DeathSleep

DeathSleep

Unstable Potato
May 25, 2023
My anxiety increases when I start thinking about the future and living a lot longer. (It decreases if I think about dying soon tho.) After being homeless before and being stuck in limbo now with housing (I'm still in treatment from my last attempt because I have no where to go. I may get housing soon but I'm still skeptical.) Im worried about always feeling insecure with my housing.
My mental health hasn't been helping the situation at all. I feel like I'll always be nervous about having housing now. It's another reason for me to ctb. I don't want to be homeless again. It's hard to say the least.
I dunno.
I just wondered if anyone can relate to having difficulties with housing. I just get stressed thinking about it and it spirals into other things. Like how alone I am or how useless to society I am because I currently have no job.
I get excited and comforted by the thought of ctb tho. A sense of horror when I think about living a long life.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: InTheDarkAlone, neurotic and jaxxon_sunn
neurotic

neurotic

𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐈'𝐦 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 /// 💜💚💙
May 24, 2023
Housing right now is extremely difficult because of Covid. The market is highly inflated with some of the only options in bigger areas being apartments and renting for a landlord. On the other hand, it is recovering because no one wants to spend the money the retailers are asking for. Pretty much everything just needs time to recover. I've been where you are and it's a terrible feeling knowing you own nothing. I hope your situation gets better, I'm rooting for you!

Reactions: DeathSleep
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
Are you in the UK? If so, section 2 or section 3? I was stuck without housing for ages as I kept getting section 2. In the UK, St Mungos are brilliant and they helped me get housing when I was homeless. Hopefully if you get housing you will get support with keeping it. Like at the moment I have a housing officer and in touch with a social worker,and they try and find housing that will be a good solution for you so you will stay housed.

Now I have cockroaches but also running water and a fridge.

If you are not in UK I have no clue...

DeathSleep

DeathSleep

Unstable Potato
May 25, 2023
Are you in the UK?
I'm in the US.
There is help it's just very slow moving. I worry I'll have to be homeless for a period even though others are reassuring me that won't happen. I have bad luck lately and I have a lot of anxiety anyways. I just feel so trapped because I want to ctb but my options aren't good right now and they get worse if I'm homeless. I've been trying to come up with a worse case scenario plan to make me feel better. It's been helping the anxiety a bit.