• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Not Waving But Browned Off….
Sep 27, 2023
I've always found it a weird paradox that most people feel alone so that means humans are actually united in our loneliness, aren't we?

Seems so sad we can't access each other's brain, just join up in one mass cerebral hug.

Reactions: Joarga, divinemistress36, Gonnerr and 3 others
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
That's why we're on SS

Reactions: Sageiois, divinemistress36, darkenmydoorstep and 4 others
Namarupa

Namarupa

Student
Jan 24, 2024
One cold winter's day, a number of porcupines huddled together quite closely in order through their mutual warmth to prevent themselves from being frozen. But they soon felt the effect of their quills on one another, which made them again move apart. Now when the need for warmth once more brought them together, the drawback of the quills was repeated so that they were tossed between two evils, until they had discovered the proper distance from which they could best tolerate one another. Thus the need for society which springs from the emptiness and monotony of men's lives, drives them together; but their many unpleasant and repulsive qualities and insufferable drawbacks once more drive them apart. The mean distance which they finally discover, and which enables them to endure being together, is politeness and good manners. Whoever does not keep to this, is told in England to 'keep his distance'. By virtue thereof, it is true that the need for mutual warmth will be only imperfectly satisfied, but on the other hand, the prick of the quills will not be felt. Yet whoever has a great deal of internal warmth of his own will prefer to keep away from society in order to avoid giving or receiving trouble or annoyance.
Your post reminded me of this short parable by Schopenhauer.

Reactions: darkenmydoorstep, 4am, locked*n*loaded and 2 others
Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Missed my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
@Namarupa love your profile pic btw

Reactions: Namarupa
4am

4am

there’s nothing for you (it/its)
Dec 14, 2023
if most people are alone, why don't they just become friends with other alone people, duh

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim
darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Not Waving But Browned Off….
Sep 27, 2023
if most people are alone, why don't they become friends with other alone people, duh
Because they feel the loneliness they're feeling is exclusive to them and in some ways it is because we are all different, aren't we? So feel it in a slightly different way.

Reactions: Joarga and divinemistress36