• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Ironweed

Ironweed

Nauseated.
Nov 9, 2019
You should get on Mastodon also. An open space twitter alternative, that's superior in every way. Just not a lot of users.

https://joinmastodon.org

Don't they boot people off the platform for posting politically incorrect things? In fact, I thought they were even stricter about the discussion allowed than Twitter is.

Twitter and Telegram.

There's no way to get onto Telegram without giving them your phone number, though.

I'm a little surprised you recommend the app given that there's a whole thread about using Tor, avoiding Chrome and so on. Yet you think you can actually trust whoever is behind Telegram with your phone number?

Reactions: CallOfTheVoid112
LunarPyotr

LunarPyotr

Похорони меня возле МКАДа
Jul 4, 2020
Hey, did you guys possibly think about creating a 1:1 backup of this forum and making it use the Tor network?
If this site would go down, we all could just go to the .onion url of this forum and just login without creating an new account.

The only thing would be, that you would have to announce the new url on Discord/Twitter...
and not everyone will know that you need a special browser in order to access deepweb/darknet

Reactions: polarbear
Throwawaysoul

Throwawaysoul

Mage
May 14, 2018
Don't they boot people off the platform for posting politically incorrect things? In fact, I thought they were even stricter about the discussion allowed than Twitter is.

Depends on the "instance", yeah the main one is PC. But You can join an instance that allows what you're looking for or even start your own. If you start your own, it's decentralized so you're in control and federated so it can communicate with other instances too.

Last edited:
Niftypoint124

Niftypoint124

Student
Nov 7, 2020
Thank you for providing clarity and reassurance to members that don't have the same technical knowledge about hosting/domains/mirrors.

I'm of the opinion engaging with F26 on Twitter or elsewhere is more of a hindrance than a help to those who need this site and the resources it contains.

BlackCatTalk

BlackCatTalk

StrayCat
Apr 28, 2019
Personally gave me a lot of anger or sadnesst thatthese people attack that way, I understand the loss but, at least I met and talked to one of the guys who are there included and what I realized is that at least what I knew about that person was a lie, the family Even recognize it right there in the story, I have never encouraged anyone nor will I do it to ctb, I think it must be a personal decision and above all well measured, but I cannot believe that they say it is the fault of the site when the person here gave a version and at home there was another ... We would have to see why if the family knew the situation they simply did not prevent this?( I mean if it is as easy as closing a website) ... Really cases where the suicide does not give clues of what he will do or does not have a mental history are rare.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
G

goomsoom

M - 30
Jan 17, 2020
is there any thread about mirror links? Sorry I was away for quite a while.

Antinous

Antinous

Sep 26, 2018
Thank you, Marquis, for your persistence and your talented work. Thank you to everyone who created this safe place, this haven for people who have difficult questions to ask, for people who need to find a supportive community, for those who have nowhere else to turn because they are surrounded by idiots and bullies.

All rational adults have the right to a peaceful elective death at the time, place, and manner of their choosing. Self-determination over one's death is a fundamental right; it is not dependent on anyone else's authority, including any legal, medical, or moral authority. No lawyer or doctor or priest was involved in how my life began. The same goes for the end.

Heinous societies have made the discussion of elective death a taboo. By withholding information and by attempting to suppress discussion, society forces people to act out of ignorance and desperation. Ignorance and desperation don't stop people from electing their own death, but ignorance and desperation are often key factors in that death being horrific instead of peaceful. Where is the compassion?

Bulldogbitch

Bulldogbitch

Lifes a bitch, so am I
Feb 12, 2020
I know that some of you may be scared and afraid of this place being taken offline, but as of right now, I can come out and confidently say that this will not happen.

We have contingency plans in the case that something is suspended or taken away from us, such as daily backups, alternative/mirror domains, and alternate providers. If Cloudflare dropped us, we could be back up in a matter of minutes. If our hosting provider dropped us, we could be back up in a matter of hours, and if our domain is suspended, we could switch to an alternative domain in a matter of minutes. We have been planning for the worst for years, and we are confident even if they coordinated all those takedowns at the same time (which is very unlikely), we could be back online within 24 hours. Knowing what I know today compared to 2 years ago, we are in a much better position today than ever before.

Groups like FixThe26 realistically can't do anything to this community or any of our members, legally or otherwise. If they had the power and support to take us down, we wouldn't be here today. They know that they can't take us down through legal means, so they have resort to bullying and harassing our members. One member, in particular, was harassed and bullied on Twitter to the point of tears and possibly killing themselves prematurely, which makes me very upset.

I do get where these grieving parents are coming from, and I imagine that losing your child to suicide is the worst feeling in the world, but taking down our community isn't going to prevent suicide. In fact, it might just make matters worse. As a community, you all have been supportive of other members and have helped many through the worst of times. Personally, I have not observed an instance where someone has encouraged someone to take their life. Even in Shawn's goodbye thread, there was no one encouraging her to take her own life, contrary to what the media and her mother says.

They have been trying to paint every single member here as a pedo, child trafficker, murderer, or sadist when that's clearly not the case. They'll continue to take us out of context, screenshot our posts, and try to frame what people say in the worst possible light regardless of what we say or do. Their goal isn't about finding the truth; it's about taking us down by any means necessary, including trying to get us to turn against each other.

As for Twitter, I made a Community Poll gauging the opinion of the community on us having a Twitter account, and I believe that debating with FixThe26 is not productive. Debating with those that will twist your opinion no matter what you say will never lead to anything good. Fighting fire with fire never ends well, and I do agree with much of the sentiment that was expressed in the poll and the thread. This is why I have cleaned our Twitter timeline and blocked FixThe26 along with their affiliates. I believe most of the sentiment against us keeping our account is related to us drawing unwanted attention that could get us to shut down, or that it's not productive and I still do agree with those points to an extent. I also believe that we should still maintain a social media presence for site updates and to interact with people but not with people like FixThe26 and their affiliates.

Interacting with these people have made many people's mental health worse, mines included. I was against having a Twitter presence at the start of this forum for many reasons, but the most important reason was that we didn't want to draw unwanted attention to this community. Unfortunately, this ended up happening due to the media being dishonest about this community and its members. We want to remain true to this community main purpose: To give people a place to vent, to talk freely about suicide and the issues surrounding it.

After speaking to a few other moderators, we believe it is best to keep and maintain the Twitter account following the guidance I set above.

We survived previous media onslaught almost completely unscathed, and we will survive this one too. Their endeavors will ultimately be fruitless and produce no results. There have been many people that have tried to take our website down by sending abuse complaints and even by illegal means (DDoS attacks), and they have failed in keeping us offline.

Our website will remain online, and we will continue to keep this community together, no matter what comes our way.
If we didn't have capacity regarding our individual mental health, then we would all be sectioned surely! That shows we have capacity to join this supportive group and continue to use this group for help and support.
The community setting don't have the time, money or resources to even attempt to help those who are struggling and want help, so seek support of our supportive online forum.
Freedom of choice, surely they can't take that away from us?

Last edited:
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
If we didn't have capacity regarding our individual mental health, then we would all be sectioned surely! That shows we have capacity to join this supportive group and continue to use this group for help and support.
The community setting don't have the time, money or resources to even attempt to help those who are struggling and want help, so seek support of our supportive online forum.

You think they're smart enough to understand what you're saying? The people that are pulling this site had children and failed to keep them alive, even. They are mentally handicapped from my perspective. They should be treated like children calling you names.