• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Bed

Bed

Global Mod
Aug 24, 2019
Most people when you mention suicide, go straight to posting the suicide hotline and think they're a great person for doing so.
Barely anyone wants to put in actual effort to be there for you.

Meanwhile mental healthcare systems are abysmal in most places around the world; underfunded, long waitlists, overworked staff, underpaid and time limited. A lot of places don't even accept you if you're "too" suicidal. Have had that happen to me first hand and was told by a social worker to lie on the scoresheets to make it seem like I'm less suicidal. it's absurd.

it seems to be all about statistics and bumping their numbers up to make it look like these resources are helping as many people as possible. meanwhile people who are treatment resistant just fall through the cracks of society. Also a lot of people including most professionals in the field don't understand you don't have to be mentally ill to be suicidal.

If you're depressed and/or contemplating suicide because of a physical health condition you're deemed mentally ill. no one in their right mind wants to live in constant physical pain all day. can't get access to meds that work for it and instead just get thrown anti-depressants. quality of life should be heavily considered and should outweigh possible dependence/addiction when it comes to stronger medications for pain.

the whole system is focused on treating symptoms rather than the root cause of ailments. yes it works for some people but not all. the cookie cutter approach needs to change and we need to focus on the root cause of why people suffer or we're not really fixing anything.. we're just adapting to undesired circumstances and these problems will continue to arise for more and more people if nothing is done internally to change the system.

Dot

Dot

Globl mod - Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
Agree

Systms d/ nt lke complx cses & if smethng ds nt fit in2 th/ DSM thn thy r nt intrstd

Am nt sre hw mch = bcse of thm b-ing ovr-workd or hw mch = bcse mny professnls hve sch a limtd perspctve of m.h issus & thr causs tht thy wll eithr squze a complx issu in2 1 of thr boxs bcse thy d/ nt knw n.e bettr or wll jst ignre thm & thn blme th/ patnt

M.h cre hs nt mch progrssd mch frm th/ dys of lobotmis

carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
A lot in the health care profession don't know how to or don't want the hassle of dealing with complex cases. They would rather just push them to the side or kick the can down the road and treat somebody that has a simple indentifiable solution.

Bed

Bed

Global Mod
Aug 24, 2019
Agree

Systms d/ nt lke complx cses & if smethng ds nt fit in2 th/ DSM thn thy r nt intrstd

Am nt sre hw mch = bcse of thm b-ing ovr-workd or hw mch = bcse mny professnls hve sch a limtd perspctve of m.h issus & thr causs tht thy wll eithr squze a complx issu in2 1 of thr boxs bcse thy d/ nt knw n.e bettr or wll jst ignre thm & thn blme th/ patnt
this as well. even just for relatively normal treatment resistant cases a lot of mental health professionals are underqualified.
M.h cre hs nt mch progrssd mch frm th/ dys of lobotmis
agreed. i think we will look back in 50 years and view the mental healthcare treatments we do now as barbaric. we have a long way to go..

A lot in the health care profession don't know how to or don't want the hassle of dealing with complex cases. They would rather just push them to the side or kick the can down the road and treat somebody that has a simple indentifiable solution.
sadly.. and it also skews statistics for that mental healthcare facility to make it seem like the treatments in place there are "curing"/helping a higher percentage of people than they really are.

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
Agree. I had a conversation with a psychiatrist. It went something like this

Me: what if someone cuts their leg off and is in constant pain and wants to ctb?
Him: well that would be a symptom of depression

I'm dead serious. I didn't see him afterwards. This is how most think lmao.

"Thinking about suicide? Oh no that is depression and needs to be medicated. We aren't going to look for the root causes of it and treat them we are only going to look at the symptoms"

Pathetic. Therapists may be more qualified in treating depression than some of these "medical professionals"

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
Agree. I had a conversation with a psychiatrist. It went something like this

Me: what if someone cuts their leg off and is in constant pain and wants to ctb?
Him: well that would be a symptom of depression

I'm dead serious. I didn't see him afterwards. This is how most think lmao.

"Thinking about suicide? Oh no that is depression and needs to be medicated. We aren't going to look for the root causes of it and treat them we are only going to look at the symptoms"

Pathetic. Therapists may be more qualified in treating depression than some of these "medical professionals"
This was basically me, I had foot pain so bad I wanted them amputated. My attempts were a rational decision based on the facts that I was in extreme pain, had no quality of life and didn't see any way I would get better.

Told the doctor about everything and diagnosed with "depression"

Dot

Dot

Globl mod - Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
This was basically me, I had foot pain so bad I wanted them amputated. My attempts were a rational decision based on the facts that I was in extreme pain, had no quality of life and didn't see any way I would get better.

Told the doctor about everything and diagnosed with "depression"

Slf ws talkng abt slf in 3rd persn - hs technclly nt stoppd bcse evntlly settld on callng slf 'slf' & ws revrtng bck t/ callng parnts Mmmy & Dddy whle talkng in childrns voics & refrrng t/ 'adlt slf' as a dffrnt persn --- ws diagnosd wth BPD/EUPD

Hve bn rfusd b/ all nurolgsts tht refrrls wre snt 2 & tld tht mght hve 'FND'

Cmplte & uttr bollx

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
I do have some sympathy for the health care professionals who aren#t equipped to deal with complex cases

If you want a Doctors perspective I reccomend the first few minutes of this video (just after 3 1/2 mins in)

Last edited:
dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
Have had that happen to me first hand and was told by a social worker to lie on the scoresheets to make it seem like I'm less suicidal. it's absurd.
So the mental healthcare system is designed in a way that those who badly need help, need to make themselves look like they don't need as much help just to get help in the first place or else they won't. Absolutely speechless at this.
the whole system is focused on treating symptoms rather than the root cause of ailments.
This is the reason I've been suicidal since I was 8 years old, 15 years ago. They never cared for the root causes which caused the symptoms. It was all about coping. Maybe, just maybe if the root causes could've been addressed instead of ignored I and many others on this forum could've lived better lives. Unfortunately, we have to continue suffering every day.

N

nothingtolivefor

Mar 17, 2024
Yeah I've tried crisis lines and they never do much for me. They always stick to such a strict script it feels like it could be an AI bot. But if it helps anyone I guess it's good they're there.
I think there's just too many miserable people, so many it's impossible to help most or even a lot of them. You can only help someone so much with one conversation. People like me who don't have any reason to keep going, even the kindest words aren't going to make life worth living by themselves.
I haven't gone to a psych ward yet, I've seriously considered it lately but they'd probably put me on zombie drugs that would melt my brain and just make everything even harder...even SSRIs I feel had a significant negative effect on my brain long-term.
So whenever I text or call these lines I can never really be fully honest. Not like I am here. I think here is the safest place to vent.

untothedepths

untothedepths

I am falling I am fading I have lost it all
Mar 20, 2023
There is no incentive to make mental health better, even though while doing so and addressing economic and societal issues we would see people feel better. I'm honestly really disgusted by this aspect of life. I'd volunteer the rest of this tumor riddled body into programs to help others for free if I knew we were going to make the push and see better times ahead. I'm really tired of people being busy playing world wide conquest, destroying thousands of lives, taking the food of the mouths of children, giving billions of taxpayers money to companies but helping anyone is JuSt ToO ExPEnSIvE.

B

brokeandbroken

Warlock
Apr 18, 2023
Most people when you mention suicide, go straight to posting the suicide hotline and think they're a great person for doing so.
Barely anyone wants to put in actual effort to be there for you.

Meanwhile mental healthcare systems are abysmal in most places around the world; underfunded, long waitlists, overworked staff, underpaid and time limited. A lot of places don't even accept you if you're "too" suicidal. Have had that happen to me first hand and was told by a social worker to lie on the scoresheets to make it seem like I'm less suicidal. it's absurd.

it seems to be all about statistics and bumping their numbers up to make it look like these resources are helping as many people as possible. meanwhile people who are treatment resistant just fall through the cracks of society. Also a lot of people including most professionals in the field don't understand you don't have to be mentally ill to be suicidal.

If you're depressed and/or contemplating suicide because of a physical health condition you're deemed mentally ill. no one in their right mind wants to live in constant physical pain all day. can't get access to meds that work for it and instead just get thrown anti-depressants. quality of life should be heavily considered and should outweigh possible dependence/addiction when it comes to stronger medications for pain.

the whole system is focused on treating symptoms rather than the root cause of ailments. yes it works for some people but not all. the cookie cutter approach needs to change and we need to focus on the root cause of why people suffer or we're not really fixing anything.. we're just adapting to undesired circumstances and these problems will continue to arise for more and more people if nothing is done internally to change the system.
It's simple far easier to put someone on meds then to solve the issues at hand. I've been to 3 psychwards in the US. And I haven't met a psychiatrist who I thought was hard working. They are some of laziest people... Instead of fixing problems they put a bandaid on it all while knowing it's likely to fester and cause other issues.

Ampsvx123

Ampsvx123

Student
Jul 10, 2018
Nothing has to change, the ephemeral is meant to be wicked, the greatest of all souls are found here among the romans. It is through its unfairness and evil that one learns empathy - purifies one's soul.
Let romans do as they wish on Earth, let em poison their posterities, here lie their deathbed and home.

Reactions: divinemistress36
itsover404

itsover404

Mar 10, 2024
this as well. even just for relatively normal treatment resistant cases a lot of mental health professionals are underqualified.

agreed. i think we will look back in 50 years and view the mental healthcare treatments we do now as barbaric. we have a long way to go..

sadly.. and it also skews statistics for that mental healthcare facility to make it seem like the treatments in place there are "curing"/helping a higher percentage of people than they really are.
if only they understood the brain better..

Reactions: divinemistress36
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
A well person is not a paying customer so pharmaceutical companies don't want depression cured. They want people just functional enough to pay for pills for life.

The government doesn't care as most the MPs have shares in said companies. The NHS goes bankrupt but the wealthy all have BUPA so they don't care either.

U

unabletocope

Arcanist
Mar 13, 2024
Correct, a huge political upheaval is needed to pretty much address this (don't want to get too political here but as someone who would take euthanasia/assisted suicide in a heartbeat the reality is that its all political and the politics/social climate is a barrier between what choices can be made, something these zealots ironically claim to be in favour of, people making their own choices but ah they have to be choices we approve of! Makes me sick)

Reactions: Chronicoverwhelm
leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
The system is broken.
I've developed symptoms of fibromyalgia recently and decided to skip the whole 'jumping through hoops' with doctors and started self treating.
Because in my country it's not even a well known illness, it would be a waste of time. So I bought an e-book from Amazon about fibromyalgia and did the things they recommend. I got myself tested for food sensitivities and scored high with some common foods. So I cut them out. My pain improved 70-80 percent. With doctors I would just get ridiculed and would be told to exercise more and bullshit like that.
I also got myself a private metal health therapist. Luckily I found one that was affordable for me.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
No offence to those for who therapy worked for (and more power to you I guess) but I see current medical treatments in the same way as people right now view medival methods used to cure the black plague. With everything that they do, I just can't not see it that way. I believe that, whilst technology has been evolving at an exponential rate, our information regarding the brain as well as those who are suicidal have been the same.

For as long as people continue to view and treat the suicidal as they currently do, I believe that no progress can be made in helping them recover

Redleaf1992

Redleaf1992

Just leave us the f*ck alone!
Feb 3, 2024
Totally agree about treating cause vs symptoms. It seems bizarre and contradictory to how we treat physical conditions.

I was actually impressed with a charity in the UK I was signposted to that offer support maintaining and finding new careers with mental health challenges.

On their website I was surprised to find out they also offer somthing that sounds similiar to inpatient treatment. But the treatment is based around developing skills to promote future career prospects in a safe environment. This is what care should be (but for a wider range of challenges).

Reactions: Kit1
Raindancer

Raindancer

Experienced
Nov 4, 2023
It's simple far easier to put someone on meds then to solve the issues at hand. I've been to 3 psychwards in the US. And I haven't met a psychiatrist who I thought was hard working. They are some of laziest people... Instead of fixing problems they put a bandaid on it all while knowing it's likely to fester and cause other issues.
I was inpatient with an eating disorder and they immediately wanted to,put me on like 3 meds. I refused and said that if they were sticking their heads in a toilet multiple times a day, they would be depressed too. Let's see how I feel after I stop doing that. They were so angry I refused meds and it was miserable the entire stay. I did recover with no meds.

C

ConfusedClouds

Mar 9, 2024
Like with most things, the state is too caught up with filling their own and their mate's (corporate) pockets leaving the people they are meant to 'serve' to essentially fend for themselves. Most issues eventually then 'dampened' by goodwill and charity out of desperation decreasing the 'issue' to an easier size to brush back under the carpet.

Reactions: reclaimedbynature
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
I live in the US and it is completely broken. The 988 system which cost millions of dollars is nothing but a joke. If you have a mental disability in the US you are totally FUCKED. There is no help. You are totally on your own.
It sucks nobody cares we are depressed

casual_existence

casual_existence

Student
Jul 29, 2023
I hope that AI will be able to help us with this.

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

The drip finally stops
Oct 21, 2023
Psychiatrists are only ever focused on diagnosing people and pressuring them into taking drugs, not actually helping others. It's a joke of profession.

Reactions: HereTomorrow