A

Ammended

Oct 29, 2023
It's a relief to be able to talk about this subject without being given the there-there's and suspicious looks, or being threatened with medication, therapy or holds.

I have known for sometime that my time is coming to an end and I have been preparing. Quietly. I have cover stories for anything that might raise questions.

I joined a sub about estate planning and was shocked at how much paperwork is involved in dying. I spent months gathering all the important documents and updating so many things.

I have done as much as a I can and now I need to prepare. I followed a couple of threads and am worried that some options have become that much harder. I don't think I have the will for heights or ropes, but if I can't find another option violence may be all the choice I have.

I am just so sad and angry right now, we should have options or at least less roadblocks.

• Hugs
Reactions: Painfu.Ll.suffering, katagiri83 and DeadHead
hmskms

hmskms

trying to escape a world governed by sociopaths.
Jun 12, 2023
uhh, im sorry, paperwork?

dude, youre going to die. youre not going to live to see anything youve left behind. the only preparation you require are your means of exit.

timeslipp

timeslipp

Oct 30, 2023

dude, youre going to die. youre not going to live to see anything youve left behind. the only preparation you require are your means of exit.
true, you won't be there to see it, but I can sympathize with wanting to get your affairs in order before you go.

• Love
Reactions: higherthanthesun, DyingToDie123, chuerdhmproton and 2 others
C

ClownWorld2023

Arcanist
Sep 18, 2023
I'm doing this myself too.

The only reasons I'm doing it are to minimize taxes and to prevent some family members from inheriting from me.

Reactions: DeadHead and Ammended
A

Ammended

Oct 29, 2023

By the paperwork, I mean making sure that a will is set up, how to access bank accounts, that those important to me are taken care of. When I started, the list just kept getting bigger. It's done now. In hindsight, with the stricter guidelines getting ingredients, I should have started there.

Reactions: Painfu.Ll.suffering and DeadHead
hmskms

hmskms

Jun 12, 2023
true, you won't be there to see it, but I can sympathize with wanting to get your affairs in order before you go.
and you know what youre right. i just cant get through it without the demons telling me otherwise.

Reactions: timeslipp
A

Ammended

Oct 29, 2023
I'm doing this myself too.

The only reasons I'm doing it are to minimize taxes and to prevent some family members from inheriting from me.
This is a part of my reasoning as well. I also want closing out my affairs to be as simple as possible.

Reactions: DeadHead
F

freetrees

Aug 2, 2023

yes? like I don't know why I feel self conscious dying in my pajamas. like would people judge my corpse or something? would they laugh at my outfit and my dead body? before my attempt i literally made sure to close my internet tabs and put on something nice. at the same time tho, wouldn't be alive to be embarrassed by it

hmskms

hmskms

Jun 12, 2023
yes? like I don't know why I feel self conscious dying in my pajamas. like would people judge my corpse or something? would they laugh at my outfit and my dead body? before my attempt i literally made sure to close my internet tabs and put on something nice. at the same time tho, wouldn't be alive to be embarrassed by it
i understand it's an impulse, im not immune to it either. i just feel so fucking stupid when i do it and it's painful.

A

Ammended

Oct 29, 2023
I hadn't even thought about clothing. I will add it to my countdown list of things to do before I start the regimen.
and you know what youre right. i just cant get through it without the demons telling me otherwise.
It was hard. That little voice in the back of my head that has never shuts up, does the same thing. I wish you peace and kindness.

A

Ammended

Oct 29, 2023
Today I started writing out my goodbye letters to add to my will and other paperwork. There were a lot of tears.

D

DeadHead

Belief is the enemy of knowledge
Aug 20, 2023
I've done this too, it's utterly exhausting. I've come to realise it's a living document, things change, things happen and then you have to amend everything so the instructions are clear.
I feel terrible for the person who is my executor, because its going to be a shit load of work for them. Dealing with my tax affairs, selling my house and so much more.
So I've tried to make things as clear as possible.

Reactions: katagiri83
A

Ammended

Oct 29, 2023
I've done this too, it's utterly exhausting. I've come to realise it's a living document, things change, things happen and then you have to amend everything so the instructions are clear.
I feel terrible for the person who is my executor, because its going to be a shit load of work for them. Dealing with my tax affairs, selling my house and so much more.
So I've tried to make things as clear as possible.
I have a complete binder, even pre-filled and signed forms for assorted things. It should be fairly straight forward.

penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023

Sometimes you just want to do one last act of kindness for the people around you and sort out your affairs. I heard that in deaths that don't involve a will, things can get messy in the family and cause a feud.