• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

T

the_last_race

Sep 9, 2023
When i found SS and saw that CTB is a real tangible option - it suddenly made myself less suicidal. Like it was some kind of pressure valve that was opened. Before i was thinking about it in vague terms, i didn't know all the nuances, it was like something abstract to me. I don't know how to describe it, but seeing people actually doing it, that there are lot of methods outside of hanging or jumping from a roof, that CTB is not something mystical, that there's no shame in it and i could do it too, could talk about it with somebody without being put on some kind of watch list or straight into a psych ward - it helped a lot. It's like getting an eject button in your airplane that is shaking and squeaking being held together only by lousy welds and wires.

I'd like to say thanks to all the people responsible for running it. Tantacrul in his video villanised you guys, but you're doing the good work.

P

Pizarnikishere

Jul 25, 2023
So happy to hear that ❤️ and I really hope you continue to feel better. I think we all do what we can with ourselves and help others here. People like Tantacrul are so hypocritical, like if telling a person "don't kill yourself, life is worth living" will make our lives less miserable. They don't even care how we really feel, they are just there to point fingers at us.

MiMif

MiMif

I do not live for others to understand me...
Sep 13, 2023
When i found SS and saw that CTB is a real tangible option - it suddenly made myself less suicidal. Like it was some kind of pressure valve that was opened. Before i was thinking about it in vague terms, i didn't know all the nuances, it was like something abstract to me. I don't know how to describe it, but seeing people actually doing it, that there are lot of methods outside of hanging or jumping from a roof, that CTB is not something mystical, that there's no shame in it and i could do it too, could talk about it with somebody without being put on some kind of watch list or straight into a psych ward - it helped a lot. It's like getting an eject button in your airplane that is shaking and squeaking being held together only by lousy welds and wires.

I'd like to say thanks to all the people responsible for running it. Tantacrul in his video villanised you guys, but you're doing the good work.
I feel like alot of people me included were drawn and found this site through tantracrul....he had the opposite affect then what he wanted lol.

Though I don't blame him I honestly think he just doesn't and will never understand unless he's suicidal

E

ElysiumRain

Sep 9, 2023
Really glad to hear that, and I resonate with this too personally. In a way, I'd say Tantacrul achieved the overarching goal of "saving lives"/making lives "better", just not in the way he (along with many others) knew how. Honestly, like MiMif said, I don't really blame them, as those are usually people who are "missing" ideological & sentimental components to "be able to" think/feel the way we do (for better or worse). Those who can't intuitively resonate with how we really feel often by design are antagonistic to any expressions regarding suicide, because these ideas arouse the base survival instinct they have (which I presume tend to be quite a bit more "intact" than ours), thus they tend to be the most ill-fitted to understand, let alone help us.

I just came from a reddit condemning this website, and I realized one of most common talking points against it is "how many lives has it been responsible for taking", but not "how many lives it's responsible for saving". Once again, I don't blame them, as it is human nature to gravitate towards more concretely measurable metrics. You can definitively count the number of people who have found ways to CTB from this website and applied it, but not as concretely conclude those who have definitively been saved unless if you had a theoretical time/space machine to travel to a parallel universe/timeline in which someone did in fact commit suicide because they didn't discover this site. Something else they don't account for is that even in the case someone successfully CTBs, they can find hopefully the least painful method that is at times also the least burdensome to others. Someone who doesn't have a proper outlet may be prone to more impulsively CTB that have effects that are less in their control, and overall result in more net harm. In general, this sort of situational irony is unintuitive to most people, and coupled with their presumed more "functional" survival instincts, it makes sense that this kind of website would raise their ire. It's unfortunate, but also speaks to how important it is to keep this community around, and why simultaneously it can be hard to without constant backlash.

To draw another connection to something else I saw that might explain why this happens, there's a video talking about "self-regulation through fantasy" as the reason why many of us put off work/don't end up doing things we plan to. In a way, in an odd twist of events at least for some people (at least for me), suicidal ideation/discussions seem capable of having this effect. I could go further, but I am going to stop myself before it turns into an essay nobody here asked for hahaha...I mean it already kind of is, sorry...but hey if this provided any kind of value for anybody, feel free to let me know :)

whywhywhy

whywhywhy

Jun 11, 2021
Really glad to hear that, and I resonate with this too personally. In a way, I'd say Tantacrul achieved the overarching goal of "saving lives"/making lives "better", just not in the way he (along with many others) knew how. Honestly, like MiMif said, I don't really blame them, as those are usually people who are "missing" ideological & sentimental components to "be able to" think/feel the way we do (for better or worse). Those who can't intuitively resonate with how we really feel often by design are antagonistic to any expressions regarding suicide, because these ideas arouse the base survival instinct they have (which I presume tend to be quite a bit more "intact" than ours), thus they tend to be the most ill-fitted to understand, let alone help us.

I just came from a reddit condemning this website, and I realized one of most common talking points against it is "how many lives has it been responsible for taking", but not "how many lives it's responsible for saving". Once again, I don't blame them, as it is human nature to gravitate towards more concretely measurable metrics. You can definitively count the number of people who have found ways to CTB from this website and applied it, but not as concretely conclude those who have definitively been saved unless if you had a theoretical time/space machine to travel to a parallel universe/timeline in which someone did in fact commit suicide because they didn't discover this site. Something else they don't account for is that even in the case someone successfully CTBs, they can find hopefully the least painful method that is at times also the least burdensome to others. Someone who doesn't have a proper outlet may be prone to more impulsively CTB that have effects that are less in their control, and overall result in more net harm. In general, this sort of situational irony is unintuitive to most people, and coupled with their presumed more "functional" survival instincts, it makes sense that this kind of website would raise their ire. It's unfortunate, but also speaks to how important it is to keep this community around, and why simultaneously it can be hard to without constant backlash.

To draw another connection to something else I saw that might explain why this happens, there's a video talking about "self-regulation through fantasy" as the reason why many of us put off work/don't end up doing things we plan to. In a way, in an odd twist of events at least for some people (at least for me), suicidal ideation/discussions seem capable of having this effect. I could go further, but I am going to stop myself before it turns into an essay nobody here asked for hahaha...I mean it already kind of is, sorry...but hey if this provided any kind of value for anybody, feel free to let me know :)
Kinda disagree on a couple points.

First being that I think people can actually be blamed for being unempathetic on the internet. Hero/savior syndrome is the cancer of todays society and the reason why politics is a shit fest since everyone likes to always take the moral highground on everything. Even a lot of issues are more nuanced and discussion should be allowed but its not and everyone is labeled.

Second point I disagree is the benefit of Tantacruls video. It may be on the selfish side but this website being too popular is bad. Too many impulsive teenagers can see the video come and fuck themselves up without a second thought. Its fucked up we all have been stupid teenagers and gone through phases.

There should be some degree of effort and desperation to reach this site. Otherwise what may eventually happen is politicians will prohibit SN distribution maybe even close the website. The same reason you shouldnt put a smoke commercial in a childrens program. There needs to be a certain level of responsibility.

Reactions: anhedonicNfoggy
E

ElysiumRain

Sep 9, 2023
Kinda disagree on a couple points.

First being that I think people can actually be blamed for being unempathetic on the internet. Hero/savior syndrome is the cancer of todays society and the reason why politics is a shit fest since everyone likes to always take the moral highground on everything. Even a lot of issues are more nuanced and discussion should be allowed but its not and everyone is labeled.

Second point I disagree is the benefit of Tantacruls video. It may be on the selfish side but this website being too popular is bad. Too many impulsive teenagers can see the video come and fuck themselves up without a second thought. Its fucked up we all have been stupid teenagers and gone through phases.

There should be some degree of effort and desperation to reach this site. Otherwise what may eventually happen is politicians will prohibit SN distribution maybe even close the website. The same reason you shouldnt put a smoke commercial in a childrens program. There needs to be a certain level of responsibility.
You raise a good point regarding several pitfalls of this website's existence and especially its recent popularity, as my original post might imply to some that it's all 100% a good thing.

SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
Wish I knew this site when I was under 18. Lots of people get their problems solved here. At least mine & others I know