• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
While this isn't new to the pro-choice community and I'm most likely preaching to the choir here, it is understandable that quite a lot of us, myself included are frustrated at how ubiquitous and nauseous that we see therapy and counseling being plastered, shamelessly promoted everywhere even in normie and mainstream media! In the past, I've had replies and numerous threads exposing how harmful therapy is and just recently, I recalled a story of when I was in uni back in 2014/2015, therapy and counseling was at best, unhelpful for me, and at worst, I felt like I was at risk of having my civil liberties suspended, taken away, and what not (Yes I know 'mandated reporters' are required to report anything that in their eyes believe to be a harm to oneself or others.), so I stopped going. However, what infuriated me even more was their ironclad, double-down of defending and apologizing for therapy itself.

Long story short, it was during 2016, after having sought counseling and therapy at my uni (in 2014, and most of 2015) that I decided to set the record straight with the MHPs I've seen by exposing their actions, stick it to them, and be the counter-example in hopes I'd find that closure. However, my mistake then was that I naively thought I would get them to acknowledge that they were wrong, apologize for things that they done (my ego was much greater back then, but that's another point altogether), and admit that therapy and counseling isn't always the solution. I was very wrong and what was infuriating in that meeting was my MHP/counselor at that time in a special session in 2016, had her supervisor come in as a witness to screen the session and as I laid out the problems about therapy and how it wasn't helpful towards my situation and how it isn't always the answer, plus the potential harm it can do to people suffering (including the possibility of people deemed a threat to be locked up against their will), they just brushed it off and doubled down! They even have the audacity to ask me if I wanted to find someone else (another MHP), get an outside referral, and/or other kinds of therapy. Like, how backwards and daft would someone have to be to just completely ignore someone pointing out DIRECTLY what is wrong with it! It's like they either know (and deliberately acted ignorant), or they don't and yet continue to peddle the same garbage they have been peddling! Of course, ever since then, I've just avoided therapy and counseling as much as I can and this was even pre-SaSu days.

This is why whenever I hear people tell me to seek therapy or counseling, it's akin to a spit in the face, an insult to my predicament and intelligence. They don't know what therapy consists of, they don't know that I'm not into coping or being told how to think, or be gaslit into believing that I'm the problem when the problem (sometimes) are beyond my control! Most people wouldn't do that when it comes to other social issues, but for people who they don't want to deal with, the easiest remark and suggestion is just to "seek help" which entails seeking therapy, counseling, and MHS (Mental Health Services). To me and most people who are rational and understand the problem, it's nothing short of invalidation, dismissal, and an insult towards our plight! In fact, I believe most people who do say that, barring their ignorance is the fact that they want to appear helpful and like a hero (again the same intentions with pro-lifers trying to play hero and be praised for it – all about their ego and virtue signaling!).

Mind you in present day, especially in the last several years, barring having to go to get documentation for specific applications or programs, I did not see an MHP for any reason (obvious and I've already stated my reasoning in the past so I won't go into detail again here), and I just wanted to share my story and vent a bit in hopes that others share the same sentiment and understand that therapy and counseling isn't always the answer! Sometimes, what helped me more was finding my own solutions, copes, and having a way to exit suffering if/when sentience becomes too much or unsolvable. This includes being a part of the SaSu community, as SaSu (during the time I was on this platform) has helped me more than any other MHP, therapist, counselor! I am able to speak more freely and without being bombarded by cliches, platitudes, and/or otherwise pro-life drivel on here. Also, yes I know there may be people who say to just be careful of what you say, how you say it, avoid certain things, but as of present day (and even the recent few years), I've no longer seek those services and wouldn't even go for it, therefore it is irrelevant.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I'm bumping this thread as it has reached a narrow audience. Perhaps I have said this before, but if I haven't, here it is. The reason and my mindset at the time (keep in mind this was about 7-8 years ago) is that I wanted some acknowledgement of the wrongs done by the MH system and MHPs (of course, in present day and ever since 2019 I knew it was futile). My intention was for them to acknowledge their wrongdoings and practices, then bring it to light, which of course, backfired and ever since then, I just accepted the fact that I would almost never get those people to acknowledge their wrong practices, let alone have any (sincere) apology if they have wasted my time, done me harm, or anything.

I wrote a thread a few months ago about a similar story about not being able to be honest (without a risk that endangers my civil liberties and freedom) and how people would actually open up and real progress made if they were simply able to do so without repercussions (locked up against one's will, having their civil liberties infringed in the name of safety and security, etc.).

Anyways, this may be in the past, but I figured I'd share my story, vent a little bit, and perhaps there are others who may benefit from my story (in the grand scheme of things, I'm just another data point in the anti-psychiatry, anti-therapy crowd). I haven't since seen MHPs nor sought professional help since 2018 nor do I have the inclination to do so, especially knowing my predicament and how futile they are for my issues. I had MUCH better success and results from finding my own personal solutions.

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds