sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I saw this saying when I went out today. Do you agree or disagree?

Reactions: Rocinante, Lookingtoflyfree, DoomValuer and 12 others
Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
Depends on circumstances. If you are growing a plant (like bonsai trees) then no you don't lose. If you are waiting to get a job or something similar then yes you lose fuxking hard.

Should be: "connections you have, the quicker it is" being competent, hard working, intelligent is bottom of the list.

Reactions: heavyeyes, Kit1, davidtorez and 4 others
Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Missed my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
I agree when it comes to CTB. The longer you wait, the more suffering you go through.

• Informative
Reactions: bambibambam, Ksmиda, DyingToDie123 and 27 others
C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
I agree when it comes to CTB. The longer you wait, the more suffering you go through.
Yep there's this quote from Emil Coiran that resonates:
It is not worth the bother of killing yourself, since you always kill yourself too late.

Reactions: DyingToDie123, RosesFlourish, Iamtired and 7 others
MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
no idea what this quote means. when it's your time i think you'll know

Reactions: Kit1, davidtorez and sserafim
E

Erick

Student
Jan 18, 2024
I agree. Specially in your case, the longer you wait to go out, meet new people, start working... The more you lose.
Because one day when you are in your 30s, still living with your parents, with no money nor friends, you will regret the time you spent thinking about CTB.

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim, qsocdu, Praestat_Mori and 3 others
Archness

Archness

Defective Personel
Jan 20, 2023
Because one day when you are in your 30s, still living with your parents, with no money nor friends, you will regret the time you spent thinking about CTB.
Early 20's and already feel like this is what my life is, or just the same all alone.

I'm still torn on the idea of quitting while I'm still ahead, and enjoying life then ending it when I eventually can't.

Reactions: glitteryaliens, sserafim, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I agree. After all, the longer you wait, the more your body and physical health deteriorates. In my case, the longer I wait here, the more I suffer and this suffering will only accumulate until I'm dead
I agree. Specially in your case, the longer you wait to go out, meet new people, start working... The more you lose.
What do you mean when you say "you will regret the time you spent thinking about CTB"? As in, why exactly would I regret that?

Reactions: Install-Gentoo, pthnrdnojvsc, sserafim and 3 others
Twiceler

Twiceler

Pro-suicide. Blackpill.
Dec 16, 2021
Yep there's this quote from Emil Coiran that resonates:
I didn't get the first part. Why is it not worth bothering? Why, if it goes worse only? You'll be late but you'll get there anyway and will remain dead once you kill yourself, right?

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, sserafim, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
BlazingBob

BlazingBob

I'm still here b/c of my dogs
Oct 28, 2021
I'm 51 and almost too sick to ctb. I'm stuck in bed at least 20 hours a day. I should've have kms 5 or 10 or more years ago when I was healthier physically. I would've saved a lot of anguish.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: iloverachel, RosesFlourish, Linda and 13 others
I

iloverachel

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2024
The longer you wait, the more you suffer is something I fully agree with

Reactions: Kurai, ijustwishtodie, buyersremorse and 8 others
E

Erick

Student
Jan 18, 2024
I agree. After all, the longer you wait, the more your body and physical health deteriorates. In my case, the longer I wait here, the more I suffer and this suffering will only accumulate until I'm dead

What do you mean when you say "you will regret the time you spent thinking about CTB"? As in, why exactly would I regret that?
If you are a healthy person in your 20s, you should be focused on making friends, going out, making money... Not wasting your time alone in bed, because one day you will have to find a job and go to all the stress of life, so it is better to start it soon, rather than waiting until you are in your 30s and forced to do that anyway.
In your 30s getting a decent job will be harder, as well as making friends if you didn't acquire experience while in your 20s.
That girl sserafim who made this thread, is cute, healthy and in her 20s, but she prefers to stay alone in her room rather than go out and live. And I find it sad that she thinks like that, because when she is 30, she will have to work anyway, but it will be a lot harder than it would be if she started now.

• Informative
  • Hmph!
Reactions: sserafim, ihateearth, TiredOfAllThis and 4 others
S

sukiduki

Student
Mar 24, 2024
i agree, waiting longer means losing more. the suffering from continuing to live when all you want is to ctb is a form of continuous losing imo.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Alexei_Kirillov, sserafim and 4 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
With regards to death, that assumes you accumilated things to begin with- friendship, love, achievements- attachments to life that may feel painful to lose.

With regards to living- you can't lose what you didn't have to begin with but sure- we can lose out in life if we let things hold us back. Fear, social anxiety, whatever debilitates us. They can prevent us living a life we might have found more fulfilling and happy. So- we can also regret dying or getting old and ill without ever having lived- as it were.

I'm not sure what the quote was in relation to but I imagine it was more to do with living. As in- do these things before it becomes too late. 'Seize the day.' All that stuff. To an extent, it's true I think. It's easy to get caught up in the daily grind of life. Studying hard, working hard to the exclusion of everything else.

It's also easier to let fear hold us back. It's scary to challenge yourself in life. There's the potential to fail and humiliate yourself. I imagine the quote is to try and motivate someone to do what's in their heart. Pursue the things they care about while they have the best chances of succeeding- which can be while we're young.

Of course- it isn't entirely practical. Someone who wants to travel needs to save enough money to do so. They may never save enough to do it if they are on minimum wage. Some people have to work all the time, just to get by.

Then, I imagine in your case and the case of many of us here, there's probably very little we even want from life now. The interest just simply isn't there to motivate us.

Reactions: Hollowman, sserafim, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
untothedepths

untothedepths

I'm so scared... I'm cold.
Mar 20, 2023
I've already lost so much and would have many years ahead of me. I know I can lose more in my life but I feel a bit apathetic. Sometimes I question why I am even still here? What am I waiting for? I get little relief from anything now and life is screwing with me again.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim, Praestat_Mori, Kit1 and 2 others
LocalAngel

LocalAngel

Lost, wanting out.
Feb 7, 2023
It depends on the person. For me though, it for sure applies. Everything i do seems to lead to even more trauma being sustained, and nothing is stable.
If i get covid, and just so happen to get long covid, which is heavily possible... Yeah. I'd rather be dead. I'm already disabled, if i get anymore disabled i'm going to actively do everything i can to ctb.

Reactions: sserafim, Praestat_Mori and Kit1
xinino

xinino

Anti humanist
Mar 31, 2024
If you mean physically, probably, but we are all going to suffer from disease, especially fatal ones, at some point. Ordinary people are not thinking about it until it is their turn. Mentally, it is subjective. If you still believe in humans, then yes, but if you are an anti-humanist like myself and believe humans are diseases and we should all die, then no. Although my unconscious mind tortures me whenever I seriously think about suicide, my rational philosophical thought can somehow mitigate it.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, sserafim and Praestat_Mori
bookie

bookie

main character of sasu
Mar 31, 2024
I'm still waiting for the right time

Reactions: sserafim and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
It depends on the circumstances. I should've kms a few years ago right after I noticed that I failed. I knew already there won't be any recovery. Yet I didn't kms, rather there as some hope and I tried to recover but all failed. The longer I wait the worse it probably gets. And now I'm not suicidal enough anymore although it won't get better.

Reactions: Linda, Alexei_Kirillov and sserafim
Forest Fire

Forest Fire

Student
Jul 19, 2019
Yes i agree.
I feel like a plane thats been shot at and is on fire with bits of it falling off as it hurtles towards the ground. The ending seems inevitable and i'm just going to decay up until the moment i explode.

Reactions: TiredOfAllThis, BlazingBob and sserafim
Arachno

Arachno

oh no :(
Apr 10, 2023
It's definitely true in my case, I feel like the longer it's gonna take me to finally CTB the more stressful things and problems are gonna arise, and this really worries me.

Reactions: sserafim
Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Mar 9, 2024
If you are a healthy person in your 20s, you should be focused on making friends, going out, making money... Not wasting your time alone in bed, because one day you will have to find a job and go to all the stress of life, so it is better to start it soon, rather than waiting until you are in your 30s and forced to do that anyway.
In your 30s getting a decent job will be harder, as well as making friends if you didn't acquire experience while in your 20s.
That girl sserafim who made this thread, is cute, healthy and in her 20s, but she prefers to stay alone in her room rather than go out and live. And I find it sad that she thinks like that, because when she is 30, she will have to work anyway, but it will be a lot harder than it would be if she started now.
I don't know, I moved out at 18 after years of methodically saving up, graduated university at 20, and started full-time work right away. So I've been working for about three years now and I have nothing to show for it except a bunch of savings that I never use. No friends, no romantic partner, no escapes that allow me to "have fun" (I don't really know the meaning of the word) and get me out of my head. And no, I didn't spend that entire time just at work and at home. I'm someone who hates being cooped up so I'm regularly outside and in the community. I have often been a "regular" somewhere -- still, nothing to show for it.

Reactions: TiredOfAllThis and sserafim
E

Erick

Student
Jan 18, 2024
I don't know, I moved out at 18 after years of methodically saving up, graduated university at 20, and started full-time work right away. So I've been working for about three years now and I have nothing to show for it except a bunch of savings that I never use. No friends, no romantic partner, no escapes that allow me to "have fun" (I don't really know the meaning of the word) and get me out of my head. And no, I didn't spend that entire time just at work and at home. I'm someone who hates being cooped up so I'm regularly outside and in the community. I have often been a "regular" somewhere -- still, nothing to show for it.
You would be in a worse situation if you were not working and doing something. You would be as sad as you are now but with no money, nor any social interaction to keep your brain functioning properly.
Life sucks, but since we can't escape from it, we better do something to make it at least less terrible.
I also don't have friends anymore, nor girlfriend, nor fun with other people, the only thing that still give a bit of joy is my ps5.

• Informative
Reactions: Otaku, Alexei_Kirillov and sserafim
fantastic_unicorn

fantastic_unicorn

Mar 23, 2024
I'm 51 and almost too sick to ctb. I'm stuck in bed at least 20 hours a day. I should've have kms 5 or 10 or more years ago when I was healthier physically. I would've saved a lot of anguish.
First, I love your username. I am at the very beginning of a horrible, but not terminal illness and contending this exact issue. I need to go now before it gets too bad. I'm here if you want to talk, BlazingBob!

Reactions: RosesFlourish and sserafim
Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Mar 9, 2024
You would be in a worse situation if you were not working and doing something. You would be as sad as you are now but with no money, nor any social interaction to keep your brain functioning properly.
Life sucks, but since we can't escape from it, we better do something to make it at least less terrible.
I also don't have friends anymore, nor girlfriend, nor fun with other people, the only thing that still give a bit of joy is my ps5.
But that's just the point of this forum: there is an escape. I would agree with all that if I was someone who had discounted the possibility of suicide, but the whole reason I'm here is because it's a real option for me. So the logic of "oh well, better make the most of it" breaks down at that point.

Also, this is acting like depression doesn't exist. I quit my job last week because I couldn't function anymore. I stopped going to all those activities where I at least had the possibility of socializing. What was gained can always be lost. So it's not always as simple as "just engage with the outside world." You can do all that and then still end up like me.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Smaragdine and sserafim
E

Erick

Student
Jan 18, 2024
But that's just the point of this forum: there is an escape. I would agree with all that if I was someone who had discounted the possibility of suicide, but the whole reason I'm here is because it's a real option for me. So the logic of "oh well, better make the most of it" breaks down at that point.

Also, this is acting like depression doesn't exist. I quit my job last week because I couldn't function anymore. I stopped going to all those activities where I at least had the possibility of socializing. What was gained can always be lost. So it's not always as simple as "just engage with the outside world." You can do all that and then still end up like me.
I feel you, I haven't been able to function for more than a year. Just locked in my apartment without talking to anyone in real life, because I got severe depressed after I lost my health and money.
When I talk about working and doing something, is because we don't have another option, unless we really CTB. But if CTB was easy, most people here would be dead already.
What made you so depressed to the point of wanting to CTB?

• Hugs
Reactions: divinemistress36, sserafim and Alexei_Kirillov
halleyscomet

halleyscomet

halley
Mar 26, 2024
I disagree. Choosing to ctb is a very hard and personal choice.

If you make a decision with not a lot of thought, your attempt won't work and you'll have to suffer the consequences. Or you'll regret going before you're ready, you don't want the last thing you feel to be intense regret.

Once you ctb you can't go back, you've got all the time in the world to plan out and prepare for it.

Yes it'll probably be harder or more painful to do as the years go by, but if you're determined to ctb it won't really matter.

Reactions: sserafim
I

ihateearth

Student
Apr 1, 2024
Agree. I lost friendships due to getting sad at times and expressing it to friends who I thought were friends, people I did things for who weren't there for me, family who did the same, using alcohol to numb feelings which isn't good, bad things outside of my control, bad people, body weakness, and losing love. I wish I died earlier. I truly gained nothing by being alive longer. I listened to people who said have hope or you don't know what the future holds, but they are wrong. They only say that because they're supposed to.

Life can swing even lower than the last time you felt low. Surprises, a weaker body, accidents, family betrayals, lost loves. I don't want to see more lows and messed up things life has in store for me this week, next week, and six months from now. I also see the husks some people become with age and can't have the white picket fence, nice house, two cars, and normal life others have. I tried to exist here. Its not for me even if I blend in.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lifeaffirmingchoice, divinemistress36, Alexei_Kirillov and 1 other person
Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Mar 9, 2024
I feel you, I haven't been able to function for more than a year. Just locked in my apartment without talking to anyone in real life, because I got severe depressed after I lost my health and money.
When I talk about working and doing something, is because we don't have another option, unless we really CTB. But if CTB was easy, most people here would be dead already.
What made you so depressed to the point of wanting to CTB?
Sorry to hear that about your health and money, that combo is rough :\

As for me, it's kind of complicated. But I don't think you actually have to be that depressed in order to want to CTB, I think you just have to see that the juice isn't worth the squeeze.

Reactions: divinemistress36, Smaragdine and sserafim
Smaragdine

Smaragdine

Mar 31, 2024
Why are you writing this in a forum like this?

Reactions: RosesFlourish and sserafim