W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
Honestly being there has given me far more issues than I had in the first place. I blame the conditions there for me totally giving up on life.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Skathon, BeeLoyal, FusRohDracarys and 8 others
a.n.kirillov

a.n.kirillov

velle non discitur
Nov 17, 2019
Which country/ continent are you from if I might ask?

Reactions: BeeLoyal
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019

The UK mental health system is shit, I remember last year a nurse from the HTT said to me, there was no way she was going to allow me to be sectioned as the ward there would make me 100xs worse then I already was!

Reactions: Brink
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
I just want to say I'm so sorry. I've had a couple of medical professionals talk to me about hospitalization, and I adamantly refuse. It seems very traumatic and not at all good for one's mental health. Maybe I'm being a pessimist though.

• Hugs
Reactions: FusRohDracarys, kyle and Walilamdzi
W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
The UK mental health system is shit, I remember last year a nurse from the HTT said to me, there was no way she was going to allow me to be sectioned as the ward there would make me 100xs worse then I already was!
I wish they'd tried harder to treat me at home. It was late 2016 when I was first sectioned, I wasn't even aware of what that was before then and since there hasn't been a year I haven't ended up in hospital.
I just want to say I'm so sorry. I've had a couple of medical professionals talk to me about hospitalization, and I adamantly refuse. It seems very traumatic and not at all good for one's mental health. Maybe I'm being a pessimist though.
It's the most terrible environment imaginable.

Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
I wish they'd tried harder to treat me at home. It was late 2016 when I was first sectioned, I wasn't even aware of what that was before then and since there hasn't been a year I haven't ended up in hospital.

It's the most terrible environment imaginable.

Ive been held for 18 hours a couple times in the last year in the holding areas of those places, under section 136, two different hospitals, (southwest UK) One was fairly OK, left to myself whilst they decided what to do with me, the other was awful, some women kept walking into my room whilst I was trying to rest screaming at me, then she would be on her phone shouting to her dad, it was hell, she was amendment she was going home, and was apparently *concerned* for me! The workers did fuck all but shut my door which she promptly reopened!
If its like that in just the holding area, fuck going into main hospital!

Reactions: Walilamdzi
GoBack

GoBack

Paragon
Apr 25, 2020
It's ridiculous set up in the hospital. Last year I had 10 days in. I think it tipped me over the edge for good. haven't left the house since or even tried to hope

Reactions: Walilamdzi
W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
I was in there for 3 months. I was categorised as vulnerable, then the nurses were so lacking in vigilance that they allowed me to be sexually assaulted 6 times by 2 different people, whilst in hospital. How the fuck is that going to help me recover?

Ive been held for 18 hours a couple times in the last year in the holding areas of those places, under section 136, two different hospitals, (southwest UK) One was fairly OK, left to myself whilst they decided what to do with me, the other was awful, some women kept walking into my room whilst I was trying to rest screaming at me, then she would be on her phone shouting to her dad, it was hell, she was amendment she was going home, and was apparently *concerned* for me! The workers did fuck all but shut my door which she promptly reopened!
If its like that in just the holding area, fuck going into main hospital!
I've been sectioned five times since 2016. I was held in the Netherlands for 2 weeks, here for a month, fine for a year then sectioned for another month, then sectioned again for a couple of months and finally 3 months.

It's ridiculous set up in the hospital. Last year I had 10 days in. I think it tipped me over the edge for good. haven't left the house since or even tried to hope

I don't see how it does help anyone, I can totally understand it tipping you over the edge.

Last edited:
Reactions: BeeLoyal and GoBack
puppy9

puppy9

au revoir
Jun 13, 2019
I was admitted because of self-harming. The first day I was admitted they told me to jump down the river and die rather than self-harm. They drug the shit out of me. They are not interested in listening, they're so obsessed to narrate my life. They treat prisoners better than mental health patients.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: disabledandhopeless, Skathon, RayoSinSol and 2 others
a.n.kirillov

a.n.kirillov

velle non discitur
Nov 17, 2019
Mh I would be grateful for that. Although its a pretty pitiful admission of failure. I would have documented that and sent it to public health officials.

GoBack

GoBack

Paragon
Apr 25, 2020
I've been in before and always came out worse, except for one voluntary stay in a private hospital, but that was just lucky.

This time I had People wandering into my room, one male patient following me around. Nurses did nothin about it. Being locked in with that is awful when the roots of my problems is in sexual assault.

It's just bad. The paranoia gets me everytime. "Why is everyone staring at me" 3 days later, oh because I'm on suicide watch duh"

• Hugs
Reactions: BeeLoyal and BitterlyAlive
W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
I've been in before and always came out worse, except for one voluntary stay in a private hospital, but that was just lucky.

This time I had People wandering into my room, one male patient following me around. Nurses did nothin about it. Being locked in with that is awful when the roots of my problems is in sexual assault.

It's just bad. The paranoia gets me everytime. "Why is everyone staring at me" 3 days later, oh because I'm on suicide watch duh"
I don't get how they could allow two male patients to get close enough to me to sexually assault me 3x each when I was categorised as vulnerable, then they didn't go through protocol of getting a report or anything about what happened. Yeah exactly, they shouldn't allow someone to follow you around.

• Hugs
Reactions: kyle and GoBack
kyle

kyle

Sleeping away all my problems
May 3, 2020
In my opinion, I am against the idea of mental hospitals. They will force you to take your meds when you have patient rights to not take them and refuse them. I came out worse then I came in, I've been in various acute and residential hospitals since the age of 18 and the staff were very aggressive with restraints and the adult unit most of the time. I would prefer trying treatment at home as it may be more beneficial to your mental health.

Reactions: disabledandhopeless, a.n.kirillov, Skathon and 3 others
GoBack

GoBack

Paragon
Apr 25, 2020
I don't get how they could allow two male patients to get close enough to me to sexually assault me 3x each when I was categorised as vulnerable, then they didn't go through protocol of getting a report or anything about what happened. Yeah exactly, they shouldn't allow someone to follow you around.

They just watch from behind their big plastic screen bubble like they're watching animals in the zoo.

I don't know how they let that happen to you. It should be an obvious thing to be on watch for in a mixed ward of people they don't know who is capable of what.

Bring followed around sounds nothin compared to that, just not being able to get away from him and being so weak from being sick , knowing I could do nothing if anything happened

Reactions: disabledandhopeless, a.n.kirillov, Walilamdzi and 1 other person
kyle

kyle

May 3, 2020
I've also been on multiple high-risk watches and 1:1 checks. It was uncomfortable to have a staff be with you every single hour of the day and watch you take showers.
I was admitted because of self-harming. The first day I was admitted they told me to jump down the river and die rather than self-harm. They drug the shit out of me. They are not interested in listening, they're so obsessed to narrate my life. They treat prisoners better than mental health patients.
Who told you to jump in a river, staff or patients?

Last edited:
Reactions: puppy9 and GoBack
puppy9

puppy9

au revoir
Jun 13, 2019
I've also been on multiple high-risk watches and 1:1 checks. It was uncomfortable to have a staff be with you every single hour of the day and watch you take showers.

Who told you to jump in a river, staff or patients?
Staff :'(
The patients are nice tho.

kyle

kyle

May 3, 2020
Staff :'(
The patients are nice tho.
Staff must've not been trained professionally I assume? That really sucks and I'm sorry, the staff at the hospitals I've went to can be nice and some are just disrespectful.
Also, patients vary. Some are assholes and some are really understanding of what people are going through. My perspective of hospitals.

Reactions: puppy9
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019

fucking assshats and they wonder why people with MH issues are getting worse

Reactions: Skathon, puppy9 and kyle
GoBack

GoBack

Paragon
Apr 25, 2020
I've rarely met a psych nurse who genuinely gave a fuck. Some do. But they are also under the doctors, who are power control freaks s lot the time. Playing god with people's lives and sanity. True evil lurks in psych wards. I can't talk about this anymore.... I maybe losing it

• Hugs
Reactions: Ybother, disabledandhopeless, Skathon and 6 others
kyle

kyle

May 3, 2020
I've rarely met a psych nurse who genuinely gave a fuck. Some do. But they are also under the doctors, who are power control freaks s lot the time. Playing god with people's lives and sanity. True evil lurks in psych wards. I can't talk about this anymore.... I maybe losing it
Yeah. They ask you how you're feeling and then higher your medication. I don't understand the doctors at any mental hospital.

Reactions: disabledandhopeless, Skathon, puppy9 and 2 others
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
Yeah. They ask you how you're feeling and then higher your medication. I don't understand the doctors at any mental hospital.

Do they read a book and assume they know it all, despite people not being a book, more of a labyrinth

Reactions: Ybother, Skathon, puppy9 and 2 others
Justhere

Justhere

Student
Feb 2, 2020
One of the doctors in my last psychward tried to convince me my condition didn't qualify for a certain criteria... I looked it up. IT was the first one there. He also told me one of my meds, forgot what it was called -don't take it anymore,- shouldn't cause any sideeffects because "they were antihistomines." It's NOT MY INCOMPETENCE that's making you feel completely terrible. It would have been hilarious, except this person is in charge of doling mood-altering substances to everyone. He also threatened he'd tell my mom how to legally acquire the right to shove meds into my mouth everyday. Fuck that guy

Reactions: Skathon, puppy9 and Walilamdzi
MartyByrde

MartyByrde

Experienced
Mar 15, 2020
Honestly being there has given me far more issues than I had in the first place. I blame the conditions there for me totally giving up on life.
Been there--twice. The experience fucked me up too. It made me realize how much worse things can get, how poorly suited medicine and care facilities are to treat the mentally ill, and it's based upon a punishment model. I avoid it now not because it was simply not fun, but because it fucked me up in such a way I'm scared to return. I'm scared it will make me worse as well.

Not to mention being handcuffed and put in the back of a police car without having done anything but express my feelings taught me the whole "Tell people how you're feeling" is a farce.

• Love
Reactions: Skathon, puppy9, RayoSinSol and 1 other person
RayoSinSol

RayoSinSol

I can’t ignore the abyss. It is real.
Mar 26, 2020
Psychiatry and psychology are still in the dark ages. Mental health professionals are, by and large, just well-trained propagandists for a field of science that is still completely grasping at air, in my opinion. Psychiatric drugs are basically all still experimental.

Which is to say, psychiatric wards are just a few degrees away from being cages for human guinea pigs.

Throw them in. Pump them full of experimental chemicals. Hope to god that something sticks, so they'll just shut up and leave us all alone.

• Love
Reactions: Una, Skathon, puppy9 and 2 others
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
Not to mention being handcuffed and put in the back of a police car without having done anything but express my feelings taught me the whole "Tell people how you're feeling" is a farce.

handcuffed and in the back of a police van when you have done nothing criminal fucking sucks! 35 mins locked in the back of one, their reassuring words doing nothing but angering me!

W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
@MartyByrde I was put in a police ambulance, which had a cage and no seatbelt then rushed in that down a motorway while I was having a psychotic break with no idea why I was in a cage... It's dreadful that they transport people who are having a health crisis like this.

Reactions: MartyByrde and Soulless_Angel
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
@MartyByrde I was put in a police ambulance, which had a cage and no seatbelt then rushed in that down a motorway while I was having a psychotic break with no idea why I was in a cage... It's dreadful that they transport people who are having a health crisis like this.

similar to what I posted above! I stillhave the CCTV footage of the asshats pulling my from my home hand cuffed not caring dragging me to a police van which then fuckng broke down!

• Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: puppy9 and MartyByrde
W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
similar to what I posted above! I stillhave the CCTV footage of the asshats pulling my from my home hand cuffed not caring dragging me to a police van which then fuckng broke down!
How did you get the CCTV footage?