AJ95

AJ95

24/7 sylvia plath
Sep 3, 2020
Because to a regular, healthy, happy person, dying is the worst possible thing they can think of.

They're happy being alive, they enjoy their existence, so for them dying is a horrible prospect.

It would mean saying goodbye to everything they like and enjoy about the world.

For us, it's different. Life sucks, it's not enjoyable, it's not fun, there's nothing to look forward to.

It's not that they're selfish or mean or cruel, they literally cannot understand that we do not enjoy being alive.

• Love
Reactions: peacechoice, chewgu, flatearth and 30 others
D

dilapidatedMind

Student
Oct 1, 2020
No they're evil busybodies. Their POV is one of willful delusion. They're mentally ill, but it manifests differently.

Reactions: peacechoice, ATownSerenity, Deafsn0w and 4 others
Futile

Futile

Tired of being lonely
Sep 3, 2020
I honestly don't think so, or at least that's not the main reason. If their lives were so great they would just live them instead of bothering us

I think the matter is far some sinister, we all know society needs people to work and pay taxes, and has therefore indoctrinated people to believe suicide is a bad thing and that denying to someone the right to choose for his own life is a good and moral thing to do. It's kind of scary ngl

Reactions: PressEnterToExit, Deafsn0w, voidman and 5 others
amnotreal

amnotreal

Student
Oct 20, 2019
i think a lot of times they stop people cuz they are afraid of their own suffering and sadness and the trauma of being alive when you have witnessed or known abou tor lost a friend or family member or for some even a stranger to suicide. i have a friend who does lots of volunteer stuff to prevent people ctb but someone did in front him with a gun and his mom did and others in his life have. i think it helps him cope with the powerlessness of those experiences. i often use him as a reason to talk myself out of ctb cuz it would hurt him even more.

• Hugs
Reactions: dec132013, Deafsn0w, Stick and 4 others
D

Depressedbitch2020

Oct 10, 2020
I don't understand Christianity, but I still respect people's views on it. It's time for them to grow the fuck up and accept that people die every day and come to terms that maybe someone they love will die today. They're not god, they don't get to choose who lives and who dies.

• Love
Reactions: chewgu, Deafsn0w, voidman and 3 others
D

dilapidatedMind

Student
Oct 1, 2020
i think a lot of times they stop people cuz they are afraid of their own suffering and sadness and the trauma of being alive when you have witnessed or known abou tor lost a friend or family member or for some even a stranger to suicide. i have a friend who does lots of volunteer stuff to prevent people ctb but someone did in front him with a gun and his mom did and others in his life have. i think it helps him cope with the powerlessness of those experiences. i often use him as a reason to talk myself out of ctb cuz it would hurt him even more.
Your sadness and angst trumps that of other people.
I don't understand Christianity, but I still respect people's views on it. It's time for them to grow the fuck up and accept that people die every day and come to terms that maybe someone they love will die today. They're not god, they don't get to choose who lives and who dies.
Exactly. There is no good day to die. Dying from suicide today or naturally in a year is still going to hurt. Most people are mental children who live with a Disney mindset.

Last edited:
Reactions: peacechoice, Deafsn0w, Hanna Backer and 1 other person
D

Depressedbitch2020

Oct 10, 2020
It's literally an -ism.

Your sadness and angst trumps that of other people.

Exactly. There is no good day to die. Dying from suicide today or naturally in a year is still going to hurt. Most people are mental children who live with a Disney mindset.
Fuck that Disney mindset. It's literally just a mask. As a first responder, I've seen the worst of people. I've Seen their insides and the whole Disney mindset is a mask and an excuse so they don't have to come to terms that the world we live in is a piece of shit.

Reactions: peacechoice, PressEnterToExit, Deafsn0w and 6 others
ARW3N

ARW3N

Melancholia
Dec 25, 2019
I honestly don't think so, or at least that's not the main reason. If their lives were so great they would just live them instead of bothering us

I think the matter is far some sinister, we all know society needs people to work and pay taxes, and has therefore indoctrinated people to believe suicide is a bad thing and that denying to someone the right to choose for his own life is a good and moral thing to do. It's kind of scary ngl
That certainly is a reason! You'll come across many statisticians who refer to suicide as being an "economic loss." Does that mean the unemployed who kill themselves are no loss?

Reactions: Deafsn0w, whywere and GoneGoneGone
T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
Those people who think everyone enjoys being alive...

Last edited:
Reactions: Deafsn0w, Hanna Backer, Circles and 3 others
D

dilapidatedMind

Student
Oct 1, 2020
Fuck that Disney mindset. It's literally just a mask. As a first responder, I've seen the worst of people. I've Seen their insides and the whole Disney mindset is a mask and an excuse so they don't have to come to terms that the world we live in is a piece of shit.
What will my body look like if I jump off a bridge onto a shallow river covered in rocks?

Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
That certainly is a reason! You'll come across many statisticians who refer to suicide as being an "economic loss." Does that mean the unemployed who kill themselves are no loss?
I don't know where you read that.
Usually the rate of suicide in a country remains between 0,01% and 0,02%, and the majority of them are retired people, so the economy doesn't give a fuck about that.
Unemployed people who kill themselves are a huge human loss as well, but I hope they find peace when they do that.

D

Depressedbitch2020

Oct 10, 2020
What will my body look like if I jump off a bridge onto a shallow river covered in rocks?
It really all depends on how high the bridge is. If it's high enough and depends on your weight, usually what happens is sometimes limbs become detached or organs come out but it's different for everyone.

Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
I'm not sure that's it

Amumu

Amumu

Aug 29, 2020
It's not that they're selfish or mean or cruel, they literally cannot understand that we do not enjoy being alive.

I completely agree with you.

Reactions: chewgu and ocd is bad
Cant Maintain

Cant Maintain

Garbage Fire
Aug 21, 2020
people are sheltered unaccustomed to being faced with their own mortality. They cannot conceive of such a thing. Their ego is too rooted in, "well if there is no experience what is there!?" Because we are so sheltered from the fact that we too all will one day die, and some people choose to do this, well this brings selfish "I Don't Want to lose you!" but they do not consider your feelings on the matter. If you are brave, and faced your own mortality enough to have come to terms with that great void that seems to beckon us all, then you should be allowed to face it. People tend to be selfish and want to keep folks that want no buisiness with death in their proximity. Keep it at the peripheral. Idk. I may just be ranting at this point.

Reactions: dec132013, Hanna Backer and whywere
ARW3N

ARW3N

Melancholia
Dec 25, 2019
I don't know where you read that.
Usually the rate of suicide in a country remains between 0,01% and 0,02%, and the majority of them are retired people, so the economy doesn't give a fuck about that.
Unemployed people who kill themselves are a huge human loss as well, but I hope they find peace when they do that.
I have absolutely no interest in the statistics of suicide. I'm not a statistician arguing on the side of statisticians. I'm referring to the well-known fact that suicides are being increasingly treated as cyphers to be taxed rather than human beings.

Amumu

Amumu

Aug 29, 2020
I have absolutely no interest in the statistics of suicide. I'm not a statistician arguing on the side of statisticians.
Ok sorry, I do have an interest in the statistics of suicide personally.

I'm referring to the well-known fact that suicides are being increasingly treated as cyphers to be taxed rather than human beings.
True, I didn't disagree with that.

I wonder : do you guys like debating on this forum? Or not?

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 4993
D

dilapidatedMind

Student
Oct 1, 2020
It really all depends on how high the bridge is. If it's high enough and depends on your weight, usually what happens is sometimes limbs become detached or organs come out but it's different for everyone.
Wtf lol. Would I feel that?

mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
There's also social pressure to be like, "no, don't!".

Reactions: ocd is bad, whywere and Deleted member 4993
S

Sk1n1M1n

Experienced
Jan 29, 2020
But not all unemployed people are depressed, a majority of them like to sit on their bums all day and watch day time tv and there's gotta be more to life than the 9-5 and watch a a load of mindless quizzes on television.

Reactions: peacechoice and Hanna Backer
Lilacmoon

Lilacmoon

Beautiful moon, take me away.
Sep 23, 2020
They're scared of feeling guilty, and obviously, their feelings take priority over the suffering of anyone else.

Reactions: AJ95 and whywere
Quinlor

Quinlor

The stranger
Feb 21, 2019
Moral and social responsibility only, internally all this people are shitting for you.

Reactions: Hanna Backer and whywere
K

kqlysrsly

Sep 15, 2020
If you die by suicide, that ripples through society and spreads fear causing more suicides.

That's the only reason anyone would prevent it without any masking lies.

Reactions: whywere and Quinlor
specklenought

specklenought

Internet Cry Baby
Oct 2, 2020
i feel like suicide is a symptom of a problem and people often focus on the symptom rather than the cause.

Reactions: dec132013, AJ95, TheNorthernSilence and 5 others
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
I wouldn't say this is always the case, but I think a lot of people are like this. There are all sorts of people with different reasons, but in my experience the motivation isn't usually malicious. It's hard to understand what you've never experienced, and most people who try to help genuinely think they're doing good and care. I'm not saying it isn't annoying or whatever, but it's never like they're trying to force me to live as a punishment or torture.

Reactions: Hanna Backer and specklenought
Quinlor

Quinlor

The stranger
Feb 21, 2019
If you die by suicide, that ripples through society and spreads fear causing more suicides.

That's the only reason anyone would prevent it without any masking lies.
The society understand suicide as social problem rather than existential one caused by this same society.

G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020
Adhering to some warped social conventions

V

virtualoctopus

Student
Aug 15, 2020
Because to a regular, healthy, happy person, dying is the worst possible thing they can think of.

They're happy being alive, they enjoy their existence, so for them dying is a horrible prospect.

It would mean saying goodbye to everything they like and enjoy about the world.

For us, it's different. Life sucks, it's not enjoyable, it's not fun, there's nothing to look forward to.

we've accepted and dealt with the inevitability of death before them.