Perhaps the only two ways for the average person to escape being a normie is by ctb or by not procreating... though the former is far more powerful in avoiding being a normie
"hahaha look at this wagecuck forced to be part of society. involuntarynpc"

A5E9DA1A E2C9 433A ACEB E91D27995EC1

• Informative
Dark Moon

Dark Moon

Death will give me peace
Sep 21, 2022
These are normies to me

https://neets.net/threads/everyone-is-an-npc-but-theres-levels-to-it.48868/#post-553514

"I hope this meme isn't real but anyone who is unfortunate enough to have to deal with normies knows that it's real, empty husks that's devoid of any thought, personality and hobby. If you do any thing other than work, consume, and mindlessly believe in what the medias said, you are already better than 90% of those bugmen."
The emptiness/numbness is probably coming from depression, I don't really follow what the media says, trying to get into reading books and draw.
Well you've seen my posts in the suicide discussion, I definitely want to die but it's not easy to go through with it and what normie things?

Last edited:
Dark Moon

Dark Moon

Death will give me peace
Sep 21, 2022
I've been suicidal since I was 12 and the original ss sub helped me when I was 120ft up looking at concrete. I just don't care for being labeled an NPC - as in an unthinking mindless drone - because I have a job.

Oh ok I get what you're saying, I suppose I should stop caring what others think about me on here.

Reactions: derpyderpins
V

Vivir_O_No

I want to be great.
Dec 10, 2023
I've seen lots of people using the word but what does this truly mean? I checked and it's someone who's normal with mainstream interests. I'm diagnosed autistic and other condition and I don't feel like im "normal" I don't feel like I'm a part of society nor do I fit in or pass into it (Not that I care about it). My Mum agreed with that and I'm still suicidal as a member of SS. I do like Call of Duty, Pokemon and I guess those are mainstream. I don't have any friends, I just play that on my own with strangers. I don't feel like a normie but I don't know if I'm one and supposed to be in this community?
For me a normie is someone that lacks the capacity for critical thinking.

Reactions: 4am and sserafim
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Sep 19, 2023
For me a normie is someone that lacks the capacity for critical thinking.
imo normie is anyone who i don't agree with
I somehow don't like the word normal because it strips reality of all its magic.

What I'm gathering is that "normie" is a word used to express that if you're suicidal and hate the world you are superior to everyone else.
I do think about solving problems.
That's not what he means. You could be a 180 IQ researcher doctor lawyer who has to think critically everyday and you'd still be a normie. "Critical thinking", as @4am put it, is agreeing with people on here.

I'm personally a bit discouraged by this. Although thinking on it I'm sure I posted on reddit a few times a decade ago about how I was just depressed because I was smart and anyone who didn't see how shit the world is was too dumb to understand me. It may have some truth to it, but the by far larger factor is that I'm damaged, not special. It was good to learn that.