notherenotnow

notherenotnow

Oct 7, 2023
I'm talking about christianity, by the way.
Every single time i think about dying, then im not really scared of dyng itself. im scared than heaven exists. Not because I'm not christian and i would go to hell or whatever, but rather because the idea of just "living" forever in that heaven is so goddamn scary. I dont want to die just to find out that i have to keep being in this world for fuck knows how long. I dont understand how peole find the idea of heaven comforting. Like, if heaven exists, then for how long would we stay there? Is there really no end to existence if heaven exists? Do we really just stay up there forever and wiat for something that will never happen?
I dont even know if it's true, but my catechist (ive got no clue if thats the correct word, but you know, the person who tought religion at my school) told my class that you musn't commit suicide because then you'll end up in purgatory (something between heaven and hell) and you wont be able to get out until someone prays for you. That's even fucking worse than both heaven and hell combined.
I really wish reaincarnation is real, only because it's just a little more pleasant than heaven to me.

• Hugs
Reactions: hermestrimegistus, Tears in Rain, starryhrtz and 4 others
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
The belief that heaven or an afterlife awaits us is a "fairy story" for people afraid of death

• Love
Reactions: Tears in Rain, Yaffle, myusername890 and 4 others
notherenotnow

notherenotnow

Oct 7, 2023
The belief that heaven or an afterlife awaits us is a "fairy story" for people afraid of death
Yeah, I always felt like heaven was made up only so people would stop crying over how we cannot stop death

Reactions: myusername890 and haibane
D

Deleted member 65988

Yeah, I always felt like heaven was made up only so people would stop crying over how we cannot stop death
Well it is, it is cultivated to face that fear that death isn't the end and that everyone (well almost everyone depending on what they believed) are in heaven, looking down on earth and ridiculously happy with where they are.
I really wish reaincarnation is real, only because it's just a little more pleasant than heaven to me.
This is where I don't agree. With reincarnation, the odds of you being born into a good situation over a bad one are very, very slim. I mean, how does the probability of even being reincarnated into someone better than you were before even work? I'd take non-existence all day, reincarnation means I'd have to be human again and be burdened by all that comes with the human condition and I'm not for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: leavingthesoultrap, haibane, Forever Sleep and 1 other person
leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
Well it is, it is cultivated to face that fear that death isn't the end and that everyone (well almost everyone depending on what they believed) are in heaven, looking down on earth and ridiculously happy with where they are.

This is where I don't agree. With reincarnation, the odds of you being born into a good situation over a bad one are very, very slim. I mean, how does the probability of even being reincarnated into someone better than you were before even work? I'd take non-existence all day, reincarnation means I'd have to be human again and be burdened by all that comes with the human condition and I'm not for it.
Reincarnation scares me. The possibility of reincarnation being real are way higher than heaven or hell.

• Hugs
Reactions: notherenotnow
D

Deleted member 65988

Reincarnation scares me. The possibility of reincarnation being real are way higher than heaven or hell.
the possibility of neither happening is rather high too but people will do what they can to comfort themselves with the belief that there will still be a place in the universe for them after they've died.

Last edited by a moderator:
N33dT0D13

N33dT0D13

Xe/It
Apr 2, 2023
Uuuuugh I remember being a kid and thinking this same thing, that the finality of heaven was oddly scary / unappealing (also it just seemed boring as hell), I would also vastly prefer reincarnation.

thedevilwithin

thedevilwithin

anima vestra
Oct 4, 2023
i refrain from unequivocal assertions on the veracity of religious claims, acknowledging the inherent uncertainty that accompanies such existential inquiries. in my opinion, the prospect of a divine entity or an afterlife appears markedly improbable to me. i do recognize the solace religion provides in mitigating existential anxieties, my skepticism is rooted in the pervasive malevolence evident in the world, where the innocent suffer daily. also, the geographical determinism shaping religious beliefs prompts me to question the notion of a singular, universally benevolent deity. religion emerged as a construct tailored for those apprehensive about mortality and those inclined toward exerting influence over such individuals.

• Love
Reactions: Tears in Rain, notherenotnow and Darkover
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
I'll never believe in an afterlife nor reincarnation, nothing. After Death is non-existence forever

Reactions: Yaffle, notherenotnow, Darkover and 1 other person
Neverfeltdeader

Neverfeltdeader

Can you hear me drift away?
Dec 12, 2021
And also a comfort to those who have lost loved ones. People think that they'll be reunited with everyone that has gone before them. No one can accept the fact that when a life ends, it ends and that's it. We just live on in memory.
I'm talking about christianity, by the way.
Every single time i think about dying, then im not really scared of dyng itself. im scared than heaven exists. Not because I'm not christian and i would go to hell or whatever, but rather because the idea of just "living" forever in that heaven is so goddamn scary. I dont want to die just to find out that i have to keep being in this world for fuck knows how long. I dont understand how peole find the idea of heaven comforting. Like, if heaven exists, then for how long would we stay there? Is there really no end to existence if heaven exists? Do we really just stay up there forever and wiat for something that will never happen?
I dont even know if it's true, but my catechist (ive got no clue if thats the correct word, but you know, the person who tought religion at my school) told my class that you musn't commit suicide because then you'll end up in purgatory (something between heaven and hell) and you wont be able to get out until someone prays for you. That's even fucking worse than both heaven and hell combined.
Church just brainwashing people into believing that if you kill yourself you'll be punished forever. It's just a scare tactic.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Tears in Rain, notherenotnow and Darkover
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yeah, absolutely. I don't get what the appeal of an eternity anywhere has for people. I guess if they absolutely loved life and never got bored, maybe. Or, if they had enough imagination to full forever with fun things. I don't know, maybe I just lack the imagination to do that!

• Love
Reactions: Tears in Rain and notherenotnow
pawlessz

pawlessz

silly
Nov 15, 2023
because heaven isnt earth, its a pleasant place where youd be happy forever. hard to comprehend tho

• Love
IWishToDie

IWishToDie

I check notifications once per week
Dec 31, 2023
Just think about the billions of years before you were born. Non-existence is absolute peace. Not bad, not good. Beyond human comprehension. Embrace it, really it will be beautiful.

• Love