thinkkank

thinkkank

Experienced
Oct 16, 2019
on a weekly basis I deal with assholes. One idea that I am trying to work out helps me deal with them. it's called the happiness dojo. these difficult people are like Sifus or teachers. they are teaching me how to deal with people like them and how to be happy. My interactions are like sparring sessions. they have a kung fu style of negativity and I have a style of positivity. when I interact with them I am learning how to fight against others that have the same style and also improving my own techniques. My technique of choosing to be happy regardless of what people say or do to me or my technique of remaining calm when being yelled at are improved every time I interact with these people.
Sparring sessions are supposed to be uncomfortable. Their words and actions hurt, but I employ my techniques which lessen the damage. I get mental calluses from the sparring which prevent me from being affected by their verbal blows, and also improve my ability to remain calm and happy.
This way of thinking is the only thing that helps me tolerate the people around me. Before I meet with them I brace myself for some verbal blows like a fighter.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Fragile, Disappointered, whatevs and 4 others
Luchs

Luchs

kristallene Bergluft über verfallener Gruft
Aug 20, 2019
That is a really good idea.

thinkkank

thinkkank

Experienced
Oct 16, 2019
some of the people i work with practice rude-jutsu. one guy i work with is a black belt and the other two are blue belts. every time i interact with the black belt guy it's like a sparring session. i improve my ability to remain happy and i also learn how to deal with people like the black belt. i am handle the blue belt guys because i sparred with the black belt guy

Reactions: Disappointered
thinkkank

thinkkank

Experienced
Oct 16, 2019
my landlord practices angry jutsu and is clearly a blackbelt. my interactions with them and the people at work help me develop calluses. a callus is a thick surface that develops over a soft or sensitive surface after repeated exposure to a tough surface. the soft surface feels pain at first when it encounters toughness, but over time the calluses develop and protect it from the toughness. my mind develops a callus each time I spar with my landlord or co-workers. its painful to hear them yell, call me names, gossip about me, laugh, but i know that i am developing a callus which will lessen their bullshit and allow me to deal with similar situations in the future.
i try not to run away from them because i know that i can't run forever. there will always be people who use rude jutsu and anger justu. i have to develop the calluses to prevent their attacks from hurting me.
i'm also practicing how to let go of the negative memories that come with these interactions. it's natural to hold on to the arguments, threats and put-downs, but now i have a technique of letting it go. instead of carrying that heavy weight of memory, i just shrug it off and enjoy the rest of my day. it's not easy to do and it takes practice. my interactions with these negative people are that practice.
there are hundreds of people that use rude jutsu and anger jutsu. my sparring with the people in my life now will allow me to handle similar people in the future.

Reactions: Disappointered
Deadly_Intention

Deadly_Intention

Apr 10, 2021
my landlord practices angry jutsu and is clearly a blackbelt. my interactions with them and the people at work help me develop calluses. a callus is a thick surface that develops over a soft or sensitive surface after repeated exposure to a tough surface. the soft surface feels pain at first when it encounters toughness, but over time the calluses develop and protect it from the toughness. my mind develops a callus each time I spar with my landlord or co-workers. its painful to hear them yell, call me names, gossip about me, laugh, but i know that i am developing a callus which will lessen their bullshit and allow me to deal with similar situations in the future.
i try not to run away from them because i know that i can't run forever. there will always be people who use rude jutsu and anger justu. i have to develop the calluses to prevent their attacks from hurting me.
i'm also practicing how to let go of the negative memories that come with these interactions. it's natural to hold on to the arguments, threats and put-downs, but now i have a technique of letting it go. instead of carrying that heavy weight of memory, i just shrug it off and enjoy the rest of my day. it's not easy to do and it takes practice. my interactions with these negative people are that practice.
there are hundreds of people that use rude jutsu and anger jutsu. my sparring with the people in my life now will allow me to handle similar people in the future.
It's true what you say. In a way you get practice to deal with even more difficult people later... I just wonder why we need to practice you know? Like why can't people just be nice or caring? But I guess some people would say that I am giving them practice... I'm a pro at f**king relationships up using my special jutsu

Reactions: thinkkank
thinkkank

thinkkank

Experienced
Oct 16, 2019
one technique I'm practicing in the dojo is turning negative memories into funny stories. It's easy to carry negative memories. They're like a hot iron, every time you touch it it burns you. I want to turn those painful memories into something funny and nullify them. My opponents try to hurt me with negativity, but I turn their attacks into humor

Reactions: Fragile