Throwawaysoul

Throwawaysoul

Wizard
May 14, 2018
What's the point? I've read it's because barbershops and salons are closed. So... After one month guys and gals just resort to shaving themselves bald? That's pretty unbelievable.

Sorry your grandma died.. look at me guys, I missed my hair appointment. #allinthistogether

Are they raising money? Donating the hair?

Or is this all for a low effort social media post fishing for insincere compliments while being victim.
Of course EVERYONE is going to say you look great. After all this is over, people will go back to finding baldness unattractive again.

What's our fascination with empty gestures?

Humans are weird.

• Love
Reactions: littlemisssunshine, Sabriel, Final Escape and 4 others
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
The whole point of social media is attention seeking. Even on twitter it's nothing but arguing and vanity. Though I bet if I was good looking or had a talent I'd be right on there doing the things you described too.

• Hugs
Reactions: Inferdan, Sabriel, Final Escape and 6 others
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
Can't say I'd noticed. I pay it no attention.

Reactions: MoreThanAFeeling, Halo13, terry_a_davis and 4 others
BlackPoppet

BlackPoppet

Wise woman and Celtic sky person
Mar 7, 2020
What's the point? I've read it's because barbershops and salons are closed. So... After one month guys and gals just resort to shaving themselves bald? That's pretty unbelievable.

Sorry your grandma died.. look at me guys, I missed my hair appointment. #allinthistogether

Are they raising money? Donating the hair?

Or is this all for a low effort social media post fishing for insincere compliments while being victim.
Of course EVERYONE is going to say you look great. After all this is over, people will go back to finding baldness unattractive again.

What's our fascination with empty gestures?

Humans are weird.
It's all one big virtue signal! " look at me I'm helping"!!! Type thing. ( I'm talking about the people giving compliments no matter what) Not the people that shave their hair.

Last edited:
Reactions: littlemisssunshine, Sabriel, Final Escape and 4 others
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
It is but I hope you'd say the same thing if I posted about my new haircut on here

Reactions: Final Escape, ImsooDone1N and BlackPoppet
BlackPoppet

BlackPoppet

Mar 7, 2020
It is but I hope you'd say the same thing if I posted about my new haircut on here
I'm going to have to trim the ends of my hair.....soonish, coz I don't know when the salons will be permitted to open again. I'm not shaving the lot off ......nope, nope, nope.
I dyed my hair a couple of days ago. Cheaper that way.

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob and ImsooDone1N
mesohappy

mesohappy

Cat piss sammich??
Jan 10, 2020
Im not on social media and dont know what your talking about but Ive shaved my head since forever...I liked saving money,and it just feels so fresh and clean when I do it..Lately though Ive gotten scruffy and dont give a fuck either way.Maybe this thread reminded me that its time too break out the clippers and oil.So fresh and so clean ((clean))!

Reactions: terry_a_davis and BlackPoppet
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
Guys should not go to a barber shop! Let it grow gents!

Reactions: BlackPoppet
mesohappy

mesohappy

Cat piss sammich??
Jan 10, 2020
I will not only shave mine but everyone in the Southern California area for free,just PM me for location..Just because @Myforevercharlie disagreed!

Come on down,we will shave our heads until the clippers burn out. :blarg:

• Wow
Reactions: BlackPoppet and Myforevercharlie
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
Mwahaha @mesohappy

• Love
Reactions: mesohappy
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I'm not sure how I haven't shaved my head yet. It was a ongoing struggle for the last few years. I couldn't stop myself from shaving my head like every so many months. Then lately I've managed to restrain the impulse. It's pretty tempting though because it's easier to manage when u don't have to style. Look like a cancer patient or a butch lesbian until the pixie stage which sucks lol! The sucky part about shaving your head is that u have to constantly touch it up as it grows otherwise it will grow out looking weird. Like every 2 or 3 weeks u have to shape it a bit so it's not turning into a mullet until it grows out enough.

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I do a grade one anyway cuz it's cheaper, more practical and I don't care. And it hides the bald spot.

lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
I didn't do a completely bald head shave. But I did a buzzcut. The second time I tried it and I love it. I did it because I wanted to. Not for a trend. I haven't even posted online about it. Were in quarantine anyway no need to stress about what others think about me.

Reactions: mesohappy and BlackPoppet
BabyYoda

BabyYoda

F*ck this sh!t I'm out
Dec 30, 2019
I've never really heard of a trend related to head shaving. It must be because it would take some time before people can go out again and they don't want their hair to grow too long at that point. Imagine all those long lines in the barbershops and salons.

Grendel

Grendel

Jan 13, 2019
I've been shaving my head since my early twenties because I don't like barbers hovering over me and having to make small talk. My ears don't thank me though. They're always bloody cold!

Reactions: BlackPoppet and mesohappy
BlackPoppet

BlackPoppet

Mar 7, 2020
3vqhxg 1
I generated this meme to illustrate what I was saying in my previous comment on this thread, regarding the virtue signalling!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: mediocre, Throwawaysoul and Grendel