E

Erick

Student
Jan 18, 2024
Sorry to hear that about your health and money, that combo is rough :\

As for me, it's kind of complicated. But I don't think you actually have to be that depressed in order to want to CTB, I think you just have to see that the juice isn't worth the squeeze.
Depression is a bitch. It affects even rich and famous people who have everything.
The problem with CTB is that it is way too hard to overcome the fear of pain and death.

Reactions: divinemistress36 and sserafim
Smaragdine

Smaragdine

Mar 31, 2024
Do you prefer me to tell a healthy young girl that she should hang herself?
No. But maybe not to judge someone for thinking about suicide *in a forum about suicide* should be a no-brainer. What age and gender has to do with that is beyond me. And objectifying.

Reactions: RosesFlourish, 4am, ijustwishtodie and 1 other person
E

Erick

Student
Jan 18, 2024
No. But maybe not to judge someone for thinking about suicide *in a forum about suicide* should be a no-brainer. What age and gender has to do with that is beyond me. And objectifying.
She asked our opinion about the quote "the longer you wait, the more you lose".
I gave her my opinion. Just because it is a suicide forum doesn't mean we should always encourage people to kill themselves.
I'm not against her will to suicide, but if you really don't see another option in your life, you better suicide soon, because the longer you wait the harder your life will be, because the time spent trying to find a method and courage to pull the trigger, can be way too long.

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim
Smaragdine

Smaragdine

Mar 31, 2024
She asked our opinion about the quote "the longer you wait, the more you lose".
I gave her my opinion. Just because it is a suicide forum doesn't mean we should always encourage people to kill themselves.
I'm not against her will to suicide, but if you really don't see another option in your life, you better suicide soon, because the longer you wait the harder your life will be, because the time spent trying to find a method and courage to pull the trigger, can be way too long.
Maybe. Maybe not. If I misread some context I'm sorry. Water under the bridge.

Reactions: RosesFlourish and sserafim
Iamtired

Iamtired

Experienced
Sep 30, 2023
Sounds like FOMO. which is what they want you have, no? Lots of money to be made in consumers.

Reactions: sserafim and TiredOfAllThis
B

brokeandbroken

Enlightened
Apr 18, 2023
I
I saw this saying when I went out today. Do you agree or disagree?
I think I just lose. Waiting doesn't have anything to do with it.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie and sserafim
ScroogeMcDeath

ScroogeMcDeath

Mar 28, 2024
I think it's poignant. Loss is inevitable, the longer you stay here the more you will lose. There's a good chance you lose everything at some point and have to start over. If I could go back to when I was 9, I would choose a surer method. It hasn't been worth it to stick around.

Reactions: divinemistress36, ijustwishtodie, sserafim and 1 other person
C

cosmic-freedom

Student
Mar 18, 2024
Only the smart ones,the highly intelligent ones,the lucky ones get ahead in life.I learnt that death is mercy by waiting all this time.

Reactions: divinemistress36 and sserafim
T

TransientEternal

Student
Sep 24, 2023
Inaction leads to loss of opportunity. Well, not that it matters, all are equal in death.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, sserafim and TiredOfAllThis
Iamtired

Iamtired

Experienced
Sep 30, 2023
I think it's poignant. Loss is inevitable, the longer you stay here the more you will lose. There's a good chance you lose everything at some point and have to start over. If I could go back to when I was 9, I would choose a surer method. It hasn't been worth it to stick around.
I think it could be interpreted as "in the end everything will be taken away" but idk the way they phrased it is too suspicious to be that profound. It sounds more like an ode to time management and productivity. Which Fuck them

• Yay!
Reactions: ScroogeMcDeath and sserafim
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
If you are a healthy person in your 20s, you should be focused on making friends, going out, making money... Not wasting your time alone in bed, because one day you will have to find a job and go to all the stress of life, so it is better to start it soon, rather than waiting until you are in your 30s and forced to do that anyway.
In your 30s getting a decent job will be harder, as well as making friends if you didn't acquire experience while in your 20s.
I would have to do that if I survive but I wouldn't have to do any of that if I were dead. You have no way of guaranteeing that we will all be forced to work as some of us may just ctb before that even happens. You can only regret of thinking about ctb if you choose to live later on which isn't something that people here do.
That girl sserafim who made this thread, is cute, healthy and in her 20s, but she prefers to stay alone in her room rather than go out and live. And I find it sad that she thinks like that, because when she is 30, she will have to work anyway, but it will be a lot harder than it would be if she started now.
You say this as if you know what she looks like which... sounds creepy as hell. Her profile picture isn't even her if you were referring to that. Also, how do you know that she will even reach 30 to begin with? She claimed many times that she will ctb before she even reaches 25 and there could be a chance that she actually succeeds in this

Reactions: 4am and sserafim
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
is cute, healthy and in her 20s,
That's not her in her profile picture....

I agree that It's in her best interest to get engaged with something unless suicide is very imminent. But you aren't likely to get through to someone if you don't meet them where they are.

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
the longer you wait without love the more you lose

• Informative
Install-Gentoo

Install-Gentoo

Aug 23, 2022
If you are a healthy person in your 20s, you should be focused on making friends, going out, making money... Not wasting your time alone in bed, because one day you will have to find a job and go to all the stress of life, so it is better to start it soon, rather than waiting until you are in your 30s and forced to do that anyway.
In your 30s getting a decent job will be harder, as well as making friends if you didn't acquire experience while in your 20s.
That girl sserafim who made this thread, is cute, healthy and in her 20s, but she prefers to stay alone in her room rather than go out and live. And I find it sad that she thinks like that, because when she is 30, she will have to work anyway, but it will be a lot harder than it would be if she started now.
I understand your point of view. This makes sense for someone who might not be suicidal in the future.
However... What if that person is still suicidal in their 30s? 40s? I don't get it when you say "you'll have to work" because you only have to work if you want to support your future. If you want to die, then you have no future to support.
Also your comment about being healthy, female, and "cute" seems a little weird. Like you expect that through those aspects alone, one would be on top of the world. Maybe I'm misinterpreting though.

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I don't want to make friends, go out or make money. I dont want to have to work for a living. Work is literally modern day slavery. I don't like humanity or people in general, so why would I want friends? I don't want to go out and live. There's nothing to like about life anyways. Most people aren't even living; they're just surviving. You're not living if you have to work just to survive. You're a prisoner who doesn't know that they're in prison. I want to die before 25. I'm never going to reach 30 and I will never be in my 30s. I'm not even going to reach my mid and late 20s. Honestly, I never even wanted to live past 18. I couldn't imagine living past 18. I can't imagine reaching my mid 20s or beyond. It's not in the future that I see for myself. I want to die young and I feel like I am meant to do so
the longer you wait without love the more you lose
Lol. I don't know why people care about love so much. I've never been in love before so I don't know what it's like

Last edited:
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, 4am, iloverachel and 1 other person
Install-Gentoo

Install-Gentoo

Aug 23, 2022
Why are you writing this in a forum like this?
He should be allowed to say such opinions here. It's not an unreasonable argument to make, but it stems from an assumption that everyone will "grow out" of being suicidal. Rather than rejecting the person's presence, it's better to be respectful and refute their position.

• Informative
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, RosesFlourish and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
With regards to death, that assumes you accumilated things to begin with- friendship, love, achievements- attachments to life that may feel painful to lose.

With regards to living- you can't lose what you didn't have to begin with but sure- we can lose out in life if we let things hold us back. Fear, social anxiety, whatever debilitates us. They can prevent us living a life we might have found more fulfilling and happy. So- we can also regret dying or getting old and ill without ever having lived- as it were.

I'm not sure what the quote was in relation to but I imagine it was more to do with living. As in- do these things before it becomes too late. 'Seize the day.' All that stuff. To an extent, it's true I think. It's easy to get caught up in the daily grind of life. Studying hard, working hard to the exclusion of everything else.

It's also easier to let fear hold us back. It's scary to challenge yourself in life. There's the potential to fail and humiliate yourself. I imagine the quote is to try and motivate someone to do what's in their heart. Pursue the things they care about while they have the best chances of succeeding- which can be while we're young.

Of course- it isn't entirely practical. Someone who wants to travel needs to save enough money to do so. They may never save enough to do it if they are on minimum wage. Some people have to work all the time, just to get by.

Then, I imagine in your case and the case of many of us here, there's probably very little we even want from life now. The interest just simply isn't there to motivate us.
Carpe diem

Reactions: Forever Sleep and iloverachel
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
I don't want to make friends, go out or make money. I dont want to have to work for a living. Work is literally modern day slavery. I don't like humanity or people in general, so why would I want friends? I don't want to go out and live. There's nothing to like about life anyways. Most people aren't even living; they're just surviving. You're not living if you have to work just to survive. You're a prisoner who doesn't know that they're in prison. I want to die before 25. I'm never going to reach 30 and I will never be in my 30s. I'm not even going to reach my mid and late 20s. Honestly, I never even wanted to live past 18. I couldn't imagine living past 18. I can't imagine reaching my mid 20s or beyond. It's not in the future that I see for myself. I want to die young and I feel like I am meant to do so

Lol. I don't know why people care about love so much. I've never been in love before so I don't know what it's like
They are just saying it is never guaranteed that you will complete suicide no matter hoe sincere your intentions are (this forum is proof of that) and you could end up with a jacked up life like mine at 30+ still unable to CTB.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Forever Sleep and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
They are just saying it is never guaranteed that you will complete suicide no matter hoe sincere your intentions are (this forum is proof of that) and you could end up with a jacked up life like mine at 30+ still unable to CTB.
I wish that governments would make VAD/MAID legal so that I could have a guaranteed exit from this world. I never even wanted to live past 18, and I would have ctb if I knew that I would succeed. I'm basically being forced to stay alive against my will due to my fear of failure and the consequences that come with it. I wish I had a cyanide pill so that I could just go out now. It's honestly cruel for governments and society to restrict the right to die when no one even chose to be born anyways. Everyone deserves the right to die and to die a peaceful and painless guaranteed death. We all deserve the freedom and agency to choose when we want to die.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4am
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
I wish that they made VAD/MAID legal so that I could have a guaranteed exit from this world. I never even wanted to live past 18, and I would have ctb if I knew that I would succeed. I'm basically being forced to stay alive against my will due to my fear of failure and the consequences that come with it. I wish I had a cyanide pill so that I could just go out now. It's honestly cruel for governments and society to restrict the right to die when no one even chose to be born anyways. Everyone deserves the right to die and to die a peaceful, guaranteed death. We all deserve the freedom and agency to choose when we want to die.
You're preaching to the pope.

• Informative
E

Erick

Student
Jan 18, 2024
I would have to do that if I survive but I wouldn't have to do any of that if I were dead. You have no way of guaranteeing that we will all be forced to work as some of us may just ctb before that even happens. You can only regret of thinking about ctb if you choose to live later on which isn't something that people here do.

You say this as if you know what she looks like which... sounds creepy as hell. Her profile picture isn't even her if you were referring to that. Also, how do you know that she will even reach 30 to begin with? She claimed many times that she will ctb before she even reaches 25 and there could be a chance that she actually succeeds in this
Most people don't CTB, it is not guaranteed you will be able to CTB in the future, so if your plan is to CTB, but you fail, what you will do next? Be homeless because you spent years doing nothing because you thought you would be dead?
I spent the whole last year thinking I would be dead this year, but here I am. If CTB was easy and guaranteed this forum wouldn't exist.
When I talked about her looks, I was referring to the person in her picture, I thought it could be her, because she said she is asian and in her 20s, which is what the girl in the photo looks like.
But some people here are so toxic that all you want to hear is negative things. We can't even compliment a person here and try to make them feel better and less afraid of life.

True, life sucks and we are all slaves who spent most time of our lives working to get nothing in return.
But if your plan of CTB fail and you end up living beyond 30, you will be better off working and being a slave than being homeless.
That's the sad reality of life, we either die young or become a slavery to survive.

Last edited: